Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AC_United

10 years battle....finally thinking of accutane

Hi people, Im 20 (almost 21) now and have had acne since the age of 12. Needless to say it has ruined my teen years, I won't get those back however I can only look ahead.

I have been following natural treatments for the majority of my battle with acne. However I am still breaking out.

I am now thinking of purchasing Accutane on the net. I have found a site which I think seems good, I know its expensive but I live in the UK and if I was to go through the NHS (hospital system) then I would have to wait probably around 7 months and even then I am not guranteed the doc would prescribe me accutane.

Now I have heard many horror storries but also very positive ones. Tell you the truth I have heard more good stuff about it from the people who have actually EXPERIENCED it themselves, whereas the scare storries I noticed are mostly put out by people who have never been on the drug.

Anyway even when things were going okay, in that I wasn't breaking out too much while following a natural approach I always knew if things didn't improve I have the option of accutane.

Can someone please help me, if I buy it online should I start at say 20mg a day and see how it progresses? My plan is to start at 20mg, if its good then continue it to a maximum of 3-4 months, because most places I have read it says to take accutane for around 12-16 weeks.

I have also read that you have blood tests done before, during and after accutane. But I am wondering if I buy it on the net, try it and it seems to be working would I have anything to worry about? Shouldn't I only worry if I begin it and then I start to get side-effects? Isn't most of the precautions just formality? I am 21 and I feel I am in pretty good health.

Anyway gone on enough already, thanks for listening guys, could do with some support in these hard times, I know most people can relate with me here, the same things, every day being the same as the day before, education suffering because acne wrecks your emotional state of mind, social life and everything else a normal person takes for granted.

Absolutely do not do this. Accutane is a very serious drug and should not be taken outside of a doctor's supervision. You need those tests to ensure that your liver is not failing, among other things. I have been on Accutane, it is nothing to fool around with.

See a doctor, get it prescribed, get the needed blood tests. They are required for a good reason.

I agree with BeenThere, it is very serious. You need to monitored while taking it. I understand your want to get started right away. I know that it would be better for you to start right away, rather than later.

I had to wait for my accutane too. But I don't think a doc would deny you of it from what you've said about your situation. However, most docs like to go through a whole routine of different topicals and anti-biotics. So I hope you luck out in that dept.

I myself have only had to try 2 anit-biotics and 2 BCP. Afetr that it was hands down, accutane. I was really starting to scar.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do and how everything goes for you.

Thanks for replying guys.....what a situation eh, this game of life can really be cruel sometimes.

I understand what you guys are saying and know you mean well. And I have infact asked my doctor to refer me to a derm. However I will probably get to see him in like a few months.

I was thinking though it cant be that bad to make a headstart if the derm is gonna give me acctuane anyway. And if he doesn't.....well I really don't wanna be messed around anymore and go on anti-biotics that I know work for a week at best. In that situation I would probably take the accutane on my own accord. I feel I am pretty much healthly, I have for the last 5 years done many liver cleansing and building and am in a much better state then 6 years ago. But I also know that this acne is not going away, I am on a very restricted diet and even then I break out! I mean if I was to eat watever I wanted freely I know I would break out much much worser than this, it's only my control which is helping me.

I was wondering is it a special type of blood test that they do? Isn't it possible for me to do the blood test privately and find out the results?

I agree with BeenThere, it is very serious. You need to monitored while taking it. I understand your want to get started right away. I know that it would be better for you to start right away, rather than later.

I had to wait for my accutane too. But I don't think a doc would deny you of it from what you've said about your situation. However, most docs like to go through a whole routine of different topicals and anti-biotics. So I hope you luck out in that dept.

I myself have only had to try 2 anit-biotics and 2 BCP. Afetr that it was hands down, accutane. I was really starting to scar.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do and how everything goes for you.

i was about to reply then i realised i pmed u earlier, do what i said with the note taped to the blood test, it worked for me !!! but dont tell everyone cause they'll all do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi people, Im 20 (almost 21) now and have had acne since the age of 12. Needless to say it has ruined my teen years, I won't get those back however I can only look ahead.

I have been following natural treatments for the majority of my battle with acne. However I am still breaking out.

I am now thinking of purchasing Accutane on the net. I have found a site which I think seems good, I know its expensive but I live in the UK and if I was to go through the NHS (hospital system) then I would have to wait probably around 7 months and even then I am not guranteed the doc would prescribe me accutane.

