Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'll try to be brief. I had some really bad acne as a teenager and eventually had to be put on acutane which quite literally saved my life. Most of my acne cleared up. Today, after being off acutane for 4 years or so, I generally get mild acne on my face(a few minor pimples a day), and my chest and back are a little worse depending on my diet.

Anyway, I couldn't find a clear answer to my problem. I have this red "mark" on the side of my face that just will not go away. And it doesn't seem like a red mark as I've been reading on this message board. It's about an inch across and wide, it's soft, and it's not very sensitive to pain. When I poke it I hardly feel a thing. Also, underneath it is a very small red pimple like thing that DOES hurt. It's not a pimple.

Well, after many, many months of waiting and hoping for these things to go away, I decided to take a needle to them. It didn't hurt at all and just a very minor touch opened it up and boy did both of them bleed and bleed. After that it looked and felt much, much better...except they didn't go away! After a few more weeks of waiting I took a needle to them again and both bled profusely. I take it this isn't what you people define as a red mark..

I should also make note that I've had one of these "pimples" that are filled with blood before. When I was on accutane a bigger one formed just under my right eye on my cheek. It was about 2 inches wide and an inch tall. With this one I could push my finger on it and actually could feel the blood rush around. I took a needle to that one too and I've never seen more blood in my life. But it never, ever came back, and it didn't leave a scar.

Thanks to anyone who hears me out.