Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

shock.gif

Are you even able to flush this shit?

God, parasites. I never even suspected such things inside my body. eusa_eh.gif

You might pass that green junk, but probably not something that extreme. You gotta listen to your body (listen, not cater to its every freekin' whim). It is tough, but an extended fast, depending on age and current weight for duration, will be beneficial.

In many cases fasting is really a more viable practice for women, who universally desire to lose weight, than it is for many males who do not wish to do so for legitimate reasons. This may be inconceivable from a female point of view, but it should be understood that many males feel about losing weight the way females feel about gaining it, for good reason.

how beneficial is a one day fast? Does it give your body barely any rest from digestion?

aka, its not worth "hunger" over doing it?

Wow before you go off and tell people to fast you should warn them the harmfull effects of fasting. When you fast you should definetely do a juice fast it's much more safer and it gives your body nutrients to aid the detox. When you fast for long periods of time your body starts feeding off muscle this might include the heart muscle. Do a google search on fasting you should be able to get much better information.

Guest OrangeFlower
Most of us have sufficient reserves, capable of sustaining us for many weeks."

I agree with the fasting as a good way to get the body healthy and back on track. My brother is a molecular biologist from a top med school and he advocates fasting.

the first two days are pretty hard but then day 3-4 you start to feel better. It's a good way to reboot your system so to speak, like when our comp has probs sometimes the only way to rid of them is to hit restart.

Yeah, Antony, I like you, I trust your insight, you seem like a very intelligent, giving person, but your perception about women's universal desire to stay thin is a bit off. I have extremely little motivation to be thin, I feel very happy about my body shape even though I am about 25-30 lbs extra "good," let's say. I'm currently trying to convince myself that I need to eat healthy for my long term well being, which is a little difficult if you feel fine with the status quo.

But anyways, to clarify, no, not all women desire to be or maintain or reach thinness. Perhaps it's just the women you've met in your life.

---------

And Noxious Infestation, fasting sounds like a really good idea. I have for a while toyed with the idea of doing Sunday fasts or something of the like. Traditional Indian medicine has always touted the benefits of regular, short fasts. I'll give it a go, and if I do it regularly enough, I'll definitely post my results.

But anyways, to clarify, no, not all women desire to be or maintain or reach thinness. Perhaps it's just the women you've met in your life.

Another possibility is a tea fast. I am new to fasting and I began with a ginger tea fast, ginger aids digestion. I found the fast really invigorating. Check out askshelley.com. She is really great and helpful and has information about fasting. She suggests breaking the fast a little slower than Noxious, and I think I agree. It's really important to break a fast real slowly to "wake up" your organs. And...you should prepare for a fast before just doing it. Start with a cleansing diet and then move to the fast...it would be extremely hard if you go from eating ice cream after your hamburger and then wake up and start a three day fast.

I didn't mean to suggest that all normal emotionally well-adjusted women should only by their nature want to lose weight. I don't believe that. I am simply acknowledging that doing something that WILL make you lose weight is much more agreeable for most women than it is for many men.

No one in western society who has ever walked by a magazine stand or watched 10 minutes of television or shopped at a supermarket or simply observed how we talk about and treat each other according to our own and others' appearances can honestly disagree with this statement. This isn't to say that all women want to or should want to lose weight (I don't believe this), but simply that the prospect of losing weight as a side-effect to doing something is almost never seen as a bad thing by women (quite the contrary, it's often the most compelling reason to do it), whereas for a very significant number of men, especially younger, ectomorphic ("hardgainer") males with our genetic distinction of higher metabolisms and fewer fat cells, the prospect of losing weight is extremely undesirable. This is a very real double standard profoundly linked with associations of size, strength, power and taking up space with maleness and slimness and smallness with femaleness. Regardless of the reasons for these associations, they do exist in western society, and this accounts at least in part for the difference in how men and women regard the prospect of losing a significant amount of weight.

Many males like myself are actually insecure at times about NOT WEIGHING ENOUGH-- how many women have any of YOU ever met in your life who share this insecurity? I can't tell you how many times I've heard skinny guys get pissed off at being skinny-- not skinny as opposed to fat, obviously, but skinny as opposed to being able despite their best efforts in the gym and at the table to put on any significant size or weight at all, muscle or otherwise, traits which are inextricably wrapped up with our sense of manhood, whether conditioned or inborn. At any rate, how many times have you heard a woman ask you, "Do these pants make my thighs look fat? Because that's TOTALLY the look I'm going for!" If you gave an average woman the choice between regular and low-fat yogurt, which would she choose? And how many men versus how many women do you think count calories? Women by and large, so to speak, certainly don't mind losing weight, to say nothing of generally going to great lengths to fit into that perfect dress for that wedding, you know, the one where you show your ex how fabulous you've become since leaving him (or whatever the reason). Quite conversely, while most men are perfectly comfortable with their weight, there exists even a significant number of men who, far from wanting to lose even a pound, are actively and desperately trying to gain it.

The practicising of frequent fasting, while very healthy in a way, is simply not as viable an option for many men for whom the inevitable accompanying side-effect of "slimming down" is not at all appreciated.

Guest OrangeFlower

antony, are you a philosophy major

or did you study it in great detail?

eusa_think.gif