Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment for red marks

One of my "before and after" people wrote me an e-mail exclaiming the virtues of this product for getting rid of her red marks. I thought I'd pass it on.

The product contains salicylic acid, so I would not normally recommend anyone use it, but since it's working so well for her, I thought I'd at least post about it. Perhaps we can get a concensus going here on whether or not it works, and whether it is overly irritating with the bp.

Do NOT use this at the onset of the regimen. This is only for people who are completely clear and just trying to deal with red marks left behind.

-Dan

i don't use the regime

but i've been using neutrogena multi vitamin treatment in the morning

and skin clearing moisturizer at night

they work wonderfully, fades red marks + brown marks

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks, since then it really does seem to be helping in clearing up the red marks, and as was said in a previous post, my skin complexion has definetly improved. They recommend to see the best results after 2 months so I'll stick with it. Btw, I've been using it morning and night, after using it though it seems to leave a shiny effect on the face which does look a bit strange. I still give the product a thumbs up though!

Yeah scary, you can always put a moisturiser over the top i guess.

Just to add to my previous post, I looked at my skin this morning and there are SIGNIFICANT improvements in areas where i had red marks on my cheeks. The red marks have faded dramatically. Previously I had these red marks for about 6 or so months and they were hardly fading. I am very happy with this product!

do you think this product would irritate my skin since i am on accutane? i have more red marks than actual pimples.. and they arent fading.. life is hard with acne

Sounds reaaally interesting. I'd actually like to know if anybody in Canada (or Quebec, more specifically) knows what store to find it at. Also, the ingredients on the page says it has Salycic Acid (sic). Is it safe to use with the regimen?

Thanks,

Rive

Rive: I am sure the product should be safe, because salycic acid does work on acnes too. But as Dan metioned the only problem is if you use both together at the same time, you might have a great chance of over irriate your skin which will breakout more. So I guess you just dont want to use them both at the same time, and that will be fine. :-

BTW, I want to know:

Does this product really clears all the red marks?

I mean totally fade away!?

If so how long did it take? Weeks, months, years?

Dan--Can you please list exactly how your 'before and after person' incorporates this neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment into their regimen? (Before, After, or In Place of BP? With or without moisturizer? Once or twice per day? Light or heavy application amount of this SalAcid treatment? Has the person removed any steps from the normal twice per day Mild Cleansing/BP/Moisturizer ("Dan's regimen") in place of this SalAcid treatment?)

I realize you aren't recommending this yet, but I would like to read the person's exact present regimen that also includes this SalAcid treatment.

Thanks in advance for all of the details.

Dan, any feedback on my earlier question?

Or, can any one else comment on if and how they use this Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Treatment (with Salicylic Acid) in conjunction with a Benzoyl Peroxide regimen? BP morning and this SalAcid at night? Or together, or only alone or what?

What an interisting topic! I wish somebody answered that Pat07 question : "how [to] use this Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Treatment (...) in conjunction with a Benzoyl Peroxide regimen?"

Do you use the moisturizer or the lotion?

In her e-mail to me from Europe, where she's travelling around, she states, "Instead of moisturizing twice a day, I now moisturize once and use this once." So it sounds like she is using this with bp. I will write her to confirm and let you know what she says.

-Dan

Seems like Salicylic Acid on top of Benzoyl Peroxide would be a bit too much for some of the more sensitive patrons.

I have a feeling this is going to be the next "Vitamin K" cure-all :D

She sent an e-mail this morning:

"Hey Dan,

Yes, the Neutrogena treatment is working really well. Basically, I do the

regimin as usual, only I used to moisturize twice, once in the morning and

once at night. Now, at night I use Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne

[something... I don't have the bottle in front of me] before I moisturize.

According to the back of the bottle it helps clear up "red marks from past

breakouts," and it really does seem to be making the red marks fade faster. On the other hand, they could be fading over time and it's a coincidence that I started the Neutrogena now, but I think it is doing something."