Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jacob345

my story & the regimen

MY story. Ok I have to say that i dont suffer from massive acne problems but I am extremely self concious in the last two years I had reguarly had 1 or 2 pimples on my face and when the cleared up and 1 or two would come back it would always seem worst then ever even if it wasnt. But thats the way i am , I am now 16 going on 17 and at the beggining of this year i went to bali and it must have been to do with the humidity but my skin was absolutly perfect for that week i looked in the mirror and touched myself haha almost, well i would have if i was gay. But it seemed almost immediatly after i left bali and returned to school that is when the pimples became out of control i got about 10 or so pimples below the mouth and it seems like hundreds of tiny dots i can feel going across my jawline. I also got some pimples abover my top lip too, It was horrible because i had almost over night gone from no pimples to a face full of them When i returned to school i avoided my friends i didnt want to aproach them until my face cleared up just because i thought i was hideous to my surprise my best friend got alot of pimples which didnt look too bad but i could tell they were worst then mine which is weird at our age but i always beleive my pimples are the worst. I started missing days from school hoping the pimples would miraculously GO. Being my last year high missing days from school was a big deal and i had to go back to school soon. Hoping my pimples would go away i began picking at them this would make me get pimples everywhere around where i picked. I got like 3 or 4 cystic pimples which when i squeezed white liquid came out and spurts of blood it would take me like 1.5 hours to stop the blood comming out with a tissue. By this time I had stopped looking in the mirror because everytime i did i was ashamed and would scrub at my face so hard it hurted i thought that this would help. The doctor prescribed my with a topical cream called Differen, I felt like this did nothing and i was on anti biotics i thought that this was helping but was very fearful of me becoming immune as i needed it to KEEP ON. anyway i ran out of products and my skin got so much worst The tiny pimples along the side of my jaw were becomming bigger and noticable to touch as i still dont look in the mirror i started using a non prescribed brand which was clearisel on the spot cream this helped considerably i felt as it dried out my pimple and killed all the puss I must stress my skin according to the doctors was only "mild-moderate" but my doctor said he would reccomend me to a derm and maybe will be prescribed with some accutane he said with my skin it should be gone in 3-2 and maybe as soon as a week. I went home very excited my mum callled the derm and i found out that my appointment was not untill june 15 which was 2 and a half months after the doctors appointment sad.gif i felt as if my skin was only going to be getting worst and by then it will be out of control.

My skin did breakout worst by now i hadn't looked in the mirror for about 3 weeks like when i say havent looked in the mirror i mean making sure I dont catch my reflection on a spoon a window on the train and definetly not something as revealing as a mirror TO MY JOY our ball was on a week later or the U.S might say prom night Amazingly enough as if it was an act of god my skin almost completely cleared up then and my mum dabbed a small amount of foundation on my skin and i had perfect photos the morning i woke up after the ball very hung over may i add i had huge pimples forming under my skin and all the ones that went came back it was as if the whole thing was a sick JOKE but i was lucky my important night i had clear skin. But from then on my pimples were out of control i had comments from people that I had never had befor infact i may have even said something like what was said to me to other people i had a person say "pimple farm" to me . It is now the hollidays and i just read the regimen and it has got the highest rating of all products so im giving it a wizz i had used it for 2 nights and my mum said give me a look at your face now and i said yeah i know it looks bad doesnt it and she said NO and i said what and she said it looks 75% better then 3 nights ago i was quiet surprised to hear that I am thinking that i will almost be ready to look in the mirror again my main fear is scars from where i had picked my pimples do you think this is likely to occur Im assuming that everyone who has pimples went through a stage where picking the pimples was thought to be the way to clear your skin Do you think that they will scar??? or is that only for people with severe ACNE because the more i read the more scared i get like If you pick your pimples you will get scars etc... I really hope this isnt the case Dan the maker of this sight his skin is absolutley perfect im curiouse if he ever picked his pimples im starting to think it was a stupid thing to do. Oh well please reply Thank you for reading

MY story. Ok I have to say that i dont suffer from massive acne problems but I am extremely self concious in the last two years I had reguarly had 1 or 2 pimples on my face and when the cleared up and 1 or two would come back it would always seem worst then ever even if it wasnt. But thats the way i am , I am now 16 going on 17 and at the beggining of this year i went to bali and it must have been to do with the humidity but my skin was  absolutly perfect for that week i looked in the mirror and touched myself haha almost, well i would have if i was gay. But it seemed almost immediatly after i left bali and returned to school that is when the pimples became out of control i got about 10 or so pimples below the mouth and it seems like hundreds of tiny dots i can feel going across my jawline.  I also got some pimples abover my top lip too, It was horrible because i had almost over night gone from no pimples to a face full of them When i returned to school i avoided my friends i didnt want to aproach them until my face cleared up  just because i thought i was hideous to my surprise my best friend got alot of pimples which didnt look too bad but i could tell they were worst then mine which is weird at our age but i always beleive my pimples are the worst. I started missing days from school hoping the pimples would miraculously GO. Being my last year high missing days from school was a big deal and i had to go back to school soon. Hoping my pimples would go away i began picking at them this would make me get pimples everywhere around where i picked. I got like 3 or 4 cystic pimples which when i squeezed white liquid came out and spurts of blood it would take me like 1.5 hours to stop the blood comming out with a tissue. By this time I had stopped looking in the mirror because everytime i did i was ashamed and would scrub at my face so hard it hurted i thought that this would help. The doctor prescribed my with a topical cream called Differen, I felt like this did nothing and i was on  anti biotics i thought that this was helping but was very fearful of me becoming immune as i needed it to KEEP ON. anyway i ran out of products and my skin got so much worst The tiny pimples along the side of my jaw were becomming bigger and noticable to touch as i still dont look in the mirror i started using a non prescribed brand which was clearisel on the spot cream this helped considerably i felt  as it dried out my pimple and killed all the puss I must stress my skin according to the doctors was only "mild-moderate" but my doctor said he would reccomend me to a derm and maybe will be prescribed with some accutane he said with my skin it should be gone in 3-2 and maybe as soon as a week. I went home very excited my mum callled the derm and i found out that my appointment was not untill june 15 which was 2 and a half months after the doctors appointment sad.gif i felt as if my skin was only going to be getting worst and by then it will be out of control.

