Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minnym0use

How Long Do You Think It Takes For Zit To Form?

Many people say that they ate something really gross and next day they had a pimple; yet there are others who say it takes weeks for a new zit to form.

My question is this:

How long do you think it takes for a zit to form. Not how long does it take to rid your body of the entire zit, but how long from A to Zit.

Please say what your experience is and why you draw your conclusions the way you do.

Thanks for helping me figure this one out.

Personally, I say about 3 days.

I've always heard that a pimple takes around 6 weeks to form from beginning to end. I could be very wrong though.

Many people say that they ate something really gross and next day they had a pimple; yet there are others who say it takes weeks for a new zit to form.

My question is this:

How long do you think it takes for a zit to form.  Not how long does it take to rid your body of the entire zit, but how long from A to Zit.

Please say what your experience is and why you draw your conclusions the way you do.

Thanks for helping me figure this one out.

Personally, I say about 3 days.

I heard somewhere that it takes about 2 weeks for a pimple to form. I'd agree with this because, during class, I used to rest my hand on my chin while sitting at the desk, but I noticed a lot of breakouts along my jawline, so I made a point to rest my hand on the side of my neck, and right about 2 weeks later I had less acne on my jawline and more popping up around my hairline/neck. So now I keep my hands away from my face, and it took about the same time for the acne around my hairline to completely go away.

I think its different for everyone. for me, i will feel a hard lump, and it will be sore, and the next day it will have surfaced from almost nowhere. ninja.gif

I heard it's 90 days for when a pimple forms... not including how long it "lasts." That was from a licensed ethetician in Arizona at a high-class spa I went to. biggrin.gif

http://www.acnetreatment.com/products.htm

Since our treatment is a preventative one, you must use your products on a daily basis, even when your skin is clear. It takes 3 to 4 months for a pimple to form, so it will take that long to get the results you want.

hi lauryn.

let me recomend a good doctor dr. Ricardo Cholo for your problem.

I've always been skeptical of the claim that it takes weeks for a pimple to form when I can develop one within several hours after eating trigger foods. It smacks of dermatologist propaganda similar to the smug "no connection between food and acne".

But more than likely, the microcomedones are laying around underneath the skin all over the place waiting for triggers to raise their ugly heads.

Logan

Exactly the same for me.

Guest ~Wolfy~

All the treatments I have ever been on take at least 6 weeks to start to give big improvements; and it takes 3 months for the improvement from the treatment to level off.

But I often find that stopping a treatment can cause acne to come back in a couple of weeks or so; although if I have my acne under very good control for a long period it can take 6 weeks.

So I think that acne takes 2-6 weeks to form in the pores; and the pore takes 6 weeks to grow out any damage that acne has caused to it (quite apart from any damage caused by an actual spot, which can take a lot longer to heal.)

The questions a bit too loose really. Problem with it is that it can take weeks for skin conditions to form which are susceptible to forming a zit, but its not really a zit yet (and may not form into one), but its possible one could form. So really it depends at what point you call it a zit, skin conditions for it to be supported I would say weeks, but the actual zit (from when the start of a reaction/inflammation) I would say days.

Theres no connection between food and acne

Of course there is, its been proved with some things. Milk for example a positive correlation has been found with a study of 37,000 people. For some other things the jurys still out on, and there's a lot of misinformation out there (and purposeful disinformation where there are vested interests), but there is definitely a connection. It's actually quite odd to think what you shove in your stomach doesn't affect your acne in reality.

Under 2 days for me when I consume something bad. But I and almost anyone can speed that up considerably to just about a day.

My first and only visit to my derm ended up with him giving me something to dissolve my comedones. I used it and decided to stop after about a month of use. After stopping, small zits started to appear after a day (how's that even possible lol). Some went away, others grew larger, but they were obviously zits.

I believe stopping BP immediately after a long run, will also result in these small zits forming (as per Dans Regimen).

So pardon my skepticism when someone says it takes weeks for a zit to form :).