Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

My pic ( Finally )

Guest agentx

hey, finally i gathered enough courage to put my pic in the gallery. Now all you can see why im a little stubborn sometimes. And i do have severe cystic acne. Life`s a mess. :oops:

Anyway if accutane works ... my gallery pictures would be the BEST example of them working :P

Still waiting for sunshine. :(

CheerS!

Go here to take a look at my pic

http://acne.org/gallery/Agentx

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It's awful that so many of us have to deal with acne. I'll pray that Accutane works for you, and I hope that you find your sunshine! :wink:

Dude before you got o accutane you shold go have smoothbeam cooltouch or nlite or whatever done to your face so all your current acne goes away immediately then go on accutane.

that way it will also help the healing process and have les sposisblity of leaving scars.

Good luck with accutane! I really hope it'll work for you. Your acne looks a lot like my brothers. And he's completely clear now after only one treatment with accutane. So I will hope for the best for you :P

Hey wassup agentx...just wanted to say that everyone in this forum has acne either mild, moderate, or servere...but we all share the same problem..just wanted to say good luck to you and everyone else on the board. Things will get better for all of us.

Guest agentx

thanks for the suppport ... i cant belive my skin goes from that to quite bearable in just a week, and then back again. and then worse. hehe but ... wat can one do. Anyways ill be starting an accutane diary with pics and hopefully it will be a success story of Accutane :?

Ill ask my derm if i need to do that light treatment hello50

Thanks Marc :( and Bahopheta

To tell you the truth ... i couldnt belive that was my pic at first. i actually hated myself when i saw it. Cuz im so outgoing and i DO have a girlfriend. and i think she`s the one keeping me alive... the thought of having her touch my face keeps me alive :P she`s very supportive and see`s this as a disease which will eventually go away ( Hopefully ).

Thanks for all the support i get from this group .. and if i say anythin bad sometime ... dont mind i dont have anything against anyone in this group. its just that having this much acne ... really depresses me and i dont know where else to go to express my feelings.

CheerS!

Your derm will probably know little or nothing about it.

Their no question about it, it shuld be done before you go on accutane make sure the pimples you have no go away and youll be free of acne fr atleast 3 months, while on accutane.

www.smoothbeam.com

check if they have it around

its rather expensive like 200 dollar for one treatment

Agent X,

I saw your pic...and dont worry, Im 15 and my acne was worse. I started Accutane 2 months and after a horrible first month...and a little less worse second month, the acne has stopped coming, and my face is beginning to heal. However my complexion is far from perfect due to scarring and redness, so I would take Hello50's advice and look into cosmetic procedures that will take care of the acne that you have right now....because the initial breakout will be more than enough...trust me.

Anyway...good luck!

Aight....imma tell u some helpful info to make your accutane session a little more bearable.

1 - dont worry bout the Nlite and all that, they dont work near as well as accutane, and ur acne is bad enough that the initial break out is not going to be something u havent seen before. (sorry to be so blunt, but there is no critisizm here, only help) Trying to get rid of ur acne to lessen chance of scarring before u take accutane is gonna be a big waste of time.

2 - Use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser or anti-bacterial bar. (The bar is slightly more drying but I really like it) Also use a mild exfoliant every other day or so. These two combined should lessen the amount of dead flaky skin cells that look really funny.

3 - Might as well go ahead and order chapstick in bulk. I keep one in my room, one in my pocket and one in my car. If I go anywhere without it, it can get pretty painful. This is prolly the most necessary thing of all when on accutane.

4 - Moisturize....I like the Cetaphil moisturizing cream personally...Alot would suggest using a moisturizer with SPF, but I prefer to just stay out of the sun, becuz the SPF makes my skin kinda itchy. I actually only moisturize the area around my mouth and right below my nose, as it is the only area that really needs it. You could moisturize ur whole face if necessary, but for me its unecessary.

5 - Use a moisturizing body wash and lots of lotion. Pay special attention to the forearms and top of hands....sometimes my tricep area gets really dry as well. I apply lotion after every shower I take.

6 - Eyes might get dry....I notice it alot when I am walking fast or running....my eyes will start to water alot to compensate for the lack of moisture, and they start to sting a little from time to time. I dont really do much about this, but I guess you could use eye drops or something....

