Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone! In the last few months or so my skin has improved dramatically by simply improving my diet (ie. less sugar, fats, dairy prods.) and by adopting a GENTLE skin care regimen, of cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing (free of "acne meds"). Anyway, I haven't had active acne for awhile, but I still had a lot of hyperpigmentation from before. So, just in the last few weeks I've started covering my skin twice a day with pure Aloe Vera Gel, right before I use my regular moisturizer.....and the results are amazing. My skin tone has improved soooo much in the last few weeks. All the marks....some of which were there for months have faded to almost non-existence. I would suggest you try it.

It' really easy, just glob a whole bunch on any spots (I actually put it on my whole face) and then apply your regular moisturizer. It's a cheap, non-abrasive and non-irritating way to help fight those marks. If any of you try it, be patient.....and respond!

Hey everyone! In the last few months or so my skin has improved dramatically by simply improving my diet (ie. less sugar, fats, dairy prods.) and by adopting a GENTLE skin care regimen, of cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing (free of "acne meds"). Anyway, I haven't had active acne for awhile, but I still had a lot of hyperpigmentation from before. So, just in the last few weeks I've started covering my skin twice a day with pure Aloe Vera Gel, right before I use my regular moisturizer.....and the results are amazing. My skin tone has improved soooo much in the last few weeks. All the marks....some of which were there for months have faded to almost non-existence. I would suggest you try it.

It' really easy, just  glob a whole bunch on any spots (I actually put it on my whole face) and then apply your regular moisturizer. It's a cheap, non-abrasive and non-irritating way to help fight those marks. If any of you try it, be patient.....and respond!

so in the last few weeks, through using aloe vera gel, your red marks are gone?? whoa thats good! are you sure it helped, and it wasn't just the passing of time that faded them? sorry if im being rude but ive tried so many things and nothing works =(

That is super for you!  Your diet and aloe vera combined are priceless.

My son is doing same thing.  His diet has helped so much, but those darn red marks wouldn't let up.  He finally stopped all topicals EXCEPT for 100% aloe vera gel.  I am so glad you are better!

eusa_dance.gif  eusa_dance.gif

so in the last few weeks, through using aloe vera gel, your red marks are gone?? whoa thats good! are you sure it helped, and it wasn't just the passing of time that faded them? sorry if im being rude but ive tried so many things and nothing works =(

Hey Pres:

It was definitely the aloe vera gel, it's the only new thing I've added to my current regimen, and like I said some of the marks have been around for months (left over from when I used to try a lot of harsh meds). Oh and they're not gone, but even my friends have commented on how much better my skin tone looks.

I use Fruit of the Earth and I've also used a generic brand which I felt was just as good...

Hi, May I know what other brands of pure aloe vera gel that you can recommend to me?? I cant find that Fruits of the Earth here, can u tell me any generic brands or whatever thats as good as the ones u are using, please reply and thanks for being so kind.

@ life2trade:

The generic brand I used was the one made by the local grocery store chain (Superstore). Honestly, I think if you just make sure you find !00% Pure Aloe Vera Gel you should be fine.

@ erpatter

I don't know how to quantify it, but my marks have faded considerably in about 2-3 weeks from using it twice a day. My friends have commented on this. This is the most improvement I've seen in my marks seriously, in months.

Hi, May I know what other brands of pure aloe vera gel that you can recommend to me?? I cant find that Fruits of the Earth here, can u tell me any generic brands or whatever thats as good as the ones u are using, please reply and thanks for being so kind.

Hi,

Do u think that mixing aloe vera with a carrier oil like emu oil would give it greater effect as the oil would take it further in to the skin?

If so i will use it as a moisturiser.

Thx,

Tom

I just started applying the fruit of the earth aloe vera gel to a rash all over my chin I got after finding out I was pregnant. I had real tiny breakout with it and it has been real stubborn too any treatment. However, after using the aloe vera for about 3 days now it is looking soo much better!! I use it alone and I find it dries up the little zits and calms the inflammed areas. It will sometimes sting certain areas for the first five minutes after application but then feels better. I can see how this would fade red marks and I am going to start applying it all over my face. I'm only using dove soap right now, so I'll let you know the results to this very simple regimen after more time. I also apply aloe vera gel to scrapes and then ointment on top when I want to heal something fast.

im getting some 100% pure unrefined shea butter today and im thinking of also getting the aloe vera gel so should i put the butter on first and then the gel? or the gel first and then the butter?

Hi,

Do u think that mixing aloe vera with a carrier oil like emu oil would give it greater effect as the oil would take it further in to the skin?

If so i will use it as a moisturiser.

Thx,

Tom

ok im gonna go get some from local drugstore and start applying it! it definitely wont cause any new pimples right? so your marks are almost gone? do you think if you keep using it for another few weeks your marks will be totally gone? cool...

also...does it make ur face shiny? do you think i could put it on before school or does it make it too shiny?

For something even better try aloe vera straight from the plant. It's cheap and it lasts forever because the damn things keep growing. I've finally found somethign that'll hold mine now, it's those metal tubs that you put beer kegs and ice in. ONly took about a year to get it from a small plant to one with about 1000 thick leaves shooting off in every direction. It only takes about 1/20 of a leaf to cover your entire face so you can see how it would last forever.

Anyway, I've found that the just about 100% gel is a bit drying but the fresh stuff isn't. I use it on my eye areas as well.

Aloe is also one of the most effective transdermal carriers so mixing it with emu oil won't do anything. Besides, emu oil doesn't really help heal anything, it's just there for moisture, it's the aloe that really heals fast. Just don't mess with adding anything to the aloe and you'll be fine.

I don't have acne anymore but use it on burns, cuts, and just over my face and I have skin like a 5 year old. I used to have a problem with red marks as well.

@ presrox:

No, aloe vera definitely doesn't cause pimples, at least in my case, and it doesn't make me shiny, in fact like blackbirdbeatle said the store-bought kind can be slightly drying, thats why I use moisturizer afterward. And, yes, I do think my marks should be nearly, if not completely gone in the next few weeks.

@ blackbirdbeatle:

That's really interesting I had heard from a lot of other people that the real things the best, I think I'm gonna try it.....especially since you say it's non-drying. Thanks for the tip!

im too lazy to go out and get a plant, care for it, getting the juice from the leaves and all that but if i use this fruit of the earth 100% gel is it good enough? i know you said the real leaf juice is better but will i still get results with fruit of the earth 100%?

Lol, too lazy to put it by a window, water it once a week and then cut and squeeze the juice out? I would think compared to the amount of time people that suffer from acne spend on their acne, this would be nothing.

I don't know about everyone else but the real aloe vera leaves a small coat on some places that look like dead skin after a few hours but it's not, it's just becasue I use a lot of gel and all of it doesn't sink in by the time it dries. For that reason I use it at night but others just use a thin layer and wear it in the day with no problems.