Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

I think God gave me acne

I often think this way as well...and often remind myself that we all have our own crosses to carry.  I am Catholic and haven't been going to church because I guess I was embarrassed to be seen that way. However, I realized that maybe God has given me this to make a better and stronger person.  I don't know if any of you have read the PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE but it is awesome.  I will share a poem written by Russell Kelfer that is in that book:

You are who you are for a reason

You're part of an intricate plan

You're a precious and perfect unique design

Called God's special woman or man

You look like you look for a reason

OUr God made no mistake

He knit you together within the womb

You're just what he wanted to make

The parents you had were the ones he chose

And no matter how you may feel

They were custom designed with God's plan in mind

And they bear the Master's seal

NO, that trauma you faced was not easy

And God wept that it hurt you so

But it was allowed to shape your heart

So that into his likeliness you'd grow

YOu are who you are for a reason

You've been formed by the Master's rod

YOu are who you are, beloved

Because there is a God

I really think this is such a beautiful poem....

Hehehe yeah i remember writing to you cuz you wrote that you will stop writing about diet and acne.  But thank you sooooooooo much for writing all those things because I have given up dairy and slowly trying to give up chocolate and things like that and with the dairy alone i saw a significant improvement. I don't get cysts!!!! I think for the rest of my diet all I need is some discipline and a lil bit of knowledge on what foods to eat.  I still have zits but not as big and not as many as before, I never knew that dairy was a big culprit!

Ohh sorry there bumbum my bad. You are correct ..........you did agree with me before. I retract my statement completly. Just based on that post of yours I quoted you for, it seemed appropriate because it wasn't fully clear what you were saying. Again, I should have reviewed your previous posts, but I didn't recongnise your name earlier in the thread.

After reading everything you stated. I agree with you 100%.

Ironic eh? I should have recongnised your name. I guess I'm the low level thinker razz.gif

Ohh sorry there bumbum my bad. You are correct ..........you did agree with me before. I retract my statement completly. Just based on that post of yours I quoted you for, it seemed appropriate because it wasn't fully clear what you were saying. Again, I should have reviewed your previous posts, but I didn't recongnise your name earlier in the thread.

After reading everything you stated. I agree with you 100%.

Ironic eh? I should have recongnised your name. I guess I'm the low level thinker  razz.gif

Now, dispite all of this punishing crap that makes no sense, I think it's really good of you guys/girls to believe in some form of greater being. If you wake up every day feeling great about yourself and loving life, I congratulate you. You've acheived something most people don't have.

In a world that's filled with endless chaos, starving, social/health problems and death, I'm glad to hear there are at least some people that can stay positive.

Well, if someone says something that's absurd which makes no sense and I refer to their statements as a form of low level thinking, I would never imply that they have always been or will always be bad critical thinkers.

As you said bumbum, people make mistakes.

Well, if someone says something that's absurd which makes no sense and I refer to their statements as a form of low level thinking, I would never imply that they have always been or will always be bad critical thinkers.

don't worry I understand where you are coming from. I am not offended or anything cuz I know we are all here for the same reasons.  I know what you mean though about it is great about being positive. I really wish I can be positive in all aspects of my life, but of course it is really hard to do. I know we are all here in this forum to help each other out with acne and that is really great!  I think, actually I know I would be more lost if I haven't found this site.

hehehe ur pretty funny! BTW I also wasn't clear on my post. I didn't mean for you to think that it was you who was bashing ndmgal's post cause I know you even complemented her on your post! sometimes you juss have this thought in your head and it juss turns completely different when it is written down!!! do u still have acne or is it better now? I have some and lotsa marks but the cysts have gone none existent thanks to minnymouse's post regarding the diet. Eek I'm juss so bad..i'm drinking coke and eating sausage right now confused.gif

Yeah I still have it, but it's a seasonal thing. In winter it is absolutly terrible tons of red marks a few cysts. Summer hits and then bam, the tanned skin covers most of the red marks and drys out most of the existing acne. I'm glad I have an outdoor job for the summer, hopefully it will keep me clear (or....at least clear-er).

that's really great since summer is comin around pretty soon. I was on birth control pills for two years and skin was great, but I came off it because of the side effects that i experienced and my acne came back really bad. that was around january. It is juss a roller coaster ride and it is hard to deal with it emotionally. all of sudden im back to square one.