7 - Ive read in various places that it is necessary that the accutane be taken with plenty of food to get the maximum efficiency from your dosage.

I know it sounds like a bunch of bullshit, but if u take a little time to do everything, ur 5 months will be much better. Also, try not to look in the mirror too much, and dont worry about ur skin, or the initial break out, becuz it is all temporary and in a short time this will be a problem of the past.

Good Luck

-Cory

Guest agentx

Hey well ... cory thanks for the advice. Ill follow them as much as possible. As for the initial breakout ... -cory i dont mind you saying stuff about my acne :P it helps actually... cuz i know that people who only have a few whiteheads etc DO fear the initial breakout ... but as far as im concerned, i think i already am quite worse then what accutane could do LOL.

And as for the side effects .. they will be bearable i guess .. ill follow some of the advice that cory has given me. and more that i get from this forum.

Actually for those of you who dont know i am from pakistan and am an international student in australia. Without my parents or anyone. So that makes it all 10 times difficult. I have to ask my mom and dad for cash almost every week cuz i cant get a job looking like this. Plus add to that the cost of buying accutane and paying the derm fee`s.

And to top it all off ... my countries currency is 35 Rupee to every One australian Dollar :(

I mustve done something bad in my life to deserve all this. Sometimes i think of going back to my country but i would waste all the money my parents have spent on sending me here. and let them down.

Lets hope for the better. I have all my hopes on accutane.

Thanks for the support again everyone. You all are a real help!

CheerS!

Guest agentx

and swizzchard was ur acne really this bad? and how is it now compared to the time before accutane? how much dosage did u take ?

And i just uploaded some new pics of today into the gallery

http://acne.org/gallery/Agentx

Can you belive that its the same face it was 5 days ago? thats the problem with my acne ... it goes from HELL to bearable within a week. HIGHLY unpredictable. anyways its not NEAR ok now but compared to 6 days ago its heaven.

All of you might consider it dumb but i feel good even if i have skin like i have today. Strange isnt it? well i cant imagine my life with clear skin :P

And hello50 i couldnt find that laser treatment anywhere in the whole of Australia. ill ask my derm about that anyway but i think thats for Inactive acne scars. Not to treat acne.

Thanks for the support and do look at the pic ... its a whole new face lol still B.A.D but compare the before and after ( If i can call it that cuz usually its before and After its cured :oops: )

Cheers! and love to you all.

Guest agentx

hey one last thing ... just wanted to let you know that whenever i get a new cyst ... which is actully almost everyday ... its almost 90% on the same side on both sides of my face. funny isnt it :/

No its for acne scars and acne.

It kills the acne because of the light.

Apparently the light kills acne

you'll be acne free for 3 months

10% actually get cured totally.

You cant take it on accutane.

Try Cooltouch 2

thats the cheapest one

Guest agentx

well hello50 thats what i said ... its not available anywhere in australia ... atleast i cant find a place that offers it ... anyway, ill ask my derm lets see what he says.

AcnePiglet, I swear, if you don't shut the fuck up, I'll finger-fuck your eye sockets, get a bowling ball grip on your pumpkin head, and throw you back into the gutter where you belong.

I mustve done something bad in my life to deserve all this.

Heh, thats exactly the way I used to feel--like this was punishment for what I did in a past life.

Anyway, I just want to say that my skin used to look like yours and I thought things were hopeless. Then my doctor prescribed me accutane and it really is the best thing I have ever done for myself. It really saved my life.

Looking at me now you would never know that I ever had acne that severe. The accutane did exactly what it was supposed to do. The side effects were just as Cory described, but they really are nothing compared to the positive effects of the medication. I am confident that things will get better for you. Good luck, and be sure to post your results.

Andrew

Guest agentx

hey thanks aLOT Andrewb i really appreciate your help. You really made my hopes higher :P

Lets hope accutane works for me also :(

"It kills the acne because of the light.

Apparently the light kills acne

you'll be acne free for 3 months

10% actually get cured totally. "

Hmm.....I used one of these lights for 6 weeks straight and it didnt do shit. Maybe I am one of the few or something....

-Cory

Guest agentx

yea, i dont see how light could treat acne :/ anyways ill ask my derm and only IF he suggests anything which i dont think he will ... ill go do the light thing first.

Hopes on Accutane!

CheerS!