Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rzwen

What happens to a left alone whitehead?

I seem to be getting alot of whiteheads lately on my cheek. I usually end up squeezing all the gunk out. But it leaves a nasty little red mark that takes a week or so to heal. What will happen if I just leave the whitehead alone? It seems like whiteheads will never go away; they just stay there in a white bump. Will they eventually go away by themselves if I just leave them alone?

Thanks.

From my experience they will never go away on their own as in white head disappears to red head then vanished. Usually wat happens to me is that the white head turns hard and dried up into a yellow crust on top of the skin if left alone. Then it should fall off like a scab leaving behind a nasty red mark. I just pop them to avoid this.

Yea, whiteheads are annoying. When i have them, I usually wash my face three times a day with hot water. Eventually, while ur washing, it'll get cleared up. Unfortunately, no matter what process you use, whiteheads leave a nasty red mark for a long time. Bummer.

-DJ

Yea, whiteheads are annoying. When i have them, I usually wash my face three times a day with hot water. Eventually, while ur washing, it'll get cleared up. Unfortunately, no matter what process you use, whiteheads leave a nasty red mark for a long time. Bummer.

-DJ

I think most of you are confusing whiteheads with pimples. Whiteheads are simply a clogged pore that isnt infected,which means that it should crust up and fall off pretty quickly and shouldnt leave a redmark(if you pick at it then you might get it infected,and then it'll turn into a pimple,which most of the time does leave a redmark). If you have a whitehead thats red and swollen underneath,that means you have a pimple,which is a whitehead that got infected,and those are best left alone because its pretty much useless trying to squeeze out ALL of the infection,and in doing so most of the time you just end up pushing the infection down deeper into the pore,which will just make it come back and last longer than if you had just left it alone,and most likely will leave a redmark.

I think most of you are confusing whiteheads with pimples. Whiteheads are simply a clogged pore that isnt infected,which means that it should crust up and fall off pretty quickly and shouldnt leave a redmark(if you pick at it then you might get it infected,and then it'll turn into a pimple,which most of the time does leave a redmark). If you have a whitehead thats red and swollen underneath,that means you have a pimple,which is a whitehead that got infected,and those are best left alone because its pretty much useless trying to squeeze out ALL of the infection,and in doing so most of the time you just end up pushing the infection down deeper into the pore,which will just make it come back and last longer than if you had just left it alone,and most likely will leave a redmark.

I seem to be getting alot of whiteheads lately on my cheek. I usually end up squeezing all the gunk out. But it leaves a nasty little red mark that takes a week or so to heal. What will happen if I just leave the whitehead alone? It seems like whiteheads will never go away; they just stay there in a white bump. Will they eventually go away by themselves if I just leave them alone?

yea i used to confuse whiteheads and pustules (pimples) as well. I'd go even further and say that a true whitehead (milia) never "crusts up" but just stays in its pore as a solid "plug" unless extracted.

I totally agree. My main problem are whiteheads and they rarely ever turn into pimples. Unfortunatly they never go away either. Does anyone know of a good way to eliminate whiteheads??? I'm getting desparate as I've had this problem for years (im 24). I'm on the regimen now but im probably willing to try anything thats sensible - diet, masks, peels, etc....