Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
72eusm

Mikey's Amnesteem Journal

Night Before: Well tomorrow I start my journey to hopefully clearer skin.

Went to the store today and bought anything and everything that I could possibly need to battle all the side effects so im hoping for a relatively painless trip.

Little about me, im 20yr old/m and Ive been battling acne for awhile. Done all the antibiotics, topicals, ect... and they somewhat worked but they never got my skin clear. Im just hoping that this cleans out my skin so that I can feel as good about my apperence as I do inside.

About my course, Doc is starting me out taking 2 40mg pills a day. Weigh 170 pounds so its probably the max that they can give me, asked him if I should start on a lower dose but he said I would be fine... (I hope he's right)

Well hopefully im as metally tough as I think I am and I get through this alright, support is welcomed......

Night Before: Well tomorrow I start my journey to hopefully clearer skin.

Went to the store today and bought anything and everything that I could possibly need to battle all the side effects so im hoping for a relatively painless trip.

Little about me, im 20yr old/m and Ive been battling acne for awhile. Done all the antibiotics, topicals, ect... and they somewhat worked but they never got my skin clear. Im just hoping that this cleans out my skin so that I can feel as good about my apperence as I do inside.

About my course, Doc is starting me out taking 2 40mg pills a day. Weigh 170 pounds so its probably the max that they can give me, asked him if I should start on a lower dose but he said I would be fine... (I hope he's right)

Well hopefully im as metally tough as I think I am and I get through this alright, support is welcomed......

Day 1: Yea, nothing is going to happen today, but figured that I mine as well post something so that I get in the grove of things..... Took my first pills today, didnt grow an extra arm, or toe or anything like that, felt good to actually take something that is probably going to clear me up pretty good....

yea, probably should have started at a lower dose, but im just going to play it out for a little while, if I feel like its to much all call the derm, and ask for something else. Other than that, its a beautiful day outside and im gonna go out and play some ball or something so ill be back tomorrow to let you know how day 2 went...

Day 2: Don't know if Im responding quickly to the drug or what, but I woke up this morning and every little red mark on my face had a whitehead coming out of it.... I feel that it has to be because of the amnesteem cause my face is usually never like that, it usually takes awhile for each little mark to come to the surface. So, yea my face really does not look to good right now, but hopefully in a couple of months all this will be over and I can have a face that is under control.

Side effects: I've only been on amnesteem for 2 days now, so I dont really have any dryness or anything. The only thing I can say is that I was more thirsty yesterday, and that kind of made it hard to sleep. Well, drinking alot of water and hopefully this current breakout subsides a little before monday....

lol I'm on 80 mg/day since day one too! and I weigh 137

this is the wrong forum for journals btw.

Day 3: Whoops, guess this journal is in the wrong forum, but hopefully it helps someone here.... Well, all I can tell you is whiteheads are coming out at unpresedented rates.... Although, the only good thing that is coming out of this is that they are not cystic.... Face looks like crap, but im just going to keep on truckin' and battle through this stuff....

Side effects: Not that much to report yet, skin is starting to get dry, lips are still pretty normal, but i've already started putting lip balm on them. Drinking alot more water than I used to cause im a little more thirsty. Well, I'll be back tomorrow to update......

Day 4: Ouch, my face has never looked this bad in my entire life, I look like hell, And I really dont know what to do about it. It was bad yesterday, but its really bad today... Wondering if its because of the accutane, or if its because im not using the other stuff that I used to use. I think that its probably because of the accutane though. Well, I have no clue how i'm going to get through the day, and hopefully some of this crap begins to heal.....

Side effects: Face is a little dry, nothing else really to report.....

Day 5: Well, woke up and my face was not as bad as yesterday so that was good to see. Still sucks but I put some 100%aloe on it last night, and it really seemed to calm it down. It is so sunny out here, and there is not a cloud in the sky so sunscreen is going on today cause I got a little burn yesterday. It is only day 5 of a long journey so im just going to "keep on keepin' on" and work to get through this bullshit.

Side Effects: I have been loading on the lip balm since day 1 so my lips are still really moist, skin feels a little dry but not too bad, other than that things are still pretty normal....

Day 6: Face is healing from the first really bad breakout that I had. Chest broke out really bad and I never got acne on my chest, and that is beginning to heal too. I have been using %100aloe on my face at night, really helps to heal it and keep moisture in it throughout the night. I probably will stop it really soon so that it does not interfear with the threatment though. Otherwise, a few breakouts are still coming out, have a few cysts but they seem like they are beginning to turn into a big normal pimple.

