Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I've been using some form of BP for about 3 weeks now. I found Dan's regimen about 2 weeks ago and have been doing it ever since with Cetaphil gentle liquid cleanser, Dan's BP gel, and then regular cetaphil moisturizer.

Since i started BP, i've noticed that I have reeeeeally fine lines all over my face. I'm only 19 and i've never experienced this before. Is this because of the drying? The lines are very very fine but they are making me worried that i'm aging or something. Has anyone experienced this? Does it go away? I'd rather get pimples than have my face look aged and weird. Should i cut down BP gel to one time a day? I don't know what to do. I used BP 10% for years and never had this problem. help! sad.gif

Dont worry,when i was in the early stages of The Regimen i had the same problem around my eyes and chin,and after i got over the dryness,they all went away. Wrinkles are caused by your face moving over years and years,the wrinkles that you have now are probably just because you're dry,and even if you put on alot of moisturizer,they'll just go away momentarily,but once your skin becomes accustomed to The Regimen,then your skin is gonna balance out and they'll go away.

Dont worry,when i was in the early stages of The Regimen i had the same problem around my eyes and chin,and after i got over the dryness,they all went away. Wrinkles are caused by your face moving over years and years,the wrinkles that you have now are probably just because you're dry,and even if you put on alot of moisturizer,they'll just go away momentarily,but once your skin becomes accustomed to The Regimen,then your skin is gonna balance out and they'll go away.

Hi, I've been using some form of BP for about 3 weeks now. I found Dan's regimen about 2 weeks ago and have been doing it ever since with Cetaphil gentle liquid cleanser, Dan's BP gel, and then regular cetaphil moisturizer.

Since i started BP, i've noticed that I have reeeeeally fine lines all over my face. I'm only 19 and i've never experienced this before. Is this because of the drying? The lines are very very fine but they are making me worried that i'm aging or something. Has anyone experienced this? Does it go away? I'd rather get pimples than have my face look aged and weird. Should i cut down BP gel to one time a day? I don't know what to do. I used BP 10% for years and never had this problem.  help!  sad.gif

Have you ever tried any AHA products? I know, I know, some people will say that they cause you to wrinkle too--but at least you don't look all dried out and weird while you're using them. I only stuck to Dan's regimen for 2 weeks and I just couldn't take it anymore. The bp felt yucky, and it was making my red marks stay MUCH longer than normal and some of them even turned brown.

I switched to an AHA product (Kiss my Face Alpha and Aloe, only 5% AHA) and the results are SOOOO much better--I don't care what anyone says about the risks of AHA--for me the benefits definitely outweigh the risks.

Have you ever tried any AHA products?  I know, I know, some people will say that they cause you to wrinkle too--but at least you don't look all dried out and weird while you're using them.  I only stuck to Dan's regimen for 2 weeks and I just couldn't take it anymore.  The bp felt yucky, and it was making my red marks stay MUCH longer than normal and some of them even turned brown.

I switched to an AHA product (Kiss my Face Alpha and Aloe, only 5% AHA) and the results are SOOOO much better--I don't care what anyone says about the risks of AHA--for me the benefits definitely outweigh the risks.

if ur regimen is making u all wrinkled and old looking - and u already said u would rather have pimples than fine lines -= than do away with the BP it does age u it oxidizes ur skin cells just liek any other free radical.... maybe u could do it a lot less ... those fine lines and old crusty look it is giving u = canoot be good for u skin. confused.gif

Guest TylerD

I disagree acnescargirl not that your post was bad by all means it made perfect sense i just think that since pooper518 just started the regimen only 2 weeks that it will take some time. Everyone gets all dried out and flaky all lines and all that shitty stuff at the beginning but it subsides over a while usually a month. And if its still bad for pooper518 then they might wanna think about using a different regimen possibly Christine's but we should just wait for a bit and see how it goes.

i disagree with tyler. good post and everythign - but if u look it up on the web. it is scientifically proven that benzoyul peroxide isnt al good for ur skin and it DOES cause aginng (hence wrinkles ) looks liek ur already getting some. form what u described. proceed wit cautioun wit that stuff. it doesnt even clear everybody up.

hey corduroy. I'm now using Eucerin skin renewal SPF 15 moisturizer and Dan claims this well get rid of the cracked look. I'm doubtful. I've been extremely dry before on Retin-A but have never gotten their weird lines all over my face.  Has anyone had a similar experience?