Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, there,im just a new mwmber.i would like to find out if anyone has tried the product CLEARASIL? i visited its websitet and it seems preety convincing. has anyone tried CLEARASIL? is it good?i want to try it.and if you could reply to my email,beacuse im not yet familiar with this forum yet. my email add is [email protected] thanks so much. hope for your reply.

Sure,

I had one or two spots when i was about 12, my mum told me that I might start getting spots, so I started using oxy facewash - made my face worse!! I had very mild acne... I then swapped to clearasil and it dd work for about a week, then - made my face worse!! Through the next few years I swapped about products and tried all sorts. I eventually had cysts and big lumps on my face!! ERGH!! I stopped using washes about a month ago and I am now 100% clear!! SO HAPPY!!!

When people get a zit or have acne, they see those shitty ads on TV for face washes... they go and buy some and use to their hearts content... it works at firt then they start to breakout, so they use more and more! And its just keeps on going getting worse and worse!! eusa_wall.gif

If people, when they get a zit or if they have acne, just clean up their diet and drink ALOT of water they will rid that zit and clear their acne!! But society makes us consumers, give us acne and suck us dry $$$

im 23 yrs old now,i had acne since i was 16 yrs old. im a man by the way,how about you?i really realy cant get rid of my acne for 7 years already! please, can you help me to remove my acne, just share me waht steps you did to make your face 100% acne free.

Yeah I'm a guy too

I wash twice a day with hot water - but in the shower cos it helps back acne too!!

I have one multivitamin tablet a day.

I follow an average diet, if something makes my skin oily or gives me a zit I, obviously, avoid it!!

I sometimes use SAVLON only on spots, at night before I go to sleep.

Savlon is an antiseptic cream, it kills bacteria and heals skin too!! But beware! don't use in the day!! Never ever ever use any skin care products in the daytime!!

What have you been using on your skin so far??

i used so many products already,i used Cetaphil, Ponds, Acne Aid for my facial wash,and 5%benzoyl peroxide,benzazyclin, on my face to cure my spots,but it did not work. i regularly wash my face when im in the shower,why do you say that it can make acne worse?why should i not use acne products at day time?

Ah good question, sorry I haven't given you an explanation!! eusa_doh.gif

When you wash your skin with a wash or lotion, it unnaturally dries out the skin, your pores then create more oil which will cause you to breakout is spots!

The skin wasn't designed to be cleansed by all these man-made products - water is 100% natural and you body is made mostly of it!! Water works wonders.

Just give a try, you may find that your skin feels oily in the first few days, and you may get some more spots at first - this is because you skin is so used to washes it is in withdrawel!

After a week you spots will go and your skin will be less dry and will look alot healthier. biggrin.gif

I too have used dozens of products and nothing has worked!! Even BP!! (tho it did work the best out of everything! eusa_whistle.gif )

what?i did not get the part wherein you explained the "washing of the face in the shower"... what should my daily regimen be?your saying that i should not buy facial washes and acne products anymore?instead just drink water?

so no soaps or facial washes anymore???? i'll just wash my face with water with my hands in the shower???how long did you had acne before clearing it totally?

uhuh, just water!! but you HAVE to drink water too!! ALOT

I had it for 5 years... It took me a month to be 100% clear and I mean 100%!!

ah, so water would now be my medicine and facial wash as well??? you said it took you 1 month to clear you skin up?1 month without using any product?just plainly water?but my face is so much oily, so so so mush oily!!! .in just less than an hour after washing my face,i would feel the oiliness on my face. how can i not wash my face without facial wash?

There are few all natural products out there. There are reasons why modern acne is much more sever then it was before. Consumer's are so engrained that chemicals are going to cure their skin. Acne used to be a stage that someone could "grow out of". Vary your diet, understand that certain foods could agravate the skin, whether acne related or not. Drinking water is one of the most essential ways to fight acne. You know your skin better than any derm or any other person. Many times, people comment that you will have an initial breakout because of a certain product, but if it is a topical medication, there shouldn't be an initial breakout, there is no logic to that. Topical medication is a top-bottom product. Speak to a holistic doctor. Honestly, they refuse to use chemicals for any physiological problem. If you are tired of bombarding your skin with harsh chemicals and realize that they have not help the situation, quit using them.

Side note*: Burt's bees makes some incredible all-natural products. A simple bar soap may be enough to help the acne.

so do you think clearasil will be enough?i will not use any products anymore, just my clearasil daily face wash...is that ok? and i'll drink plenty of water

ah, so water would now be my medicine and facial wash as well??? you said it took you 1 month to clear you skin up?1 month without using any product?just plainly water?but my face is so much oily, so so so mush oily!!! .in just less than an hour after washing my face,i would feel the oiliness on my face. how can i not wash my face without facial wash?

i have not yet started using clearasil daily facial wash,im just planning to start with it.naturally,since i was 16 yrs old, now im 23 yrs old, my skin is still very very very oily...so what will i do?

The washes are giving you oily skin!! After a wash your skin will be dry and oil free but then your glands pump it out again, in overdrive!! If you wash with water then afterwards you will still have some oil on your face (which is natural and stops glands producing more) but a hell lot less than when you glands go full whack!! Do u see where we're coming from?? U may want to just start using one wash a day on it's own and see how things go, but u won't get any results as u would with just water!! TRUST!!

how come others (from this forum) would admit that Clearasil is good for them??? i mean i've read someone that she used Clearasil Daily Face Wash (oil free) and it cleared her face up...is the Clearasil you have used that made your acne worse the Daily Facial Wash or the Gel that is used/appiled on the spots? if i'll be using only water to wash my face, how will i able to remove the dirt or the oil from my face???is water enough to remove dirt coming from let's say pollution

you said 10 glasses of water??? my average intake of water is only 3 to 4 liters of water. so i guess i will follow your advise, and i expect to be in the comfort room every now and then. hehehe

im taking "100% whey protein" because im in the gym everyday working out my muscles. will the whey protein contribute to my acne?

Lol, sorry - yeah I have used three dif types of the clearasil wash.. sensitive, oil free and the regular one

None worked evil.gif

I'm glad to hear your gonna drink more IT REALLY WORKS!!

I have ben taking protein shakes too because I work out as well!! 3 times a week... It hasn't affected my acne at all biggrin.gif

And as to your dirt and oil worries... if you wash your face with HOT water you can remove all the oil, just circle your hands round your face, you'll know when the oil is off! Washes don't get rid of dirt, there is hardly any dirt or bacteria allowed in through the skin (the skin is really tough!)... washes open the pores so that bacteria can get in, not out eusa_wall.gif then this bacteria causes a breakout.

In ye olde days people rarely washed at all, think about cavemen!! The body has an automatic cleaning system, all these products just dry us out.

so, ok, i'll really follow your routine, i will only use hot water, and not use the Clearasil, and i'll drink lots of water. by the way, what do you mean my hot water? as in very hot? or not that hot?

as in just hot enough that you can bear it/feel comfortable... I start my shower hotish and then raise the temp a little when i'm used to it.

I'm really pleased your gonna try this, it won't fail you!! But please don't be tempted to use face wash!! If you really feel like you need to put on something, use some bp or antiseptic cream before bed. Keep me posted on your progress.. you should see a remarkable difference after 1 week! biggrin.gif

i will not use any facial wash, i'll just use hot water... thakns so much... i'll inform you regarding the steps you've taught me. thanks.last question, when do you drink water within the day? i mean how many of glases per hour?