Side Effects: Body is a little dry, face is beginning to produce a little less oil(which is not a bad thing), still loading on the lip balm so my lips are still in good shape, other than that everything is fine.

Day 7: Nothing new really is happening, I still have a bunch of pimples that are slowly healing. Got one right above my lip which stinks, but it seems to be drying out and healing quickly. I just cant wait till this time is over and actually have clear skin for awhile, dont even know what im going to do. Well, one week down, a whole lot more to go..........

Side Effects: Nothing really to report. I put in eye drops in every morning so my eyes dont get dry, Im always putting on lip balm, and I put lotion and face moisturizer on so I dont get dry. I really havent even felt any side effects yet other than acne being pushed out from under my skin much more rapidly.

Day 8: Still breaking out, but my pores seem to be shrinking. Skin looks pretty bad right now cause I shaved today. Just hoping that they heal quickly. Lips are still fine, body is a little dry.

Side effects: Scalp is drying up a little, skin is dry, and my face feels a little tight and sore today....

Day 9: Well I must say my face is slowly clearing up. Without all the oil everything is drying up and falling off. Most likely it is just the first cycle of stuff coming to the surface and healing but it does look alot better. For so long I used to wash with tons of cleansers, now I just use cetephil twice a day and thats it.(sooo nice)

I have been taking that probiotic acidophilus for about 20 days now because I took antibiotics so long, and I have heard that your body has a tough time producing good bacterias to naturally help the skin fight bacteria. Figured that it couldnt hurt.

Well, I screwed up yesterday. I went out to the bar last night and told myself I would'nt drink, but I ended up having two drafts. Pissed at myself for doing that but I could'nt help it. Im going to try and not do it again though.

Side effects: Scalp and face are kind of dry, and I know its gross but I guess I should write it, my butt is really itchy for some reason.....

Day 10: Man, without all the oil being produced on my skin, everything is clearing up so fast. I have only been on the medicine for 10 days and I see a huge difference. I still have a couple pimple that are coming up, but they dont get stuck at that red mark under your skin stage really, they just come up, dry up, then leave. My face and body are really dry, but I just put a bunch of lotion on and it is fine. I got small bottles of that nioxin shampoo and conditioner when I first started, and it seems that my scalp is staying reasonably moist. Well, I pretty happy with the results thus far, and will continue to keep this log updated.

Side Effects: I dont really know if its because its the end of the year here at school, but for some reason i'm having a hard time sitting down and focusing on my work. Other than that, body is just somewhat dry, lips are still fine because im already addicted to lip balm and thats really it.

Day 11: Dont feel like writing much today, but my face is getting a little better everyday. Honestly, Ive had acne for so long that when I have a few pimples that are not really that red or big, they dont really bother me too much.

Side effects: Lips are starting to get a little dryer, and im getting tired alot easier for some reason.

Day12: Wow, shaved yesterday and man is my face busted today. I have so much to do today and my face really looks like a train wreack right now. I got a cyst on my forehead which sucks, so it looks like I have a long way to go before I start looking presentable.

Side effects: Lips are starting to sting a little bit, face is really dry and every so often I get a little headache. Eyes are also dry.

Day 13: Holy crapoly, I woke up today and my face was soooooooo dry. I was washing my face and I tried to streach it out and the corner of my lip split. Oh yea, and I got a bloody nose too while I was washing my face. I though that I hit an artery or something cause that sucker was bleeding. I havent gotten a bloody nose since like middleschool so that was strange. Guess thats just a couple of the many things that im going to deal with for a long time. Other than that I feel good, the end of school is coming so Im soooo busy, and I just hope my face clears up alright for the summer.

Side effects: Dry face, lips, body, scalp, eyes, and a bloody nose

Hi,

I am about a week behind you and I haven't started experiencing any dryness yet. What moisturizer are you using? Good luck on your journey:)

Yea, give it time Hanoian you will in about a week or two I bet. I had extremly oily skin before I started... I mean really bad, and now it is really dry in the morning and not two bad once I get going. I use olay total effects as my moisturizer and I really like it, I just might have to start using it at night. Well, I hope you have a nice and painless experience and hope that everything works out for you.....

