Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vaporjourney

Daily carb count

I've recently decided to cut lots of foods from my diet as a suggestion of this board (all dairy products and sugar), and now am thinking about cutting carbs as well. I've seen some people recommend completely cutting out all carbs, or at least as many as possible. Then other people recommend eating them in moderation, and maybe cutting the amt you intake in half, according to the amt you ate in you typical junk food infested diet beforehand. I think that the 2nd choice seems logical, but I'd like a good take on this. I've read as many carb threads as I could find, and would like to start a new one to spark discussion again to see what people say after more experimentation. I've been able to cut a LOT of carbs from my diet, but I've been unable to eliminate breads from my diet since I have to eat lunch on the go everyday at work. So basically I'm wondering that if whole grain bread (wheat or oat) is my main source of carbs for the whole day, would this be acceptable? The only rice I eat is brown rice, and I've eliminated stuffing, macaroni, and other pastas from my dinners. I'm just very worried about eating bread now.

I've recently decided to cut lots of foods from my diet as a suggestion of this board (all dairy products and sugar), and now am thinking about cutting carbs as well.  I've seen some people recommend completely cutting out all carbs, or at least as many as possible.  Then other people recommend eating them in moderation, and maybe cutting the amt you intake in half, according to the amt you ate in you typical junk food infested diet beforehand.  I think that the 2nd choice seems logical, but I'd like a good take on this.  I've read as many carb threads as I could find, and would like to start a new one to spark discussion again to see what people say after more experimentation.  I've been able to cut a LOT of carbs from my diet, but I've been unable to eliminate breads from my diet since I have to eat lunch on the go everyday at work.  So basically I'm wondering that if whole grain bread (wheat or oat) is my main source of carbs for the whole day, would this be acceptable?  The only rice I eat is brown rice, and I've eliminated stuffing, macaroni, and other pastas from my dinners. I'm just very worried about eating bread now.

I've recently decided to cut lots of foods from my diet as a suggestion of this board (all dairy products and sugar), and now am thinking about cutting carbs as well.  I've seen some people recommend completely cutting out all carbs, or at least as many as possible.  Then other people recommend eating them in moderation, and maybe cutting the amt you intake in half, according to the amt you ate in you typical junk food infested diet beforehand.  I think that the 2nd choice seems logical, but I'd like a good take on this.  I've read as many carb threads as I could find, and would like to start a new one to spark discussion again to see what people say after more experimentation.  I've been able to cut a LOT of carbs from my diet, but I've been unable to eliminate breads from my diet since I have to eat lunch on the go everyday at work.  So basically I'm wondering that if whole grain bread (wheat or oat) is my main source of carbs for the whole day, would this be acceptable?  The only rice I eat is brown rice, and I've eliminated stuffing, macaroni, and other pastas from my dinners. I'm just very worried about eating bread now.

Carbs act on your body unlike the other two macronutrients. If your at all active(You should be to be healthy), cutting carbs to an insane amount is the worst thing you can do. Also, if you're in school you need carbs because they provide readily available fuel for your brain. Your brain uses 25% of your calories you know.

You can cut out breads, pasta, whatever you want, I don't care, just make sure you get those carbs somewhere else. Eat 10lbs of veggies if you have to.

I dont know how carbs affect your acne, but you should not, under any circumstances cut out all carbs from your diet.

This will destroy your body in the long run and you'll be feeling weak, depressed and unable to concentrate on anything.

If you think that minimizing carbs will help then its probably a good idea to stay away from breads and pasta which are loaded with them, but keep eating fruits, veggies and other natural foods that have carbs.

good luck.

There's carbs and then there's carbs.

I mean it goes without saying that there is a big difference in eating the carb called a donut and eating the carb called brown rice or the carb called a blueberry.

Just choose your carbs wisely that's the trick and the only trick really, cause if you have cut out refined processed foods, and pick fruits, veggies and any whole grains as your carbs, then you will be fine I am sure.

Good for you for making the connection between diet and acne.  You are on your way to better skin.  Don't cut out all carbs.  That would mean eliminating fruits and you need fruit.  Also, be sure and get LOTS of vegetables.

As far as bread.  If you must eat bread then get the Food for Life Sprouted Breads.  Some call them Bible Breads.  Anyway, you are doing great not to be eating pastas, etc...

Let me give you the link for the bread and maybe your local health food store freezer has some

http://www.mannaharvest.net/product_info.p...s_id/1993170090

Check out all the breads and tortillas they show by Food For Life on this site. 

Good luck and keep eating those berries, apples, pears, plums, peaches, etc..... Those are great for acne.

Keep us posted.

ahhhhh so its strange because i have cut alot of stuff out of my diet before to see if my skin would would get better but i also drank alot of water to..... the only thing with eating healthier for me is that i wasnt eating enough and because im tall and thin any way i thought i was loosing weight (if that can be possible for me lol) do you haveany ideas of the foods that you can eat if so could you tell me. i would really like to have ago at this again but know exactly the right food to avoid and not avoid....i eat quite a lot of fruit so that is all good smile.gif  hope you can reply...cya

Check out some of my recent posts.  Just look under minnymouse and then read posts.

Basically, fruit, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, seeds, nuts, no dairy , no sugar, no refined products, no junk food

Raisins, nuts and other dried fruits are great snacks compared to crackers and cheese as an example.  Carrots, sliced apples, grapes this time of year you should have lots to pick from

That leaves a lot of good wholesome foods.

Let us know how it goes.

Carbs act on your body unlike the other two macronutrients. If your at all active(You should be to be healthy), cutting carbs to an insane amount is the worst thing you can do. Also, if you're in school you need carbs because they provide readily available fuel for your brain. Your brain uses 25% of your calories you know.

You can cut out breads, pasta, whatever you want, I don't care, just make sure you get those carbs somewhere else. Eat 10lbs of veggies if you have to.

On a low-carb-diet, you don't cut all carbs. It's called low-carb not no-carb!

You can be very active on a low-carb diet, it's absolutely no problem. After a while of low-carbing, your body learns to use fat instead of sugar as main source of energy. Of course, your body and especially your brain still needs some glucose, but only a little bit. 72 grams of carbohydrates a day is enough. Your body can produce glucose out of protein, if it needs more glucose than this.

Our ancestors had almost no carbs in their diet (there was no grains, legumes, potatoes and high sugary fruits). They were naturally on a low-carb diet all the time. Yet they were very active. They had to walk large distances and they had to hunt every day. They would have died out, if they didn't have energy on this sort of diet.

I know from several people, who say, that they get better performances in sport through low-carb. It's a lie, that you need a lot of carbohydrates to be active.

Look at this:

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/athletic_diet.html

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/feed_brain.html