Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

What does aloe vera do for active acne?

The way it think is that teh aloe vera in a way moistens teh active pimples preventing them from dieing....

Am i correct? or does aloe vera actually help?

Posted

Aloe vera is a natural healer for things such as minor cuts to the things so I think aloe vera would help active acne to a degree. As for drying the skin, keeping your skin "dry" is not helpful for acne, moisturizing is very important.

Posted

I've tried this aloe vera thing on my red marks for a day and so far so good. I had once active spot that seems to be healing pretty fast. I can't imagine it would hurt it any.

Posted

aloe vera is SUPPOSE to be good for active acne

Posted

So does it actually help with red marks?

Posted

I've been using Aloe Vera in place of BP for 2 days now and so far so good. It helps dry up my active pimples without causing my skin to flake or leaving behind any residue and I can wear it under makeup smile.gif

Posted

Where can u get pure Aloe Vera? Can u get it at CVS or any other drugstores? THANKS!!

Posted

ya i got my fruit of the earth 100% aloe vera at cvs

Posted

been using aloe vera on red marks and pimples for like 6 months, and my skin is the best it has been in a long time. The thing that makes aloe vera great, at least for me, is that it drys and heals the pimple without drying your skin out. If I ever have a poppable pimple that I squeeze (which is now rarely) I put a big glob of this on it and go to bed. IN the morning it is virtually completely gone, and the red mark is gone in a week.

However, this stuff doesn't seem to work for clogged pores, which is my main problem right now- I'm just glad it has been preventing the ugly pimples though.

Posted

6 months??? im not being mean, but thats so long!! are you red marks gone? if they're not gone after 6 months then this'll make me really lose hope in aloe vera! ive been using it for 1/2 day now! i love it!

Posted

My red marks are fading nicely I must say. I've seen more results in 2 days on aloe vera than I have in 1 month of using nothing biggrin.gif

Posted

but it doesnt take place of a moisturizer right?

Posted

no it acts as a moisturizer right?

Posted

I've heard a lot ab this Fruit of the Earth aloe vera too. So, do you put it on all over or just on your red spots and activ acne? so, you do put it on activ acne? what if I am using a bp cleanser? is it ok to put it on afterwards? and it doesnt break you out? I have skin prone to irritation. how long til I see results? sorry, guys. thanks

Posted

ive been putting it on once or twice a day for the past 2 days and i dont see much improvement. should i put it on more?

Posted

@ presrox (and all the other people who have just started using aloe vera):

Please be patient, it's serioulsy unrealistic to expect marked improvement in like 2 days. It took me 2-3 weeks to really notice a change, and now it's getting better everyday.

@Dannie:

I wouldn't suggest using aloe vera as your sole moisturizer: 1) because it can be slightly drying and 2) If you are using it to fade pih then you need to be using a sunscreen because the sun will prolong the marks.

@viv:

Like I said to presrox you can't expect significant change after 2 days, but I really noticed a change in my skin in about 2-3 weeks of using AVG 2-3x a day. It wont hurt, but should actually help your active acne. And yes, you can put it all over your face....I would follow up with a good moisturizer tho....

Posted

The best way to get aloe vera is from a live plant. They're very easy to grow, just keep them in the shade and don't over water them. Find someone who has one and ask them for one of it's plants, soak the root in a cup of water for a few days and then plant it. They multiply very quickly. Then just cut off an inch or so, slice it with your fingernail and rub it on immediately. Absolutely 100% pure, with no added irrating ingredients.

Posted
ive been putting it on once or twice a day for the past 2 days and i dont see much improvement. should i put it on more?

Posted

So do most of you moisturize after you put on the aloe vera? I was using it as my night moisturizer for a long time, but Im considering using it inbetween my cleanser and moisturizer.

Posted

i have a bit of oily skin...if i just use that and stop my acid cream will it make me go back more oily?

did yall notice u got oily?