Now I have heard many horror storries but also very positive ones. Tell you the truth I have heard more good stuff about it from the people who have actually EXPERIENCED it themselves, whereas the scare storries I noticed are mostly put out by people who have never been on the drug.

Anyway even when things were going okay, in that I wasn't breaking out too much while following a natural approach I always knew if things didn't improve I have the option of accutane.

Can someone please help me, if I buy it online should I start at say 20mg a day and see how it progresses? My plan is to start at 20mg, if its good then continue it to a maximum of 3-4 months, because most places I have read it says to take accutane for around 12-16 weeks.

I have also read that you have blood tests done before, during and after accutane. But I am wondering if I buy it on the net, try it and it seems to be working would I have anything to worry about? Shouldn't I only worry if I begin it and then I start to get side-effects? Isn't most of the precautions just formality? I am 21 and I feel I am in pretty good health.

Anyway gone on enough already, thanks for listening guys, could do with some support in these hard times, I know most people can relate with me here, the same things, every day being the same as the day before, education suffering because acne wrecks your emotional state of mind, social life and everything else a normal person takes for granted.

You mentioned that you tend to hear horror stories from those who have no empirical experience with accutane. Well, I was on accutane for three months and at the end of those months, I was still dealing with acne. While the severity of the actual breakout was markedly lower, all gains were negated bY the side effects. I noticed that my skin became much more fragile and the smallest zits would leave glaringly visible red marks on my face. Not to mention, my pores enlargened, my skin was always bright red, and for the longest time, I was having problems with my vision (even despite positive lab tests). I regret having used Accutane. And, I esp. don't recommend buying it through a internet site. Like everyone already mentioned, Accutane needs to be carefully monitored with lab tests. It's not worth it if there's even an ounce of potential that your liver or your eyesight might be compromised. I know how difficult it is to deal w/ acne and it leaves us resorting to shit that we normally wouldn't consider. That's why I paid close to 300 dollars for a monthly supply of accutane, along with 150 on monthly derm visits. I was desperate and now that I have all these hindsights to work with, I don't recommend accutane to anybody. I understand you have exhausted natural treatment. So have I. Tea tree cleanser gave me better results than accutane did and now that I am on proactive, for the moment, I have kept my acne at bay. Maybe, it might be an option to consider.

Hey man check my PM but didnt know you were going to but it online- I would deffinately not recommend this cause you cant be sure exactly what your getting.

I am lucky bacause here in Australia the health system is all susidised so it is relatively cheap. Can you explain how the sytem is over in the UK maybe if you explain to a docter extactky how you are feeling they will be sympathetic and fast track your treatment.

i can see why you want to do this. I mean the waiting around for derms to get their finger out sucks

I think on a low dose of 20mg daily, you wont suffer any ill effects except the obvious dry lips and skin thing. Even on 40mg last time round i didnt suffer a great deal.

im on 20mg for about a month right now.

You can get your blood taken at the docs ya know, you could get an appointment with one in a couple of days. Tell them you want your trygycerides checking, and whatever else needs checking to test your liver function (i cant remember what else they check before you go on tane). They send it off straight to the hospital and a reply will come through in about a week.

If you tell yer doc you are desperate and are gonna take the tane regardless, then they will surely do this for you, its no skin off their nose.

Thanks guys for the responses.

I hope to see what happens with the appointment and let it take its course. Still fighting my acne battle with natural remdies like the herbs that have done so much for me till now. Think it mite be better to try everything before going on tane. Herbs only work short time just like anti-biotics, however with less of the side-effects. See if they can carry me some more and put me off tane. But its good to know that option is still there.

You guys are good, thats what I like about all us who suffer with acne, we know whats important, we know the little things don't matter and that you should enjoy every moment. Walking freely without a worry on the street, what most 'normal' people take for granted I feel so happy about. We keep battling, acne may make our life miserable but it will never destroy our spirit.

i can see why you want to do this. I mean the waiting around for derms to get their finger out sucks

I think on  a low dose of 20mg daily, you wont suffer any ill effects except the obvious dry lips and skin thing. Even on 40mg last time round i didnt suffer a great deal.

im on 20mg for about a month right now.

You can get your blood taken at the docs ya know, you could get an appointment with one in a couple of days. Tell them you want your trygycerides checking, and whatever else needs checking to test your liver function (i cant remember what else they check before you go on tane). They send it off straight to the hospital and a reply will come through in about a week.

If you tell yer doc you are desperate and are gonna take the tane regardless, then they will surely do this for you, its no skin off their nose.