Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest PinkStar

Do you somethimes feel like

Guest PinkStar

Do you ever have one of those shitty days where you feel like you don't belong here,on earth? Like you have no point of being here, you do nothing good or everything you do nerve seems good enough? Lately I have been having a lot of these kinf of days, especially today.

I've just recieived a letter today from the university I really want to go to saying I haven't been accepted. it really gets me down because it's the second time I've applied to this university and it,s the second time I've been rejected. I have good grades and do well at school but this program I want to get into cut a lot of people when it's time for registration and only let like 60 people in since it's the only university in the province (I'm from Canada) who offers it. This program is really what I want to do in life and I've been wanting to do this since I was a little girl but I don,t seem to be good enough and that just puts me down a lot.

I feel like I'm disappointing my parents and everybody around me who believe in me. And most of all I'm disappointing myself. I feel like I'm going nowhere and I don't belong anywhere. Like I have no use here.

God,I just feel like crying and crying and crying.

Aw, I'm sorry about your uni stuff, but don't be too hard on yourself. Even if this doesn't happen for you, something else will, it always does user posted image

What is the programme you're wanting to do?

Do you ever have one of those shitty days where you feel like you don't belong here,on earth? Like you have no point of being here, you do nothing good or everything you do nerve seems good enough? Lately I have been having a lot of these kinf of days, especially today.

I've just recieived a letter today from the university I really want to go to saying I haven't been accepted. it really gets me down because it's the second time I've applied to this university and it,s the second time I've been rejected. I have good grades and do well at school but this program I want to get into cut a lot of people when it's time for registration and only let like 60 people in since it's the only university in the province (I'm from Canada) who offers it. This program is really what I want to do in life and I've been wanting to do this since I was a little girl but I don,t seem to be good enough and that just puts me down a lot.

I feel like I'm disappointing my parents and everybody around me who believe in me. And most of all I'm disappointing myself. I feel like I'm going nowhere and I don't belong anywhere. Like I have no use here.

Guest Zitro

Its ok to cry, it makes you feel better afterwards.

I am very sorry that you could not get accepted in the university. It can really bring people down.

"This program is really what I want to do in life and I've been wanting to do this since I was a little girl but I don,t seem to be good enough and that just puts me down a lot."

I can relate since I wanted to be since a child an astronomer, but the employment is very scarse, and while I'm very good in mathematical reasoning, I'm not very talented in the hard stuff (calculus/physics) ... Rather than risk being unemployed ... I will kill my dream and go to a statistics program.

But its not the end, choose other options, or choose another university that may have the career you seek.

Guest Zitro

as for the topic : I felt I was useless when I got 1110 / 1600 (690 math, 420 english) in the SAT I reasoning test (american test) ... but luckily I pulled myself together, and trained and got the next time 1350/ 1600 ... with 770 in math and 580 in english

Guest Avian

Sometimes I feel like I have no purpose in life. Often I have sworn to myself that I really belonged in a different decade, like the 60s.

Being rejected for uni must get you down, don't think you're not good enough just because you got rejected. Otherwise you will literally become not good enough. Have confidence and faith in yourself, and keep persevering.

i;ve come to the realization that their is no purpose besides having fun, life has no ultimate purpose besides having what fun you can while you can. who cares why does their have to be purpose though, when we are dead will we say what purpose was there to it. no we will just be dead, so just go out and do your thing, forget purpose, cause theirs no point looking for something that cant be found.

Guest OrangeFlower

hey pinkstar

iknow just how you feel girl,

almost the same thing happened to me...

i wanted to transfer badly out of a sucky state university to a private college

so i applied and wasn't accepted.

i wanted it soooooo bad. but i guess i just wasn't good enough and when i found out the news i started crying. sad.gif

now, i've completed college and moved on and i hardly even think about it. i try to remember that there are so many things that we can't control. if you give it your best shot and it still doesn't work out, perhaps it wasn't meant to be

and something better is coming.

i hope you find your reason for living. i dont believe we can have a fulfilling life-without some kind of purpose, without knowing what that purpose is.

i still have those days when i feel i suck at everything, like listening to my teacher when he is trying to teach me access and i keep losing focus evil.gif

but i have to remember like, i dont suck at everything, thats just negative self talk/abuse and it wont get me anywhere and i have to remember that yes, i am good at some things.

when i feel down sometimes i play with my cat, she is soooo cute and funny.

i advise, praying to God to help you out of your blue mood

take care, orangeflower

Guest PinkStar
i try to remember that there are so many things that we can't control. if you give it your best shot and it still doesn't work out, perhaps it wasn't meant to be

and something better is coming.

when i feel down sometimes i play with my cat, she is soooo cute and funny.

i advise, praying to God to help you out of your blue mood

this is an example of me. care free.

I remember what my sociology professor told the class, What is the rush?

why do people hurry to graduate at an early age. Perhaps you weren't meant to be in that program you want to be right now and maybe if you still want it later in life you will acheieve it smile.gif

Guest PinkStar
There's so much pressure put on you though.  You're watching your friends graduate and get jobs, your parents are hounding you to succeed.  You know what's expected of you.  It's really hard not to feel like you're falling behind and letting everybody down.

Guest OrangeFlower

if i was that guys parents i would feel like a disaster, heh

that is truly pitiful

just when you think you have it bad....

There is no reason or purpose for any of us to be here or be good at anything.

To take a quote from "fight club"

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we do not need.

We're the middle children of history, No purpose or place. We have no Great War, we have no Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't."

Unfortunately these days ever thing is about money, looks or success.

To feel that you are not good at anything is subsequently the worst and best moment in your life, kick back grab joint or a bar of chocalate or whatever it may be and enjoy life at it's most simplest. You DO NOT need a $100,000 a year salary, You DO NOT have to feel guilty about letting people down, fuck em we are who we are.

Do what you want to do not what others want you to do...

And don't forget it's good to be the only sheep that doesn't fall of the cliff.

Guest OrangeFlower
There is no reason or purpose for any of us to be here or be good at anything.

rolleyes.gif

we are all born with desires, if we had none we wouldnt' even get out of bed

an insatiable desire for material goods and pretty things is bad but not even related to what the post was about!

haven't you ever been disappointed in yourself?!

We are not born with desires, you are taught to desire.

Feeling hopeless is a direct result of not having material goods... Going to uni to get a piece of paper is a material desire.

The only reason most people feel hopeless, lost, is because they don't have somthing that others have.

No I have not been disappointed in myself, nor should anyone else.

Guest OrangeFlower

i dont agree that desire is taught, i think its a part of being human

a desire to get out of bed and go to work, a desire for something to drink

if you dont desire anything..this is what happens when you have depression,your desires become minimalized and you want as a little as possible

maybe im confusing desire with need but the two are so interwoven and its debatable when one stops and the other begins

this program I want to get into cut a lot of people when it's time for registration and only let like 60 people in since it's the only university in the province (I'm from Canada) who offers it. This program is really what I want to do in life and I've been wanting to do this since I was a little girl but I don,t seem to be good enough and that just puts me down a lot.

Guest OrangeFlower
The point is, you'll feel like that no matter where you are. Unless you happen to be the best person in the world at something