My skin did breakout worst by now i hadn't looked in the mirror for about 3 weeks like when i say havent looked in the mirror i mean making sure I dont catch my reflection on a spoon a window on the train and definetly not something as revealing as a mirror TO MY JOY our ball was on a week later or the U.S might say prom night Amazingly enough as if it was an act of god my skin almost completely cleared up then and my mum dabbed a small amount of foundation on my skin and i had perfect photos the morning i woke up after the ball very hung over may i add i had huge pimples forming under my skin and all the ones that went came back it was as if the whole thing was a sick JOKE but i was lucky my important night i had clear skin. But from then on my pimples were out of control i had comments from people that I had never had befor infact i may have even said something like what was said to me to other people i had a person say "pimple farm" to me . It is now the hollidays and i just read the regimen and it has got the highest rating of all products so im giving it a wizz i had used it for 2 nights and my mum said give me a look at your face now and i said yeah i know it looks bad doesnt it and she said NO and i said what and she said it looks 75% better then 3 nights ago i was quiet surprised to hear that I am thinking that i will almost be ready to look in the mirror again my main fear is scars from where i had picked my pimples do you think this is likely to occur Im assuming that everyone who has pimples went through a stage where picking the pimples was thought to be the way to clear your skin Do you think that they will scar??? or is that only for people with severe ACNE because the more i read the more scared i get like If you pick your pimples you will get scars etc... I really hope this isnt the case Dan the maker of this sight his skin is absolutley perfect im curiouse if he ever picked his pimples im starting to think it was a stupid thing to do. Oh well please reply Thank you for reading

Let me be the first to welcome you to acne.org Jacob. It sounds like your case of acne isn't too serious since you cleared up almost completely for one night. It's nice to hear that you have a mother that cares about your acne condition so much, there are many of us that aren't as fortunate. There are many people that have good results with the regimen, I encourage you to keep it up. Every individual is different when it comes to scarring. I used to pick and pop my zits and I didn't get a single scar, other people scar easier. Cystic acne is more likely to leave a scar than papules. Good luck with the regimen, keep us updated on your condition.

I can completely relate to your story, Jacob. When my skin was at it's worst, I avoided mirrors, being photographed, and (because I'm a girl), I just slathered my face with make-up. I actually became superstitious and thought that if I even THOUGHT my skin looked better, that it would cause me to break out again. It does seem like a sick joke sometimes (like when I broke out on my wedding day!).

I'm so glad that you've found something that works for you. I have had great success with the Regimen (with a few tweaks, to work for my individual skin needs). Good luck, and I hope your progress continues! Keep us updated!

hey Jalina - I'm curious. What were the tweaks you mentioned on the regimen? Are youi only applying once a night, etc? How bad was your acne before and how long did it take you to get clear? Sorry for all the questions. If anyone has had success on the regimen, please let me know. My skin looks cracked if you look at it reeeally close in the mirror and i'm getting nodules on my chin.. so i feel close to quitting. sad.gif Any encouragement would be appreciated.

