Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

I've been a lurker herefor a while and read about the Apple Cider Vinegar method. So I gave it a try about 2 mos. ago and here are my results:

1st day - I loved how my skin felt but not how it smelled. no redness whatsoever.

2nd day - woke up with nice even toned skin and the one painful bump on me forehead was shrinking. face still smelled. Cleansed my skin and applied acv. I got some compliments on my glow and some remarks about smelling rotten apples. They didn't know it was coming from me.

jump to 2 wks later - I swear my indented scars on my cheek were filling in. I checked every possible angle in all sorts of unflattering light. I received numerous compliments on my skin and ppl asked me what miracle product I was using. I was too embarrassed to tell them. I just told them I was taking new vitamins.

I month later - saw my derm for doxy refill for rosescea of the eyes and she asked me what treatment I had and where. She thought I had laser treatment and did not believe me when i told her it was acv. she said she didn't care if i went somewhere else but to at least be honest.

2 moths later - scars 90% better form Apple cider vinegar!! many many compliments on my smooth skin texture. I finally told ppl I was using acv for scars and now my boss is using it for his Tommy Lee Jones type scars and he's noticed improvement after one week. I, too, can see his skin smoothing out.

the only con to this method is the stink and that my lil dog wants to lick my entire face.

So here we have it, an age old remedy that still works for some ppl. I can't tell you how much money i have saved. Now I'm going to Mexico for holiday.

And, THANK YOU MAYA for saving my skin! you will do very well in the skin care field.

well there you have it! lasers are so passe.... :shifty: i will have to try this, am on tazorac and hope the two can go together.

I've been a lurker herefor a while and read about the Apple Cider Vinegar method. So I gave it a try about 2 mos. ago and here are my results:

1st day - I loved how my skin felt but not how it smelled. no redness whatsoever.

2nd day - woke up with nice even toned skin and the one painful bump on me forehead was shrinking. face still smelled. Cleansed my skin and applied acv. I got some compliments on my glow and some remarks about smelling rotten apples. They didn't know it was coming from me.

jump to 2 wks later - I swear my indented scars on my cheek were filling in. I checked every possible angle in all sorts of unflattering light. I received numerous compliments on my skin and ppl asked me what miracle product I was using. I was too embarrassed to tell them. I just told them I was taking new vitamins.

I month later - saw my derm for doxy refill for rosescea of the eyes and she asked me what treatment I had and where. She thought I had laser treatment and did not believe me when i told her it was acv. she said she didn't care if i went somewhere else but to at least be honest.

2 moths later - scars 90% better form Apple cider vinegar!! many many compliments on my smooth skin texture. I finally told ppl I was using acv for scars and now my boss is using it for his Tommy Lee Jones type scars and he's noticed improvement after one week. I, too, can see his skin smoothing out.

the only con to this method is the stink and that my lil dog wants to lick my entire face.

So here we have it, an age old remedy that still works for some ppl. I can't tell you how much money i have saved. Now I'm going to Mexico for holiday.

And, THANK YOU MAYA for saving my skin! you will do very well in the skin care field.

latest update:

My older sister came home for the weekend. she hasn't seen me since Chritmas. As soon as she saw me she scream WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR SKIN? she thought at first i was wearing really goood make-up. i told her what i was using and she couldn't believe it. she thought i had a procedure done like a peel or something. she was floored that a simple kitchen staple could give such results. then my 4 year old cousin came over and asked where all my stars went (zits).

My boss has never been happier. his skin is looking smoother and smoother by the day. his pores sre tight and his skin is eventoned. i can't tell what % his scars are filling in, i can't get that close. but i can see a difference.

unfortunatly another girl at my work does not have good results. she ended up breaking out in monster zits but she ialso just started retin-a as well. so i think it's the retin-a.

I am really amazed by this. i'm waiting to wake up from a dream. not only does the acv help indented scars, but it clears acne and evens out skin tone. I'm so very happy to have found this site and this thread.

p.s. i haven't tried the lemon juice and water because i wear braces and don't want to take chances.

latest update:

I am really amazed by this. i'm waiting to wake up from a dream. not only does the acv help indented scars, but it clears acne and evens out skin tone. I'm so very happy to have found this site and this thread.

update: i tried an organic ACV & i broke out a bit & my skin texture looks rough. so i going bact to heinz brand. too much of a good ting maybe?

my boss' skin looks fab! he's been using ACV every morn. ans nitettime. he's skin jus look so healthy.

unfortunatly, this methd does not work for everyone. my neighbor tried ACV and her skin broke out something wicked. she also thoughtit made her scars look worse. she's not willing to keep goin even if it is a purge.

I'll keep updating.

I've been using organic acv for a couple of weeks now. Skin feels smoother but I think it may be accentuating some scars for me too. Has this happened initially to anyone before they've had improvement? Maybe I should tone down the applications some. Using it in the morning & before bed.

vncvenus,

why would the different brand of acv be any different?

also, what skin type are you?

I wonder if those with different skin types, say dark skinned individuals maybe don't react as well to the acv, as caucasians do?

we should do a survey of the different skin colourings and see if this makes a difference, and what kind of healing the differnet types have gotten from the acv?????.

I'm caucasian. I'm going to stick with the regimen just go easier with it. I've been using the Bioskincare & Bellaplex creams after applying the acv.

I'm caucasian. I'm going to stick with the regimen just go easier with it. I've been using the Bioskincare & Bellaplex creams after applying the acv.

vncvenus,

I wonder if those with different skin types, say dark skinned individuals maybe don't react as well to the acv, as caucasians do?

we should do a survey of the different skin colourings and see if this makes a difference, and what kind of healing the differnet types have gotten from the acv?????.

vncvenus,

I'm very pale skinned. The organic acv was prolly too strong. i'm gonna try diluting it more. I'm really kindof getting sick of the smell of acv....been getting headaches ever since i started. even after a whole day my face still stinks! i'm notsure ifthis is worth it for me.

venus, im very interested in your postings.. keep it coming!!

and btw, does ACV help lighten up skin tone by any chance?

Girlie--I use organic acv diluted about 50/50. Use it morning & night then follow with the creams I mentioned previously. I'm going to start the lemon water regimen too again. I'll use a straw like you. I recommend rinsing your mouth with water after drinking the lemon/water mixture.

Did you have indented/rolling scars or just red marks?

jus 1 or 2 redmarks but mostly indents andthat rolling texture which i hate more than the few indents i have.

[vcnvenus, can you tell us the exact brand of acv that you are using?

i am using cornwells premium apple cider vinegar.

do you think the different brands make much difference?

i think that 85% is absolutely amazing improvement wtihout having to undergo cosmetc procedures!!!!

Wonderful!

by the way, how long use did it take to get the 85% improvement from the acv???

Hi again vcnvenus

sorry to ask another question.

but did you drink the lemon in water to get your 85% improvement, or was it mainly just using the ACV?

I am quite worried about destroying the enamel on my teeth by drinking 8 glasses of water with lemon in it everyday. Although I do use a straw, it will still hit some of teeth.

Hi again vcnvenus

sorry to ask another question.

but did you drink the lemon in water to get your 85% improvement, or was it mainly just using the ACV?

I am quite worried about destroying the enamel on my teeth by drinking 8 glasses of water with lemon in it everyday. Although I do use a straw, it will still hit some of teeth.