Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dallasguy75

This scar is driving me nuts!!!

Well....that wasnt very nice.

I have worse scars than most people on this board, however I can understand how your one scar bothers you, dallasguy75...

I had 3 excisions...2 opened up, the scars dont look any better, one looks like a linear scar and it is much improved. The outcome of the excision depends on the skill of your PS...and of course, how you heal...remember, you are replacing a scar with another scar, with excision.

Personally, if that is the only scar on your face, I would go for the collagen injection, ...less downtime and no worry about further scarring...the only disadvantage to collagen ...it is not permanent. But, you can try it and see how it works out for you, then move on to a filler that is permanent, if you chose...just a thought.

Good Luck to you.

ok nodoubt, i have a few questions for you. How long or thick was the line scar compared to the original scar? How did the tissue around the scar turn out after the precedure (was it uneven/discolored)? How bad did the stitching look afterwards (like could you still go out and stuff)? How long did it take for the scars to recover? Finally...lol... you said that you had 3 done but only one of them improved alot, what went wrong with the others?

ok nodoubt, i have a few questions for you. How long or thick was the line scar compared to the original scar? How did the tissue around the scar turn out after the precedure (was it uneven/discolored)? How bad did the stitching look afterwards (like could you still go out and stuff)? How long did it take for the scars to recover? Finally...lol... you said that you had 3 done but only one of them improved alot, what went wrong with the others?

ok nodoubt, i have a few questions for you. How long or thick was the line scar compared to the original scar?

The linear scar is a about 2mm longer than the original scar, keep in mind..the original scar has to be cut out a bit larger all around, to get all the scar tissue out of the way.

How did the tissue around the scar turn out after the precedure (was it uneven/discolored)? my good incision looked like a raised red line or "cut" after the procedure..it took about a month to flatten down a bit, it has been aboout 5 months now and it looks like a flesh colored line..with a slight dent....remember, you are replacing a scar with a scar...sometimes, you never know what you will end up with.

How bad did the stitching look afterwards (like could you still go out and stuff)?

The stitches for me stayed in for 4 days, they are black and looked bad.  I stayed in, it didnt look too good. ...You may have to keep your stitches in longer, you PS will know what is best. IMO 4 days is not long enough...that is why my other excisions opened up, I am afraid.

Plus, after the stitches come out..they will leave little "track lines", they take a few weeks to go away. 

BTW..each of my excisions were a little less than 1/2" long..my PS only used one stitch because I scar so easily....he really should have used at least 3 stitches and maybe they would have healed together and not opened...I had an overpriced, yet, crappy PS.

How long did it take for the scars to recover?

In my case...about 2 months, the incision that stayed closed was looking fairly descent...

Finally...lol... you said that you had 3 done but only one of them improved alot, what went wrong with the others?

Like i said, I needed more than one stitch, and I dont think my stitches were in long enough...when the stitches came out...the incision split open and looked like a wider scar than I had originally...I will have to have them re-excised..IMO sometimes if your skin is really oily the inscision will not stay together and heal properly...If you have a skilled PS, your outcome should be much better than mine...but, my experience has been..who is to know, until it too late?

IMO... I would go with the filler...you will see instant results and its not as invasive... but, that is up to you.  Good Luck with your choice.. smile.gif