Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sounds like Ben

-the face of a monster-

Sooooooo.....this is just like all the other threads on acne.

My History:

I'm already 20. I'm in college now, getting my degree in accounting. I juggle 4 jobs, and I somehow squeeze time for sleep.

I've had acne since I was 17ish when my SUPER OILY SKIN arrived. I don't excersise, I dont work out, and I don't eat very healthy either, but i'm slim/average, and not an ounce of fat on me.

It all started with little acne, VERY LITTLE, and errupted last summer. Winter is always great, but now its getting hotter, and summer is approahing, along with my horrible cystic acne. So here I am, professing to you the good and bad days of my acne. I usually fluctuate with my acne, some days i'm CLEAR, some days i'm SHIT FACED. Not sure why, but hopefully if i document what I do during my day, I can find some sort of pattern.

I do not follow a daily regimend. Mine changes VERY OFTEN because I'm on a really unbelievably busy schedule and I'm also a product whore and I usually don't stick to one product for more than 2 weeks. I need to change this and hopefully I will.

The only thing that I keep constant is my health drink which has CURED OILY SKIN and reduced my cystic acne!!

Here is my miracle drink:

Using the Juiceman Juicer...I juice

1 bellpepper

1 cucumber

2 apples

2 carrots

1 celery stick

I believe that the bellpepper is the key, but who knows...it tastes good (to me) and it cured my oily skin and reduced the sizes of my cystic acne.

Hopefully, I'll keep this journal up daily and we'll see what happens.

Let's see how today went...it went HORRIBLE. I HAVE SO MUCH ACNE I WANT TO STAB MYSELF IN THE NECK. Ok. well let's see how my day went.

10am-1pm:

1) Woke up

2) Showered

3) Used St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser

yes that's all i did this morning.

2pm-5:

1) Ate at Chipotle. Had 3 soft tacos w/ rice, bellpeppers, steak, tomato and corn salsa, cheese, and sour cream

2) Had a large 20oz. Iced White Mocha

3) Went to the restroom and threw water on my face and dried it with paper towel. (wow just writing this makes me feel horrible)

6pm-10pm:

1) Came home

2) Washed face with St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser again

3) Ate Buffalo Wings w/ ranch dressing, rice, and celery for dinner.

4) Ate cereal and milk for desert

5) Drank my little mixture (see above).

11pm:

1) Washed face again with St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser

2) Used a scrub. (I can't believe i did this out of spite of my acne. Bad Ben!)

3) Put on some 10% BP Cream that the dermatologist gave me. Its some really thick white stuff that i have NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. I'll get read the label and post it here later. I swear it works (when i used it a long time ago. This is my first time using it in months..just because i'm discouraged today).

4) Drank a shat load of water before staying up all night to finish up a history paper.

1:19am:

1) Washed off the 10% BP with some St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser (i feel like i'm opening this tube way too many times a day. I'm goin to slow down on the washing....)

2) Applied some 10% BP Clearsil Vanishing Cream

3) Still typing up my paper. I will be up all night. Great..

Things to remember:

1) DO NOT SCRUB

2) DO NOT EAT CRAP FOR FOOD

3) SLEEEP!

4) DRINK MORE WATER!

5) Moisturize!! -> Go buy some tomorrow

6) Dont leave home without putting on some sort of protection

7) Bring face wash so you dont use just WATER.

8) STOP TOUCHING UR FACE!

9) POST MORE TOMORROW!

ANCE UPDATE:

Forehead: 6 pimples above the eyebrows...3 or so on each side. They are all popped, and dying. Nothing on the forehead forehead.

Cheeks: One that is growing in size. It's on my left cheek. It sucks big wazoo.

Nose: NOTHING! THANK GOD NOTHING. (please dont jinx myself). Well it feels like one is wayyyy underneath, but nothing is popping up yet.

Chin: One big one under my chin. It isn't ripe yet at all, but it hurts like *BEEP*.

Jawline: left side has maybe 2 cysts that aren't doing anything really...right side has 3 live cysts. They are HURTING SO BADLY!

here are pictures of me:

01---The First one is of me last friday. This is a closeup of the horrid crap on my face.

02---Me the next day (saturday) making the ugliest face i possibly could.

03---Me the day before Prom (2003). What great skin i had. *sigh*

04---Me at a VHS or Beta/Robbers on Highstreet/Ambulance Ltd/King of Leon Concert. This was say...a month ago? What ugly hair i had...so girly. what's up with the teeth too....anyway..i had GREAT SKIN THAT DAY!

05---Me in 2003 again, yes such great skin i had. I was so lucky.

post-23197-1113545272_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545280_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545295_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545302_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545348_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545272_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545280_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545295_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545302_thumb.jpg

post-23197-1113545348_thumb.jpg

Guys...please post if you see ANYTHING that needs to be changed or addressed that I haven't addressed already or if you REALLY THINK IT NEEDS TO BE UNDERLINED BOLDED ETC...

