Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

^Use it mornings and nights.

I'm getting off the tane in 5 days. (yay)

I have some hyperpigmentation left over from the early days of acne which I'd like to get rid of. Anyone know how long after you're off are you able to start using face-care products?

U can use facecare products.. just not irritating ones which basically means all acne prevention products.

Most healing/maintenance facecare products like aloe vera & moisturizers are fine for use...

Once off accutane ask your dermatologist for a Retina-A product. It will help keep acne from coming back and rapidly increase the healing time of any leftover red marks.

Aloe vera has been fading my marks a bit and i've only been using it 4 or 5 days. There was a large red mark I had from a glycolic peel and i've noticed its startign to heal slightly. Hopefully i'll try using the plant as well and see what happens.

Here's something interesting I found while reading up on Aloe Vera. The Gel contains 99.33% water and the rest of the 0.7% are the following:

Vitamins - Antioxidants, D and B12

Minerals - Trace

Enzymes - Several different types

Sugars - Immune system and detoxification

Anthraquinones - Gastrointestinal absorption, pain relief, anti bacterial, anti viral.

Lignin - Helps other constituents penetrate skin.

Saponins - Soapy substance, cleansing, anti bacterial / microbial.

Salicylic Acids - Asprin like, anti inflammatory

Fatty Acids - Anti inflammatory

I just started trying out Aloe Vera to see how well it works with my red/brown marks. I hope it works :)

How exactly do you apply this stuff. I have a few plants in my front lawn but I went out and bought a large "leaf" of aloe. Should I cut this stuff up or mash it and turn it into goo and smear it on my face ?

LMG, here is what you do (since I am using the plant also). You cut a leaf. Wash it carefully and make sure you REALLY WASH IT. Then cut a peace from that leaf you think will be enough for you. Cut it in half (make it a diameter type of a cut (|) ) and apply those two peaces of the leaf on where you need. Then put the rest of the leaf (that you cut that peace from) in a plastic bag and put ir in a fridge.

Btw can anyone answer my question?

When I apply the aloe vera gel from a plant the cream I applied before (usually 2-3 hours before) comes back to its prievious color before applying and mixes with the aloe vera gel. Is this ok? ( I use differin in the evening and spurnk and jansen anti-spot in the morning) so anti spot mixes with aloe vera gel. I mean dont you feel something like that while applying aloe vera after you creams? Like aloe vera is mixing with it...

I was using a lot of aloe vera and I noticed after it dried I could peel the whole layer of it off like dead skin, was this because I put to much on?? im didn't use it long enough to really see good results.

ok I bought FOTE from drugstore.com... and I'm excited.. I'll let you know how it works once I can try it lol..

I don't have breakouts so much anymore.. Yasmin and antibiotics elimated those.. but I have a ton of pink marks all over my cheeks from when I had moderate acne.. so I hope this will help.

I've recently come across this product: http://www.suncountrynaturals.com/healinggel.html .

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Vera, Carnosine, MSM, Glucosamine, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Green Tea Extract, D-alpha Tocoppherol (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Cellulose, Essential Oil of Orange. Calciferol (Vitamin D).

So it's an aloe base with anti-oxidants, sulfur (MSM), amino acids (carnosine), vitamins and essential oils. Wow, pretty expensive.

I acquired some the other day. I'm going to start using it twice a day for red marks, and it's an aloe base so I'll post progress in this thread.

Right now my facial regime includes AHA Souffle nightly, aspirin or sulfur masks, alternating between the two, and now this in the day time.

Wish me luck.

I had to stop using the aloe vera gel because I got like an allergic reaction to something in it........ I'm so sad because it was helping me a lot with my redmarks

(this is just from reading the first post in this thread)

so ur suppose to apply ur regular moisturizer (lotion) after u put aloe vera gel on??? :shock: i didnt know that

u guys dont understand

I have the aloe vera gel and it DOES NOT dry up ur skin, it just makes it feel tight.

It moisturizes ur skin, i use it as a moisturizer

I just put a 1 mm thick layer on and let it soak into my skin and it helps my dry skin.

If it causes a small breakout, this is normal as some people said it caused a little purging for them.

Anybody know if it helps old brown marks? For some reason when i pop a pimple it turns reddish then brown, it doesnt stay red?

Aloe vera from H&B UK does not dry up my skin just makes it feel really tight. So I only put it on after a meal ect and not before school. But it says it is a moisturizer on the tube so not all aloe vera gels say this. So they will dry out your skin.

But I LOVE aloe vera!!! It has made my skin look and feel so much better and I didn't even get a breakout. It only takes days to see results which is why I really like it.

So I recomend this to everyone but please only use it on a part of your face and if you like it move to the whole face like me. It will allow you to stop quickly if you breakout and won't mess up your whole face. Also I feel that you really see the results this way.

Anyway thanks to all who reccomended aloe vera on this forum without you guys I would still have very red skin.

Thank you.

Well it turned out that it wasn't the aloe vera that was making an allergic reaction to my face, so I started using it again and it keeps helping me with my redmarks day by day... I'm amazed

Hey have any of you guys tried the Avon company Aloe Veria Gel before??..

I am hestiant to try it out..but I know aloe veria helps me. But I am not sure of the Avon one though..I know that the health food store "pure aloe veria" worked wonders, but I am not sure about aloe veria gel..

I have been applying FOTE for about 3 days.. I have noticed significant improvement in the speed of the healing of pimples.. but no difference other than that.. I'll keep you all posted.. atleast it hasn't made me break out.... yet

One thing I have noticed. All the pimples I got since using Aloe Gel, not only have the healed faster but the red marks they have left have been incredibly slight. I even had this one really big zit for a while that took a full week to heal, and now you can barely even tell the skin was at all disturbed.

I wish I had known about aloe when I first started getting acne, even though I'm pretty much 100% clear now I still have so many red spots.

I'll second the notion that aloe has helped with healing pimples faster as well as assisting them in leaving redmarks and scars to a much lesser degree. I've been using the gel for almost 2 weeks and I think it did purge my skin, but things are healing very nicely. As far as fading redmarks, no official word on that.

FOTE 100% aloe vera is the best. Ive been using it religiously for about 6 months and ive noticed dramatic imporvement in my scars and red marks. It doesnt help much with little whiteheads and such, but it sure smooths your skin out

I've been using FOTE for 3 weeks now. My breakouts have stopped and red marks are fading slowly. I love it so much that I want to grow my own plant.

I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. I exfoliate my skin 3 times a week using baking soda and uses FOTE twice a day. I apply it under my foundation and so far so good as it keeps my skin smooth and even to the foundation.

I wash my fash with mild honey gel and if I don't use make-up, I just wash my face with water.

Drink lots of water (abt 3 litres a day)... it really helps skin problem too. Exercise also helps oxygen flow to your skin for a healthy glow.

Good luck to everyone and cheers

I never noticed this huge thread! Well I read the first few pages then my eyes started glazing over... Anyway, I have a few questions for the veterans of ALOE VERA:

---Does this work as a replacement for benzoyl peroxide?

---Does this work as a replacement for moisturizer?

Thanks!