Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I was on it I had the same problems and diarrhea. It wasnt helping my acne at all, so I just quit taking it, and the sickness went away. So baisically, it is very likely erythromycin is causing it.

I have been on erythromycin for a few weeks and it has given me the "shits" a few times ... I have started taking pro biotic drinks just before I swallow the pills ... this stuff is really working for me ... prob best as well to take with food ... and get plenty of water !

I have been on erythromycin for about 2 months now. The first month was awful for me because I constantly had diarreah, and the first two weeks my stomach would feel really sick. I even threw up a couple of times with it. However, it goes away. I am totally fine with it now, and bonus, it is clearing my acne up. I only have some scarring left now, which my doctor says will fade in a matter of months. One thing you might have later on, which I am experiencing now is a weird sort of metallic taste in your mouth. It isn't anything horrible, but I asked my doctor and he said that this drug will od that. But, it works, and that is all I care about!!!!!

I am also using topical creams with it to though, at night I use Vitamin A acid 9which made me break out huge the first two weeks, but now if is way better), and clindoxyl, which has 5% BP in it. As my face wash I use spectro gel, and as a cream I use aveeno skin brightening lotion.

Hope this helps!!!

hiya, ive just started also been 6 days now, im on 250mg twice a day.

Not made me feel ill at all which im quite suprised about coz i though it would. I have had no new spots since starting taking my tablets which could just be a coincidence but either way im quite happy, only got a months worth of tablets thou so am hoping it wont wear off!

confused.gif