Day 14: Just finished week two and I am soooo amazed at how fast breakouts come and go. My face looks pretty good right now, have one or two cysts below my skin, they are a pain and can my my face look swollen at times, but at least they usually stay under the surface and dryup without becoming a pimple. After two weeks, I have nothing really that bad to report and the drug seems to be working pretty well. I have been taking the medication with whole milk every day, so hopefully that is helping with the absorbtion. I just want this stuff to work and help me to rid myself of this acne problem..

Side effects: Dry face and lips only thing really to report today....

Thought that I should put down a product list of the things that I am using:

Cetephil- Face wash use it twice a day

Visine- for the dry eyes

Chap stick

Olay Total Effects- For a moisturizer

Nioxin- Shampoo, got this about a 2 and a half weeks ago, and it seems to help battle the dry scalp pretty well, only thing is though it smells kinda wierd.

Dove Soap- just use that in the shower

Day 15: I used to only shave like 2 times a a week, now that im on accutane I shave like every other day, and sometimes everyday. I find that I build up tons of dead skin on my face and causes me to breakout.

I really never had a problem with acne on my chest, but ever since I started accutane everything just came out all at once so bad. It stinks cause I dont like to take off my shirt in front of people anymore. It seems like it is slowly healing, and I just really hope that it is all gone once the weather gets really nice.

Other than that everything is going well. It really seems to be working cause my face is really not producing much oil at all, my skin is getting better, and my lips are spliting in the corners.

Side Effects: Had my second nose bleed, not really that bad. It only happens first thing in the morning when I wash my face, then I just stuff some klenex up there and it goes away in a couple of minutes. My face is really dry but I like it because it is much harder for new acne to form on a dry face as opposed to when my face was really oily.

Day 16: Honestly, for the past 3 days my face has been the best it has been in like 3 years. Only thing that is bad is that I have 1 cyst on my jawline but it has not been to bad. I really only have like 3 small pimples that are on just one side of my face, and my skin just looks 400X better than when I was using retin-a and bp. All the things that I was using before I got on this medication made my skin sting, and look real uneven. Now, being off of those for like 3 weeks, my skin really feels better than ever. I know that it is to early to be saying that my skin is cured and that I wont be getting monster breakouts, but thus far Im happy.

Side effects: Dry face, and lips are really starting to get bad, just split on the other side of my mouth so I think that im going to have to go out and get that aquaphor stuff. Other than that, feeling ok, only thing that really bothers me more than anything is not being able to drink any alcohol. That is the only thing that I hate about this stuff more than anything.

Day 16: My face is really dry. Its nice because no new acne is forming anywhere, but im not really sure if it is good for my skin to not be moisturizing all the time. I really dont like to put moisturizer on at night, so my skin has been really dry when I wake up, but with it being so dry it sure does clear it up nice. I really didnt think that I would see such an improvment in a short period of time, but this stuff has done miracles for my skin.

Side Effects: Eyes are starting to get really dry, I want to find an eye drop that works. If anyone has any suggestions than let me know. Lips are bone dry. I wake up in the middle of the night and have to put on lip balm. Other than that, I feel good.......

do you notice little whitehead around the corners of your mouth?

i have been getting some of these, maybe it is the ingrediants of burts bees lip balm: beesmax, coconut oul sunflower oil,laolin, peppermint oil...

yea eric, I have been getting little pimples on the edges of my lips sometimes, I think it probably has something to do with the lip balm clogging the pores or something. They do not really happen that often, and they dont stick around that long. Im telling you, my face has like no oil production right now, and it clearing up fantastically. I got like 2 new ones on my temple area today but they are small and seem to be going away. Hopefully your course goes well and I wish you the best of luck.

Day 17: My face has no active acne, I havent gotten a real zit in like 5 days. I really have never felt this good about my skin and I really couldnt be happier with accutane. I know that im only on day 17 and its probably going to come back again, but its pretty good right now. I have been taking my medicine with whole milk every single day, and im not sure if that has anything to do with it working so well. Also, I have been shaving every other day and that seems to be helping as well. Hopefully the medicine continues to work cause it just feels so good not to have that much acne.

Side Effects: Really dry face and lips. Really should go out and get some stuff for my lips that helps them out. I think that im going to go get some vasline to put on the inside of my nose cause I heard that it helps with nosebleeds. I have only had two but I just dont want them to become a problem as a progress through this course.