Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest *Clara
Again, aloe vera will only FADE the marks, so get a small bottle. It won't get rid of them.

Really? sad.gif

I was hoping Aloe Vera would get rid of them.....

Hey everyone! In the last few months or so my skin has improved dramatically by simply improving my diet (ie. less sugar, fats, dairy prods.) and by adopting a GENTLE skin care regimen, of cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing (free of "acne meds"). Anyway, I haven't had active acne for awhile, but I still had a lot of hyperpigmentation from before. So, just in the last few weeks I've started covering my skin twice a day with pure Aloe Vera Gel, right before I use my regular moisturizer.....and the results are amazing. My skin tone has improved soooo much in the last few weeks. All the marks....some of which were there for months have faded to almost non-existence. I would suggest you try it.

It' really easy, just  glob a whole bunch on any spots (I actually put it on my whole face) and then apply your regular moisturizer. It's a cheap, non-abrasive and non-irritating way to help fight those marks. If any of you try it, be patient.....and respond!

Yeah, aloe vera won't get rid of them. I haven't ventured into deep exfoliation yet, but I am currently on a vitamin regimen and semi-restrictive diet which may help them. The vitamins have definitely helped though. I have been on it for 2 months, and I'm going to see if the marks will be GONE (not faded) with a continous vitamin supplement of around ~2000mg vitamin C a day.

did it cause mila for anyone? i got sum on my chin... n all i ahve been using is aloe vera :S ............ n i wanted this to work on my marks! n i dont seee a difference wit my red marks.. been useing it day n night for about 4 days or so.

i have had maybe...1 pimple in the last 3 weeks since using the fote gel. if you're still getting pimples. it could be your diet. the day i turned my diet around was the day i stopped getting pimples. no sugars, dairy, very little fat. worked wodners. and my redmarks left on my face are about...80% better i would say. just guessing, but if no luck with the gel. could be your diets? also lots of water.

Don't usually stroll about these boards, but I'd thought I'd chime in on this subject.

I recently started using a moisturizer I picked up at a hotel (of all places) that's called Aloe Up. It's a light, fairly thin moisturizer that has aloe vera gel as the primary ingredient as well as aloe oil extract and coconut oil (vitamin E). I've also recently come to a point in my accutane treatment (40mg/day) where no new acne is forming, and hyper-pigmentation is a pretty big deal, as well as somewhat red and thinnish skin. I've had some noticeable improvement in the evenness of my skin tone as well as reducing the appearance of hyper-pigmented spots 20-30% or so. The moisturizing component of this stuff isn't that great, as I can slather it on Big Time immediately after a shower and it will be completely absorbed in ten to fifteen minutes, bringing my skin back into a dry state.

I've been washing with Cetaphil bar cleanser twice daily and applying Aloe Up twice daily and also as needed. I've ordered FOTE gel as well as an exfoliating cream to get things moving.

This is really just a "yes, I've had a positive experience with this" reply, but I hope it helps someone who's on the fence about giving aloe a shot.

Aloe really helps with the redness on the face. But for the actual spots, it really wont do a thing, sorry. But it did help make my skin look more clear and even.

i just bought 100% aloe vera in hopes of using it as a moisturizer. I don't really have dry skin, but after I put on BP i get this tight feeling on my face and when I move my mouth my forehead starts to wrinkle...And I've been reading that aloe vera gives you a tight feeling as well...Does anyone use this as a moisturizer? Does it moisturize at all?

i just bought 100% aloe vera in hopes of using it as a moisturizer. I don't really have dry skin, but after I put on BP i get this tight feeling on my face and when I move my mouth my forehead starts to wrinkle...And I've been reading that aloe vera gives you a tight feeling as well...Does anyone use this as a moisturizer? Does it moisturize at all?

It does give you a tight feeling and leave a bit of residue. What helps is mixing it around in your hands for a while before putting it on your face. Somehow this makes it more liquidy and less tightening. I wouldn't put it on during the day unless you use a very emollient makeup because it can flake. I like using it over my nighttime treatments because it's soothing (I use bp and ga at night, which is sometimes irritating) but right now my skin is dry and I need something more emollient during the day. I used to use it when my skin was oily underneath my tinted moisturizer and it made my skin look fresh and glowy, though.

I tried Fruit of the Earth (FOTE) aloe vera gel for 3 weeks and all it did was leave a lot of whiteheads from clogged pores.

It's hella drying too...If you are to use aloe, stay away from this brand

actually I just drink the lilly of the desert aloe juice, I started off with the quart but now i buy it by the gallon, i drink one glass before bed, for about 3 weeks now, and let me say AMAZING. It tastes soo bad, but damn next morning and my red marks fade like crazy, and my old marks fade super fast, more than 90% of my old marks are gone, love it!!!

Good for you :)

I used to break out when i was using aloe vera gel ( maybe my skin just getting used to it!) Maybe, i should try it again. Is it only for marks or can be used for pimples as well?

i wouldnt use anythign except bp for active acne. I went off it for a month and all hell broke loose! this happened back in november and I'm still fighting the red mark battle. If you used bp before, dont stop and trying another option because the reprocussions and extremely severe.

i wouldnt use anythign except bp for active acne. I went off it for a month and all hell broke loose! this happened back in november and I'm still fighting the red mark battle. If you used bp before, dont stop and trying another option because the reprocussions and extremely severe.

That's because your face got so dependent on BP that if you quit you'd suffer.

It's a lot better when you decide to stop BP altogether and are no longer dependent on it, or just never start using it at all.

Does the jelly that comes from the actual plant clog your pores? I'm expecting to recieve an Aloe Vera plant anyday now. My mom is sending it, because she swears it works for red marks and acne. The thing is I was using it back during my christmas break when I was home for the holidays from school. My skin was doing alright with it when I was putting it on, but I still had some active acne. I finally went on Dan's regimen after I had a horrible breakout a few weeks ago, which I think was caused from using Witch Hazel, which I had heard here on this board that it helped with red marks.:rolleyes: I'm also on a diet now of no dairy, or sugars, and using a mask every other night now too and my skin is clearing up more and more everyday (from acne). I just want to make sure before I start using it again because I don't need any more big breakouts and redmarks.

Check the ingrediants of your moisturizers. The chances are that they will contain some ammount of aloe vera. I dont see how it can do anything but heal your skin to be honest... unless you are using less than 100% and there are other chemicals in it. It can be used for burns, scars, acne, sunburn ETC

just make sure you get 100% aloe vera. I use it as a moisturizer but recently ive been getting a little dry and am putting a moisturizer on top of it.

-wash

-bp cream

-aloe vera

-moisturize

working really well :)