Miriam

MY story. Ok I have to say that i dont suffer from massive acne problems but I am extremely self concious in the last two years I had reguarly had 1 or 2 pimples on my face and when the cleared up and 1 or two would come back it would always seem worst then ever even if it wasnt. But thats the way i am , I am now 16 going on 17 and at the beggining of this year i went to bali and it must have been to do with the humidity but my skin was  absolutly perfect for that week i looked in the mirror and touched myself haha almost, well i would have if i was gay. But it seemed almost immediatly after i left bali and returned to school that is when the pimples became out of control i got about 10 or so pimples below the mouth and it seems like hundreds of tiny dots i can feel going across my jawline.  I also got some pimples abover my top lip too, It was horrible because i had almost over night gone from no pimples to a face full of them When i returned to school i avoided my friends i didnt want to aproach them until my face cleared up  just because i thought i was hideous to my surprise my best friend got alot of pimples which didnt look too bad but i could tell they were worst then mine which is weird at our age but i always beleive my pimples are the worst. I started missing days from school hoping the pimples would miraculously GO. Being my last year high missing days from school was a big deal and i had to go back to school soon. Hoping my pimples would go away i began picking at them this would make me get pimples everywhere around where i picked. I got like 3 or 4 cystic pimples which when i squeezed white liquid came out and spurts of blood it would take me like 1.5 hours to stop the blood comming out with a tissue. By this time I had stopped looking in the mirror because everytime i did i was ashamed and would scrub at my face so hard it hurted i thought that this would help. The doctor prescribed my with a topical cream called Differen, I felt like this did nothing and i was on  anti biotics i thought that this was helping but was very fearful of me becoming immune as i needed it to KEEP ON. anyway i ran out of products and my skin got so much worst The tiny pimples along the side of my jaw were becomming bigger and noticable to touch as i still dont look in the mirror i started using a non prescribed brand which was clearisel on the spot cream this helped considerably i felt  as it dried out my pimple and killed all the puss I must stress my skin according to the doctors was only "mild-moderate" but my doctor said he would reccomend me to a derm and maybe will be prescribed with some accutane he said with my skin it should be gone in 3-2 and maybe as soon as a week. I went home very excited my mum callled the derm and i found out that my appointment was not untill june 15 which was 2 and a half months after the doctors appointment sad.gif i felt as if my skin was only going to be getting worst and by then it will be out of control.

Ok, first of all, Hooked on Phonics man

Second, it's good to hear your skin is improving. I know how it feels, you really do feel like a new person! Keep the regimen up and remember to follow it exactly; you'll be clear in no time. In fact it only took me like 2 weeks to become almost 100% clear.

Best of luck!

hey Jalina - I'm curious. What were the tweaks you mentioned on the regimen?  Are youi only applying once a night, etc?  How bad was your acne before and how long did it take you to get clear?  Sorry for all the questions. If anyone has had success on the regimen, please let me know. My skin looks cracked if you look at it reeeally close in the mirror and i'm getting nodules on my chin.. so i feel close to quitting.  sad.gif Any encouragement would be appreciated.

Miriam

Hi, Miriam. Sure, I'd love to share some info on how I made the Regimen work for me! First of all I'll say that I think the Regimen is right on the money, as far as the principles behind it. I completely believe now that irritation causes my breakouts (along with hormones, but that's another story).

As far as the kind of acne I had before, at times it was moderate (like during my pregnancy) but for the most part I'd say it was mild (a few new breakouts every morning). They were always whiteheads, and some rare cysts (usually on my cheek and chin). It was also dry, pale, very sensitive, and prone to broken blood vessels and scarring. Using the Regimen, my skin cleared up, but experienced really minor breakouts until about 7 weeks in.

Through trial and error (and help from this board and some of the nice people on it) I have modified the Regimen so I can live with it. Even 3 1/2 months in, I had redness, irritation and major flaking. Now, I still have a little bit of dry skin to take care of, but that has consistently been a problem for me anyway. The things that have worked for me have been: to apply bp only once a day (Dan's bp), at night, using a very small amount (slightly more than pea-sized on my trouble areas, instead of the finger-full or more recommended; I don't wait the 5-15 mins between my applications, my skin can't wait that long for moisturizer, I just wait until my skin is dry to the touch; I now use Spectro Derm instead of Cetaphil, and have noticed even more lessening of my redness; stopped using any kind of manual exfoliation; stopped wearing much make-up, and (this isn't practical for most) what occasional foundation I do use, I apply it lightly with an airbrush; use moisturizer day and night: Eucerin w/ 5% Urea in the evening, and Eucerin Daily Renewal during the morning. I also dropped the amount of the Eucerin Renewal that I use on my more sensitive areas and have seen an even further drop in the amount of redness I have.

I know that it is the bp that is keeping me clear, because even when my skin was highly irritated, while using the Regimen, I would get flat red spots or tiny bumps without whiteheads (which I apply a small mountain of bp on, and generally see them disappear overnight). I have never had a pimple that didn't turn into a whitehead, so this is a major event for me.

I'm sure this stuff wouldn't work for everyone, I think it really depends on your skintype and how much irritation your skin can handle. Perhaps your problems will disappear with time, and continued concentration on perfecting the steps Dan has recommended (gentle washing, gentle application...). Some irritation and flaking in the beginning is quite normal. I personally think you should stick with it, and then when you've given it some time, consider areas that you can experiment with. Use lots of moisturizer if you're cracking and flaking, take it with you during your day to reapply. I don't know what others might say about this, but I think you should try to find a moisturizer that contains Urea, if you can. That helped me so much. Maybe drop the number of times you use bp to once a day, until your skin gets used to it. You may want to take a day off to let my skin recuperate. I try not to rub things in too much (even gently), in other words I try to keep my hands off my face as much as possible, letting things absorb on their own to some degree. I think that the key is to avoid irritation, through avoiding irritating products and rough treatment, and using as much bp as you need to keep you clear.

Hope this helps, Miriam! Oh sh!t, sorry it's so long-winded! Ask me a question, and look what you get! lol.gif Feel free to write me directly if you have any more questions!