Don't jump to conclusions and say God gave you acne because honestly, every second you waste in church is a second you could be spending your time jerking off... Jerking off cleared me...

My Regimen:

Masterbate 12 times a day

Eat Top Ramen

Okay u masturbate 12 times a day??? I am fulfilled sexually babe so i don't think that's a problem. Glad scotty and bumbum are getting along. About the ego trip, I am entitled to my opinion. Christians believe that Jesus died to save them. I do believe that God had a better plan for me than to be stripping and being eye candy to my fiance. I do believe that if it hadn't been for acne i'd be married to an ass, still be flaunting my goodies, and not realizing that I can actually do good things with the talents I was given. Sure I watch my diet and exercise. Sure I read about new developments in science and medicine. But I also do believe that we are not alone and there is a plan for us. It's something that may never be proven, but in my heart, I sincerely believe. In any event, people who are strong and successful when they have acne, will be tremendous when they are clear. I've learned lessons that I will always take with me.

Okay u masturbate 12 times a day??? I am fulfilled sexually babe so i don't think that's a problem. Glad scotty and bumbum are getting along. About the ego trip, I am entitled to my opinion. Christians believe that Jesus died to save them. I do believe that God had a better plan for me than to be stripping and being eye candy to my fiance. I do believe that if it hadn't been for acne i'd be married to an ass, still be flaunting my goodies, and not realizing that I can actually do good things with the talents I was given. Sure I watch my diet and exercise. Sure I read about new developments in science and medicine. But I also do believe that we are not alone and there is a plan for us. It's something that may never be proven, but in my heart, I sincerely believe. In any event, people who are strong and successful when they have acne, will be tremendous when they are clear. I've learned lessons that I will always take with me.

As for me, I don't use my religion as an excuse or even as an explanation to anything. It really is hard to explain this whole God situation especially to the people who don't understand where I am coming from, but I do also believe that God has a plan for me. Juss because my life isn't perfect doesn't make me believe any less, actually, it helps me more with my faith because it is only through our suffering when we understand a little bit better about life. I can understand why people would think it is BS because I have been there, I still have my doubts as to why bad things happen. But in my life I have seen many miracles as well, and that surely outweighs the bad experiences, and is enough to make me believe. It would be really difficult to understand someone unless you have been through what they have been through.

Hey get this. I drank my ass off on friday, was hung over on saturday, I ate very poorly during the week and my skin has no active pimples on it lol

wtf?

lol

it must be....................the fresh air?

Oh and I lathered SA in my hands and for some idiotic reason started to wash my hair during my hangover. hahaha

Hey get this. I drank drank my ass off on friday, was hung over on saturday, I ate very poorly during the week and my skin has no active pimples on it lol

wtf?

lol

it must be....................the fresh air?

Oh and I lathered SA in my hands and for some idiotic reason started to wash my hair during my hangover. hahaha

Washing your hair with SA, that's pretty rough.  I got you beat though.  I almost brushed my teeth with differin gel.

What is this whole thing with either God is the CAUSE of all the shit in my life or God is the ROCK that gets me through all of the shit?

It can be both ways, you know. I know God has helped me through a hell of alot in my short life. That doesn't mean that I don't get angry at God occasionally for putting so many pedophiles in my life as child, though.

It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. A person can KNOW something, and feel an entirely different way about it. That doesn't mean it's right or wrong - it just means you are feeling different about what is really going on. No big deal.

Ah man - that would have been, as Scotty put it, awkward! Differen Gel....

:/

I often think this way as well...and often remind myself that we all have our own crosses to carry.  I am Catholic and haven't been going to church because I guess I was embarrassed to be seen that way. However, I realized that maybe God has given me this to make a better and stronger person.  I don't know if any of you have read the PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE but it is awesome.  I will share a poem written by Russell Kelfer that is in that book:

You are who you are for a reason

You're part of an intricate plan

You're a precious and perfect unique design

Called God's special woman or man

You look like you look for a reason

OUr God made no mistake

He knit you together within the womb

You're just what he wanted to make

The parents you had were the ones he chose

And no matter how you may feel

They were custom designed with God's plan in mind

And they bear the Master's seal

NO, that trauma you faced was not easy

And God wept that it hurt you so

But it was allowed to shape your heart

So that into his likeliness you'd grow

YOu are who you are for a reason

You've been formed by the Master's rod

YOu are who you are, beloved

Because there is a God

I really think this is such a beautiful poem....