Products that i have in my bathroom:

AVEDA Botanical KineticsTM Purifying Gel Cleanser

St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser (Normal/Dry Skin AND Oily/Acne Proned Skin)

St. Ives® Medicated Apricot Scrub (this stuff scratches my skin like no other)

ProActiv Advanced Solution Stuff (all 3: wash, toner, lotion & i have the sulfur mask)

Clearsil 10% BP Vanishing Cream

Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10% BP

Some doctor's stuff that's really thick white stuff that I rarely use

A gentle facial scrub <- yes i will throw it away NOW.

Note: i do not use ALL of it everyday, but rather...i use certain products on certain days...depending on how my face feels. But i do use Clearsil 10% BP Vanishing Cream EVERY NIGHT.

" Woke up

3) Used St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser

yes that's all i did this morning.

2pm-5:

3) Went to the restroom and threw water on my face and dried it with paper towel. (wow just writing this makes me feel horrible)

6pm-10pm:

2) Washed face with St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser again

11pm:

1) Washed face again with St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser

2) Used a scrub. (I can't believe i did this out of spite of my acne. Bad Ben!)

1:19am:

1) Washed off the 10% BP with some St. Ives® Apricot Radiance™ Blemish-Fighting Cream Cleanser (i feel like i'm opening this tube way too many times a day. I'm goin to slow down on the washing....)"

END QUOTE

All that WASHING !!! Your poor face needs some chill out time

I used to be a chronic cleanser and would wash and scrub my face 3-4 times a day believe me it just makes it worse worse and worse.

Recently I've decided to try the "less is best" routine and now most mornings wash my face with nothing but warm water and at night use cetaphil...me and my face are much happier and looking forward to things continuing to get smoother and clearer

All that WASHING !!! Your poor face needs some chill out time

I used to be a chronic cleanser and would wash and scrub my face 3-4 times a day believe me it just makes it worse worse and worse.

Recently I've decided to try the "less is best" routine and now most mornings wash my face with nothing but warm water and at night use cetaphil...me and my face are much happier and looking forward to things continuing to get smoother and clearer

So last night I had 50 minutes of sleep: from 5:00am-5:50am.

I had to write a history paper *sigh*.

I left my house at 7:00am and ate 2 slices of raisin bread (yum) and a glass of milk.

I went to school, came home and ate some Pork and Rice w/ veggies (12pm).

I slept from 1pm-4pm.

Woke up for work.

Took a shower and used just warm water for my face.

Now i'm heading out for dinner (8pm). I swear this "gentleness" on my face is working I think. It doesn't itch as much or hurt as much.

I'll eat something very simple, not so greasy, and hopefully I'll be ok.

lata mates..

yea, I think its a good idea that you wash less-2 times a day. Plus, be consistent on what you use on your face-quit jumping from one product to another. Sleep is also needed-it relieves stress, man.

Oh yea, I heard pork is not good for your skin if you got an acne prob-I dont know if its true but its worth a try to steer clear from them for now.

Overwashing will get ya every time. I once didn't wash my face for a whole day and when I did it was softer, smoother and far less oily and irritated. Skin is supposed to produce oil to keep it soft but when you overwash i think the top layer gets very dried out and traps the oil actually leading to more clogged pores and acne than if you just left the oil there.

Also DO NOT USE SODIUM LAURETH/LAUREL SULFATE based cleanserst to wash with. That's listed as a comedogenic ingredient and it's overly drying and irritating. I've always liked neutrogena fragrance free bar soap original formula.

If all else fails-try a course of accutane-it really does work-In my opinion it's better to use the med when acne is just starting to get worse and developing cysts. That way you can minimize scarring. Accutane also didn't make my face as beet red, dry and insanely irritated as topical vitamin A.

Ben, you seem sooooooooooooooooooooo cute! So cute! And way to work a shitload. Good luck with that.

Other than that, I have no productive/helpful comments as of yet. But when I do, I'll let you know. Keep up the rampant cuteness, it looks good on you. It works.

Hey ben, I am a total product whore as well. I have purpose, st ives, loreal, neutrogena, cetaphil, bp gels, tretinion cream, 4 moisturizers etc all in my bathroom. I also dont stick with them for long. I am always hoping maybe if I just change washes..... never works!

I hope you dont mean the background in the picture...they're MINIBLINDS.

Thanks for the props on the avatar. I love that picture too!

ok here's my update:

Friday:

wow i had a day off work!!! wonderful!!

12midnight:

ate cheesecake at a restaurant with some friends

2am:

went home

washed/bp/moisturized

Saturday:

9am:

woke up and took a shower -> washed really gently with some st ives & moisturized

left the house

10am-2pm:

work

then ate lunch: pork & rice (haha yes more pork. i'll try and stop...i just can't help it!...sooo goood)

2pm-6pm:

NOTHING until 6:30pm: Jamba juice: some mango drink that my buddy Zulfiqar gave me.

