Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment for red marks

The stuff works really well. Dont use it if your on other medications that make your skin thin, it will burn your skin and hurt when you apply and just dry it out.

Here is the time of feedbacks!

I use this Neutrogena Clear Pore Multivitamins cream for 2 weeks, at morning after Erythromycin 4% treatment, as moisturizer. I use BP 2.5% at evening without that Neutrogena product. So I don't know what would append if you use it with BP.

The result is just great!

:D Redmarks have disapeared and my skin is more healthy.

:lol: Moreover, it decrease all skin irritation better than other moisturizer I use, although it moisturize less.

:D It treat light acne well (it contains SA)

:D To complete that, it succeed in restore a white skin tone when my skin was red for 12 year (No moisturizer else did anything good to me about that)

:D BUT: Nothing noticeable about the width of my pores.

=D> My conclusion : If you can bear SA with your current treatment, just use it! And tell us if it works for you!

Hey gloput, thanks for sharing your experience with this product.

I'm glad it's working for you. If the Vinegar Method doesn't work for me this summer, this Neutrogena stuff will be my last resort.

hi gloput,

you are using a different product to what dan has mentioned.

Are you using Neutrogena Clear Pore Vitamin Moistureizer? Dan is talking about Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment.

Can you please confirm the exact name of the product you are using.

Thanks

My problem: pimples and red spots and some bluish black spots

Anyone has any idea where can i get it in SINGAPORE?

The only Neutrogena Medication i can find here is On-The-Spot Acne Treatment (2.5 benzoyl peroxide).

I've been using it for 3 days...will update you guys with its effect.

But seriously, i think the multi vitamin one will suit me more...just wondering where can i get it..

Londoner, i'm from Liverpool and i've condemmed myself to the fact that over here you can only get the Multi-Vitamin Moisturiser. Although, if you read the label, it does the same thing as the "Multi-vitamin acne treatment". I'd consider this one to be better though as you wont have to use moisturiser with it. I'm gonna start trying it so will inform you of the results.

Hi all,

Gloput you are using the same as the UK available product.

Gloput can you update us on your progress?

Christina - I have just purchased the moistureiser version as I cant find the acne one which is found in the US. Hopefully it will be just as effective.

Let us know how you get on and I will do likewise.

Cheers.

Many people have asked this question but no one has answered....is it safe to take with prescription medications specifically accutane? Because I know there are a lot of people like me who are on accutane and their acne is mostly gone but there are TONS of redmarks.

Gloput can you update us on your progress?

No problem, I'll update that every weeks.

is it safe to take with prescription medications specifically accutane?

I don't know for sure but I think it's safe. SA is very close of Aspirin (Acetylsalycilic acid), and aspirin is safe with Accutane, as far as I know that. But I advice to ask it to a derm, cause anti-inflammatory like cyclins MUST NOT BE USED WITH ACCUTAN, and SA is a kind of anti-inflammatory too. :-k

I am using NEUTROGENA'S Multi Vitamin Acne Treatment & SkinClearing Moisturizer. I have major red marks I need to get rid of! Will this stuff do the trick? Or am I better off using something else? I have 2 pimples right now also (but not too worried about them). PLEASE people I need your advice!

I don't think it'll make a difference whether you subsitute it at night or in the morning...

However, the logic does tell you to use it in the morning since Salicylic Acid is less harsh on the skin than BP, which will reduce chances of flaking throughout the day (while eating, simling, drinking..)

Update and additions :

After 3 weeks of use my positives points are the same :

:D No more redmarks

:D It treat light acne well (it contains SA and AHA)

:D My skin keeps feeling more and more healthy : better tone, softer, more flatness, and my oiliness is now totaly under control

BUT:

:D Noting noticeable about brownmarks

:) Nothing noticeable about the width of my pores

:) High photosensitivity, although I don't use BP at morning! Be carreful! I had having sunbath less than 1 hour of application, and then I had experienced redness while 4-5 days. But I didn't use any sunblock... It could have helped...

;) Skin is not good looking while 1 hour after application (soft redness, flat small zits are red...)

Important addition : I use Normaderm cleanser at morning, that contains SA and AHA too. Don't know how much it affects those parameters.

Has anybody tried using this in the morning (substituting BP) and regular bp at night????

It could be a killer combo!

As I said in topic http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=6530 , SA is not a good acne killer, it works only if you have light acne... So if you have real pimples (White or/and black heads) it virtualy won't reduce acne enough to have an "acne free" face.

If your acne isn't severe and you wan't to reduce BP skin irriation, you can try to reduce the dosage of BP or to try local Erythromycin (no much side effects, but less efficient).

Personaly, I use SA/AHA/Erythromicyn/BP combo, and it realy performs good work.

To sum up : SA is less less less efficient than BP, it won't reduce your pimples a lot, but it will reduce your "flat acne" and improve skin appearence (oiliness, tone...)

i know this is a stupid question to all of you but i really dont understand when someone says their pores arent smaller, what are pores? how do they look like? im new to acne you see 8-[

Alright, I just bought it.... I'm going to try it on tonight instead of the BP.

Then tomorrow I'll just add regular BP - This is the only way I see my red marks reduce & hope that BP is strong enough in the morning to not get any new pimples..

I've had good results w/ Clearasil's Dual Moisturizer which is 2.0 % SA & regular moisturizer, I use this on my forehead & have never seen a pimple there since.

This stuff is 1.5% SA & I'll use it on my chin just like Dan to see if I get rid of those damn red spots - I'm pimple free but the spots don't help :D

Wish me GOOD LUCK! :)

i've been using this for a couple weeks.

i don't know what to say. SA always gives me fucking white heads, so i'll likely cease use.

i was 100% clear when the only topical i used was the b5 gel from acnemiracle. i started this and all of a sudden i have white heads. bleh.

I guess it has adverse effects with some people.. For me it has worked wonders (SA).... However, it could also be a coincidence about the white heads.. Who knows, genes & hormones are a f-cking mess & you never know!

Good Luck Dr Miracle. Please give us some feedbacks!

i know this is a stupid question to all of you but i really dont understand when someone says their pores arent smaller, what are pores? how do they look like? im new to acne you see