Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok I am currently on Minocycline.. I take one pill in the morning and one in the evening... I am also using zoderm was in the am and differn gel at night. On top of that my derm gave me duac to use. My question is on top of all of this is it ok to use tea tree oil. I had a cyst that is going away and I wand to put some tea tree oil on it to help it, but I am worried it will burn the skin.

ninja.gif

-Shawb

I use pure tea tree cream on major cysts.... I just think 'well it can't get much worse even if it does get sore' or something...but with me it does help.

BE WARNED

Your redmark after the acne calms down will be there for a LONG time. I just put Aloe Vera on now, it doesnt get rid of the cyst SUPER fast but it doesnt leave me with the super long lasting redmark either. Yeah i get a redmark still but it goes away alot quicker this way.

After using TTO on my cheek cyst and seeing how the redmark is as dark as ever 2 months later, im never using the stuff again....

@ !CiRiEiEiP!!:

That's really interesting that you mentioned that about tea tree oil prolongng red marks.....I used to use it on active acne too.....I wonder if that's why I still have hyperpigmentation. Has anyone else encountered this?

@ !CiRiEiEiP!!:

That's really interesting that you mentioned that about tea tree oil prolongng red marks.....I used to use it on active acne too.....I wonder if that's why I still have hyperpigmentation. Has anyone else encountered this?