Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryansands1

REMOVING MAKEUP

WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP WITH IN THE EVENING THAT WILL NOT BE IRRITATING- OR DRYING? i MAINLY HAVE OILY NESS IN T ZONE AND DRY ON CHEEKS?

This is why I shower at night, because I wear heavy-duty foundation. Though, there are sometimes I have to leave my showers for morning. So what I do is I use an exfoliating tool a.k.a. facial brush. I use this in combo with my cleanser, and it seems to get over 90% of my makeup off.

It wouldn't hurt to use a toner afterwards just in case there's still traces of the make up left on the skin.

Most days I use foundation and concealer so at night I just wash my face twice with my cleanser

= rinse with warm water, apply cleanser, rinse with warm water, apply cleanser, rinse wth warm water, dry with tissues

Most days I use foundation and concealer so at night I just wash my face twice with my cleanser

= rinse with warm water, apply cleanser, rinse with warm water, apply cleanser, rinse wth warm water, dry with tissues

I haven't been wearing foundation since beginning the regimen, just dabs of concealer where needed, and a light dusting of powder. But I just wash with the Purpose gentle wash (in a pump dispenser). I wash, and if I feel I need it, I do another light washing, gently, then pat dry with clean towel.

In the product/treatment ratings, alot of the people commented that the Purpose was good at getting makeup off, and you can even use it on your eyes to remove your eye makeup (I do wear eye makeup too), and it removes it very well also.

Hope this helps.

Guest Anubis

Sometimes if I use heavy makeup...I will use aloe gel to take it off..works like a charm..even on waterproof mascera and no rub foundations. I just take a fairly big glob and smeer it around then rinse with warm water...everything is gone...then I use my normal face wash.

I use Spectro Derm to remove make-up, and wipe it gently with those cotton squares. I also use a separate eye make-up remover for my mascara.

I like this idea of using Aloe Gel... where do you buy this kind of thing? Any name brands you can tell us?

what the? spectro to remove makeup?!? thats impossible... its milder then cetaphil. soap will do the trick (dove is good)

What is the cleanser brand and moisturizer you use ? You mean you dry face with tissues- is that for sanitary reasons?