Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ON DOVE SOAP(UNSCENTED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN- i TOO HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR YEARS- DO YOU FIND IT TAKES OFF YOUR MAKEUP- OR DO YOU USE SOMETHING ELSE. tHE MINUTE I TRY SOMETHING ELSE( FOR EX. i STARTED TO BREAK OUT ON MY CHIN W/ 2 BIG PIMPLES( mY DR. HAD TO INJECT THEM) THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE i BREAK OUT- i STARTED EXPERIMENTING W/ OTHER STUFF- NOW MY FACE IS A MESS. dO YOU HAVE OILY SKIN- OR WHAT? DO YOU MOISTURIZE WITH/ WHATdo you use for suncreen on face tHANKS

I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE SCREAMING AT ME!

I use Dove Sensitive Skin soap on my face to remove makeup and cleanse altogether. No, I do not have particularly oily skin. I moisturize with Clindamycin lotion and use CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer. Works well for me.

I've used Dove soap on my face for years, too. It's all my mother bought when I was growing up. It did a fine job of removing my makeup (except mascara), so I never bothered with makeup remover. But I did recently switch to Olay soap. It smells WONDERFUL (not overpowering) and makes my skin feel even softer than Dove did. Oh, and my skin was always extremely oily, but isn't anymore since I'm on accutane.

Used Dove for a month and didn't like it... but as for getting my makeup off I would just cleanse twice at night to get all my makeup off

I have heard that pimples around the mouth can be caused by the flouride in your toothpaste. Especially in adults. Take care not to let it escape from your mouth during brushing and maybe your chin will clear up.

Pre-Accutane (I'm on week 14 right now) Dove bars of any kind made me break out (see Paula Begoun's review of Dove http://www.cosmeticscop.com in her books) but at the moment, it is working well for me. I expect that once I'm finished with my Accutane treatment I will stop using the Dove again, though I might use one of their other cleansing products (the new liquid ones).

Cashmira biggrin.gif

i've used dove unscented.. dove sensitive skin.. and dove exfoiliating soap.. i like them all.. right now i'm using the exfloiliating soap, and i have sensitive skin yet i don't think it is drying or harsh.. I use oil of olay complete care moisturizer... it contains an spf of 15.. i use it all year long.

i've used dove unscented.. dove sensitive skin.. and dove exfoiliating soap.. i like them all.. right now i'm  using the exfloiliating soap, and i have sensitive skin yet i don't think it is drying or harsh.. I use oil of olay complete care moisturizer... it contains an spf of 15.. i use it all year long.

I love Dove! I hate the harsh feeling of putting cleanser straight on my face so I lather up with Dove first!

My derm told me not to use soap on the face because it is pore clogging. I know soap is a basic substance and isn't balaned for the right pH for the skin either, so I stick to cleanser.

My derm told me not to use soap on the face because it is pore clogging.  I know soap is a basic substance and isn't balaned for the right pH for the skin either, so I stick to cleanser.