Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacroMike

Dont worry about chocolate or bananas

I didnt have a single banana for an entire month, i also started the bp gel regimen at the same time. No bananas made no difference. The past 3 days, i went to the store, and bananas were on sale, ive been eating at least 2 bananas for the past 3 days. No significant change yet. Same goes for chocolate. I laid of chocolate for about 3 weeks, i finally decided to pig the hell out on chocolate raisins(i love them) i bought 2, 1lb bags and have been eating them for about a week now, nada. So, before yall kill yourselves on some absurd diets, just take this into consideration. BTW, i also drink alot of water regardless. Someone give me another myth to try out.Thanks.

I didnt have a single banana for an entire month, i also started the bp gel regimen at the same time. No bananas made no difference. The past 3 days, i went to the store, and bananas were on sale, ive been eating at least 2 bananas for the past 3 days. No significant change yet. Same goes for chocolate. I laid of chocolate for about 3 weeks, i finally decided to pig the hell out on chocolate raisins(i love them) i bought 2, 1lb bags and have been eating them for about a week now, nada. So, before yall kill yourselves on some absurd diets, just take this into consideration. BTW, i also drink alot of water regardless. Someone give me another myth to try out.Thanks.

Im one of those that thinks acne doesnt have shit to do with acne. I gave up drinking milk for about and week and half now because it's theo nly thing worth changing in my diet when I eat already insanely healthy regardless (I eat peanut butter everyday so I can get some EFAs but Ive heard people says it breaks you out but Ive eaten it since as a kid and it's the natural kind) and I heard milk breaks you out so I quit and what do I get today 2 nice little new zits, wooo.

I just think diet has NOTHING to do with acne

Why do you want to put diet restrictions on yourself if you think they're myths?  Why would you even test out a "myth."  Why bother?  It doesn't really  matter to us what you think you're "proving,"  the rest of us that are clear because of diet will just keep on doing what  we're doing and reading your posts with amusement and pity.

pimples take sometimes weeks to come out.everyone is different alot of ppl have seen great improvment with changing  their diets,and some have not.

There are different causes of acne. Wheat doesn't cause acne in everyone, but it DEFINITELY does in some people. In my opinion the same is true of others substances as well. I only can speak from my own experience, but high fat processed foods definitely break me out. Dairy I THINK does, but I can't say for sure.

I havnt ate chocolate in a few months i dont know if it has helped or not but i havnt broken out nearly as much as i use to.

cjb-im doing this to try it out for myself, and post considerable results for people that are thinking of adapting to a knew diet.

i never eat white bread. The last time i even saw it was like at a friends house over a year ago. I hardly eat wheat bread either. probably like 2-3x a month. I dont drink white milk. My dad couldnt drink cows milk, so i just learned to love soy milk. cjb-im doing this to try it out for myself, and post considerable results for people that are thinking of adapting to a knew diet.

I have always wanted to ask what Sweet Jade might consider a really good diet for a day. I mean, if you were to design an acne diet based on your experience what would it be?

And then, once the acne sufferer was doing better, what would you have them add back - say one food at a time - and how long would you ask them to observe their skin with just that one new item added before they could safely say that that food was a contributor or not - I mean how long after adding this new thing without breaking out could they safely move on to the next item on the list.

Am I making sense here? wacko.gifwacko.gif

Chocolate is generally ok for me but ONLY if it's dark chocolate.

There's too much milk in normal chocolate.

I stopped eating bananas a while back, I may try one when my acne goes again to see if I was right about them.

Anyway, saying that bananas are definitely OK isn't very clever. OK, so it may be ok for you to eat. But it may aggrivate acne in others, as the digestive system, and everything else, of other people obviously differs from yours.