11:00pm:

went to watch amytiville horror: yes it was scary, yes Ryan Renolds was shirtless for half the movie. cool.gif

1:30am:

went home.

washed face again with st ives, bp, and moisturized

Sunday:

11am:

woke up

wrote a Human Situations paper

allday

washed face twice.

bp and moisturized.

I ate chicken salad for lunch

for dinner I had chicken fried steak w/ mashed potatoes n gravy, salad, and corn bread oh and i can't forget the mac n cheese from Black Eye Peas

slept at 12 midnight.

Monday:

7am:

ate oatmeal<- yum ninja.gif

washed face w/ st ives & moisturized (no bp)

school from 10am-2pm

grabbed a chicken coolwrap from chick fil a

work from 2pm-8pm

went home.

ate homemade speghetti

11pm

washed face w/ st ives again. BP. moistureized. biggrin.gif

and now sleep.

THINGS TO REMEMBER

will stay away from sulfur. <- but it makes my face so dry and wonderful. i'm such a "DRY FACE" fanatic. its wierd to have a soft moisturized face. it jsut feel oily. anyway...

MAKE SURE YOU STICK WITH THE SAME WASH, BP, AND MOISTURIZE...KEEP WITH IT! DONT DETER! AHHHHH.

DRINK MORE WATER. DONT BE A PANSY. U KNOW U SHOULD DRINK MORE. GO NOW. GOOOOOOOO

that is all.

Overwashing will get ya every time. I once didn't wash my face for a whole day and when I did it was softer, smoother and far less oily and irritated. Skin is supposed to produce oil to keep it soft but when you overwash i think the top layer gets very dried out and traps the oil actually leading to more clogged pores and acne than if you just left the oil there.

Also DO NOT USE SODIUM LAURETH/LAUREL SULFATE based cleanserst to wash with. That's listed as a comedogenic ingredient and it's overly drying and irritating. I've always liked neutrogena fragrance free bar soap original formula. 

If all else fails-try a course of accutane-it really does work-In my opinion it's better to use the med when acne is just starting to get worse and developing cysts. That way you can minimize scarring. Accutane also didn't make my face as beet red, dry and insanely irritated as topical vitamin A.

here are pictures of me:

01---The First one is of me last friday. This is a closeup of the horrid crap on my face.

02---Me the next day (saturday) making the ugliest face i possibly could.

03---Me the day before Prom (2003). What great skin i had. *sigh*

04---Me at a VHS or Beta/Robbers on Highstreet/Ambulance Ltd/King of Leon Concert. This was say...a month ago? What ugly hair i had...so girly.  what's up with the teeth too....anyway..i had GREAT SKIN THAT DAY!

05---Me in 2003 again, yes such great skin i had. I was so lucky.

Sooooooo.....this is just like all the other threads on acne.

My History:

I'm already 20.  I'm in college now, getting my degree in accounting. I juggle 4 jobs, and I somehow squeeze time for sleep.

I've had acne since I was 17ish when my SUPER OILY SKIN arrived.  I don't excersise, I dont work out, and I don't eat very healthy either, but i'm slim/average, and not an ounce of fat on me. 

It all started with little acne, VERY LITTLE, and errupted last summer.  Winter is always great, but now its getting hotter, and summer is approahing, along with my horrible cystic acne. So here I am, professing to you the good and bad days of my acne.  I usually fluctuate with my acne, some days i'm CLEAR, some days i'm SHIT FACED.  Not sure why, but hopefully if i document what I do during my day, I can find some sort of pattern.

I do not follow a daily regimend.  Mine changes VERY OFTEN because I'm on a really unbelievably busy schedule and I'm also a product whore and I usually don't stick to one product for more than 2 weeks.  I need to change this and hopefully I will.

The only thing that I keep constant is my health drink which has CURED OILY SKIN and reduced my cystic acne!!

Here is my miracle drink:

Using the Juiceman Juicer...I juice

1 bellpepper

1 cucumber

2 apples

2 carrots

1 celery stick

I believe that the bellpepper is the key, but who knows...it tastes good (to me) and it cured my oily skin and reduced the sizes of my cystic acne.

Hopefully, I'll keep this journal up daily and we'll see what happens.

WOW you are a CUTIE PIE!!! how old are you and what ethnicity are you? it seems u have some sort of asian blood flowing in you!  if u are under 18 do not reply lest i get arrested for robbing the cradle!  your skin is like mine...fluctuates...

right now im at the low...breakout..boooooo

ames  evil.gif

Hey ben, I am a total product whore as well.  I have purpose, st ives, loreal, neutrogena, cetaphil, bp gels, tretinion cream, 4 moisturizers etc all in my bathroom.  I also dont stick with them for long.  I am always hoping maybe if I just change washes..... never works!

bwahaha in those pictures i'm 18+. YEss....LEGAL!

And i'm Vietnamese thanks for asking! 100% Viet!

Anyway, i'm on med-low right now...i'm scared of a breakout. i'm very very scared. i just finished moisturizing and now i'm off to school. w00t

>Ben