Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dazman

No produtcts...just diet and wash the face

Hi All,

I've been thinking and reading a few posts about NOT, that's right not using any products on my face (active acne area). I would only wash my face with warm water in the morning and in the evening I'd use a gentle cleanser with warm water to clear away any dirty from the day. That's it nothing else. I would like to get your opinion on this and for anyone who has tried this in the past, please share your results (state your age, was your skin oily, what was your acne like etc). I have read of a few people doing this and seeing amazing results.

I'm 29 and have tried everything known and the only time I have had great skin was when I did less to it...washed, a little BP on active/danger areas and that's it(done morning and night). When doing this, the areas I wasn't applying the BP were clear all the time, only the areas I applied the BP would have new pimples form....hmmmm....interesting?!?! Another 2 reason's for considering this regime is I never apply products to my forehead and that's the only area I never get acne! And finally, all of the people I have known to have acne...now don't....what do they do different from us? Don't use products!

I know you all would be thinking the same as me...it's a big risk to take, only washing and no products, but is it not the same as trying every new product and medication that is available?

I hope to heard all your opinions and/or results from the above method.

Regards

Daz

I'd try the freeacnebook.com sample diet..

Consists of a major diet overhaul and no meds/face washes.(only squirting your face with bottled water and using oil to moisturize.) Exactly what you're trying to do-----

Give it a try. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I've tried this. I'm 24, have moderate acne. Going product-free makes no difference on my face. However, it does help my back quite a bit. I started washing my hair over the sink a few months ago, so that shampoo wouldn't run down my body, and I take only quick, cool showers to rinse off my back. Now, all of my active red acne is gone - which is fabulous - but I still have comedones all over. That really bothers me, but I shouldn't be too picky because it looks 80 times better now that the inflammation is gone.

Hi All,

I've been thinking and reading a few posts about NOT, that's right not using any products on my face (active acne area). I would only wash my face with warm water in the morning and in the evening I'd use a gentle cleanser with warm water to clear away any dirty from the day. That's it nothing else. I would like to get your opinion on this and for anyone who has tried this in the past, please share your results (state your age, was your skin oily, what was your acne like etc). I have read of a few people doing this and seeing amazing results.

I'm 29 and have tried everything known and the only time I have had great skin was when I did less to it...washed, a little BP on active/danger areas and that's it(done morning and night). When I doing this, the areas I wasn't applying the BP were clear all the time, only the areas I applied the BP would have new pimples form....hmmmm....interesting?!?! Another 2 reason's for considering this regime is I never apply products to my forehead and that's the only area I never get acne! And finally, all of the people I have known to have acne...now don't....what do they do different from us? Don't use products!

I know you all would be thinking the same as me...it's a big risk to take, only washing and no products, but is it not the same as trying every new product and medication that is available?

I hope to heard all your opinions and/or results from the above method.

Regards

Daz

Keep us updated Markh.

This is my plan. As I've been using products for a while, I'm going to slowly remove them from my life. I'm currently using B5 and will continue to do so during this regime. The B5 is only making oil production normal, so if by washing only with water and balancing my skin this way, the B5 will not be needed and at that time I will reduce it week by week, until I'm no longer using it.

The Plan:

Week 1

Morning wash with warm water

Evening wash with gentle face wash 100% natural ingredients and apply small amount of BP

Week 2

Same as above but remove BP in the evening

Week 3

Same as week 2

Week 4

Only water washes.

Yeah. I'm not as strict as I used to be. I kind of know what my "bad foods" are. But its just really tough sticking to a plan. I guess its my problem and why I still have persistent acne.

I got through to about day 10 of being 100% strict and my face was amazing.

Get a variety of fruits and you'll never want breads or pasta again.

YOu defintely have to be a fruit, egg yolk, and veggie lover to strive off the plan.

I dont have a whole lot of personal experience on why it works, but I was recommended from some family friends to try it a while back, and I stuck with it for awile and it seemed to work.

http://www.waitalk.com/cgi-bin/bb/ultimatebb.cgi (Read ONLY forum)

Defintely one of the better "diets" out there. Covers all your nutriential bases.

I've been doing something like this for a few weeks now and have seen huge improvements, like no other method I've tried in years.

I am a 23 year old female who has had acne since I was about 18 or 19. My skin is above average oily. I have tried about everything from every wash to microdermabrasion to different diets, etc.

This is what I'm doing and am 95% clear:

On nights when I don't exfoliate or use wash I just use luke warm water. I do exfoliate with medicated Apriot scrub every forthish day. I only use it on parts of my face that need it. I exfoliate at night so my face doesn't look at all irritated when going out. I use Noxema Triple Clean about every 3rd night. Never do the exfoliating and washing within the same day. I use acv as a spot treatment if I feel anything coming on. It works amazingly! I do not dillute it, I just apply to acne prone areas and go to bed. I moisturize with a Oil of Olay classic when and where needed.

I also eat fairly good but never shy away from something if I want it like chocolate or greasy food. I do not drink much milk though. I drink a fair amount of water. I exercise 5 days/week at a moderate to intense level, doing 30-45 mins cardio/session. And I always make sure after doing cardio to rinse with a luke warm water face cloth. I take a multivitamin 2 times/day and a B complex once a day.

I came upon this site a few months ago in a search for a cure for my acne because it was so bad..not severe but for me it was too much. I did find some good information but nothing worked this good because I was washing my face so much...2-3 times a day, and it was stripping my face. So using my bf's advice (he had acne til he stopped washing), I stopped washing my face so much and only used a bit of what I feel works for me. And today I am so much more confident in my face. It started working within a week! My face hasn't looked this good in years.

Maybe most importantly, I haven't been picking at my face..I don't know if it's because I haven't had any pimples since I started this or not, but do not pick! Preoccupy yourself so you won't.

Please just give it a try! And Good luck.

I completely attest to diet affecting your skin. For the past week I have been eating nothing but health, however, I had to eat something and only a slice of pizza was available. Now, I have not seen my skin so oily since I began the health food. I was so upset, and I had immediately sprouted a small pimp near my mouth. However, I quickly fixed things, NO POPPING, it is amazing what your skin looks like with no popping.

The only products I am using are Natural: Burt's Bees.

I would say I am about 95% clear with red marks. Not sure how to get trid of those.

I believe most products do make it worse, its probably mostly mental, you think "if my acne looks bad while on this, imagine how it'll look with nothing!" I used to think that unless my face was in a state of extreme discomfort at all times due to bp or some new soap my compexion wasn't gonna improve..well i recently got off all those things and cleaned up my diet, and i already see great progress after only 5 days. You might want to look into the raisin thing too, it seems to be helping.

Another nice effect of not taking any skin products is the skin on your face feels alot healthier, thick, and malleable, before when i was on bp it felt like thin sandpaper stretched over my face to the breaking point! eusa_wall.gif

so what is exactly in raisins that make them good?

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s01ky.html

http://www.nationalraisin.com/organic_prod...aisin_bulk.html

Looking at the "facts" it has mainly carbs, contained mainly of sugar carbs, and very little calories from fat. It seems like a nothing food really... just to fill you up... Is that the appeal of raisins? They feel you up and have no negative effects??? similar to mainly all fruits and veggies