Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antony

I'd Give It Up For A Miracle, Miracle Drug

antony:

yo, kid...what's up? glad to hear that you are doing well. i am still chugging along....i was just raised to the crazy dose of 120mg/day. we'll see..

just wanted to say hi.

"hi"

:lexi

hi lexi girl, hope you're doing well. sheesh 120mg/day, I hope that isn't more than double your weight, as we both know that 2mg/kg is the highest any derm can push it even though Roche itself advises 1.5mg/kg max. So I hope your derm knows what s/he is doing. But I'm sure you'll be alright, and you're skin is going to be SORTED! You checked with an endocrinologist yet-- moderate+ acne in females 25+ is usually best resolved with hormonal treatment as it's often simply a result of androgen imbalance. Any thoughts?

Hey we are on the same dosage plan. I'm on 40 mg (week three) and will be upped to 60 mg on my second month to the end (six month total for me). Congrats on the your success. So it doesn't seem like you got an intial. my skin seems to have improved but I'm still dreading a possible eruption.

Hey Atoney

The worst mistake a made was using pentoloum jelly, vasiline lip care, it clogged my pores, it felt nasty and it gave me shiny lips, and you look like a girl applying it.

Basicly get a lip balm, i use the nivea one, the blue ensitonsal one.. contains Provitamin B5, protective Vitamin E and Jojoba.

Hope this helps.

6 WEEKS

60mg/day

skin clearing, 1 noticeable pimple remaining by left eyebrow

7 WEEKS

60mg/day

at face value skin is totally clear

face flushed somewhat red; skin dry; lips dry; dry cracked right corner of lips-- seems like a cold sore but is not, no worse than previously described; very mild low-level persistent fatigue; things generally OK

8 WEEKS

60mg/day

One pimple on my shoulder and one on my neck. Other than that all clear. Lips dry but less dry than before.

Good to hears its going well, i hope to get on accutane soon! get rid of this god damn acne

im willing to have dry lips for clear skin anyday!

Yeah the dry lips are really a small price to pay for how well its clearing my skin anyway. Also Antony, did you try using Aquaphor? This seems like it keeps my lips from being dry longer than anything else that ive used. Annoyingly I dont think anything will stop your lips from drying up for that long. I had to use the bathroom between a few classes at school to put some aquaphor on (not anymore though, today was my last school day).

elizabeth arden 18hour stuff is good for me overnight and in the morning, then burt's bees through the day. both available in the UK so i imagine in Dublin too.

once people get their perfect skin i doubt they cruise around acne messageboards, they're out enjoying themselves eusa_dance.gif

Hehe, that is true. But Antony is a little more dedicated, my guess is he's out shooting a movie with his new skin wink.gif

God, I need to get insurance so I can afford Accutane. I'm sick of fighting.