Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nate_king1

Okay is it time for Accutaine?

I have had acne for more than a year now. I started doing the Regimen in the Summer, but my face was still not good. So January I tried B5 and it has helped a little. IS it time for accutaine, and what is the best way to get it?

Noooooo, you have a long way to go till accutane. Dont mess about with such a powerfull drug. Go to your doctor and ask out topicals and other ways to treat acne. Give them a try then and u may have some sucsess.

Guest Anubis

That depends...I have mixed emotions about accutane. I would find yourself a good derm (that's the only way to get accutane..by script.) See what thier advise is. You don't give us too much info about your acne. If it is really bad I would consider accutane after reviewing all side effects. But you also want to try to stop your acne as soon as possible because scarring Will occure. Dan's BP gel is really good( I've just started it). I would suggest his r4egimen with his gel and see if you get better results. I have heard many people think panoxly is WAY too harsh, even at 2.5%. Good luck smile.gif

My acne isn't bad at all, but It still bothers me. And i have been on the Regimen for soo long it doesn't do shit. Neither does this B5.

Guest Avian

If your acne doesn't respond to the regimen then it sounds extremely stubborn. But after one year I don't think it's time for Accutane.

Are you sure you're doing the regimen right? The vast majority of acne responds to it. Alternatively, you could try antibiotics or stronger topicals such as Differin or Retin A.