Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
americancrewmc

One of thee best sites for dietary affects on acne

http://www.acne-advice.com/facts/

Some may still argue that diet doesn't affect acne. Not directly, yes, but indirectly the synthetic sugars and additives can trigger inbalances hormones. I know someone who had severe cystic acne, changed her diet, met with several holistic doctors and dun dun dun, I haven't seen a blemish on her skin since. But it isn't just eating healthy. It is taking care of your skin, working out, flushing the toxins out.

http://www.acne-advice.com/facts/

Some may still argue that diet doesn't affect acne. Not directly, yes, but indirectly the synthetic sugars and additives can trigger inbalances hormones. I know someone who had severe cystic acne, changed her diet, met with several holistic doctors and dun dun dun, I haven't seen a blemish on her skin since. But it isn't just eating healthy. It is taking care of your skin, working out, flushing the toxins out.

I went in to that site, and read this

"what causes acne?

hormones

For most people with acne, it begins at puberty. This is when the body starts to produce hormones called androgens. Androgens cause the enlargement and overstimulation of the sebaceous glands in people with acne. Sensitivity to these androgens also cause acne to appear during the menstrual cycle and sometimes in pregnancy. The extra sebum (oil) that the sebaceous glands produce mixes with dead skin cells and bacteria on the skin's surface and this blocks pores. Inside the blocked pore, bacteria multiply and cause inflammation leading to the spots and pustules associated with acne."

I am 15 years old. I have had acne since, 11 or 12. Is it possibly that my acne is not diet related, and that it is just..puberty? My parents don't/didn't have much acne, also my sister almost never get a zit. ( That might have nothing to do with it, just felt for writing it )

Oh, and i really try eat healthy, i drink at least 8 glasses of water, I am exersising everyday, i do not eat candy ( Sometimes a little chocolate ) , i try to avoid milk, ( though i eat cheese ) , i never drink soda, only water and sometimes orangejuice wit no added sugar. Instead of meat, i usally eat Quorn, but of course i eat an hamburger sometimes. Yeah, thats it.

Thanks, Jonas

I went in to that site, and read this

"what causes acne?

hormones

For most people with acne, it begins at puberty. This is when the body starts to produce hormones called androgens. Androgens cause the enlargement and overstimulation of the sebaceous glands in people with acne. Sensitivity to these androgens also cause acne to appear during the menstrual cycle and sometimes in pregnancy. The extra sebum (oil) that the sebaceous glands produce mixes with dead skin cells and bacteria on the skin's surface and this blocks pores. Inside the blocked pore, bacteria multiply and cause inflammation leading to the spots and pustules associated with acne."

I am 15 years old. I have had acne since, 11 or 12. Is it possibly that my acne is not diet related, and that it is just..puberty? My parents don't/didn't have much acne, also my sister almost never get a zit. ( That might have nothing to do with it, just felt for writing it )

Oh, and i really try eat healthy, i drink at least 8 glasses of water, I am exersising everyday, i do not eat candy ( Sometimes a little chocolate ) , i try to avoid milk, ( though i eat cheese ) , i never drink soda, only water and sometimes orangejuice wit no added sugar. Instead of meat, i usally eat Quorn, but of course i eat an hamburger sometimes. Yeah, thats it.

Thanks, Jonas

Diet affects hormones .

You say, "I never eat.....well sometimes I do."  You see, with acne, eating right most of the time is ok but you will NOT get clear or see major improvement unless you commit to really cleaning up your diet.  Keep reading the site.  It discusses diet a lot more.

Guest Stu :-)

Thats a very good site indeed. Ive booked mark that as my little refrence now..

Anyone bought the book? I might do for the recipes inside. However for the moment im just reassesing my diet...