Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

Hey JC,

Your method of storing lemon juice sounds convenient, but won't the lemon juice go bad after a while.. even though its in your fridge? Even orange juice from the shelves with preservatives in them have a shelf life, so I'm wondering if during the 1 month period, the lemon juice might change a bit.

BTW, I just started on the Vinegar and so far things look very promising. I have since put my HA serum on hold because the Vinegar looks to be doing more for my skin.

I don't know this for a fact but I'm guessing the principle here is PH balancing? You want something highly alkaline on the outside and something very acidic on the inside? Maybe someone with better knowledge can post what the basic principle of the vinegar and lemon juice would be.

HI Kiutiboi:

Since you been doing the vinegar for one year. Tell us if it improved red or brown acne spots, or superficial scars. I was wondering if it does, then it has bleaching effects. How does it do it? Does it improve uneven facial tone. I see like slighly white spots...So far my red marks has improved but if i see very closely my facial tone is very uneven. I been doing for 3 months. I rested for one week and i am back currently using Heiz. I know the cheapest one.

1 month?!?!? It defintely doesn't last a month! lol. 1-2 weeks at most.

The lemons actually turn alkaline when ingested and processed. Look up the pH thingie in the diet forum.

I wanna use HA on the skin too! ANy good? :-k

ManicDepression wrote

kiutiboi

yeah i agree about the hot water, i didnt try yet, but it must make the vinegar penetrate deeper in the skin. How much improvement have you got on your scars so far with vinegar?

I presume it is exactly what you say.Cotton ball soaked through diluted vinegar in hot water makes your skin absorbs it better.I've tried several times with cold water and defintely it won't give me the results i have with hot watter , at least for my skin.

HI Kiutiboi:

Since you been doing the vinegar for one year. Tell us if it improved red or brown acne spots, or superficial scars. I was wondering if it does, then it has bleaching effects. How does it do it? Does it improve uneven facial tone

Sincerely i can't predict if apple cider vinegar will be the exact cure or improvement method for your particular case,BUT i can tell you that it DOES give your skin a healthy-skin color.In my case, my skin is a combo of red and brown and icepick marks, you know all those mixed up sounds like a crappy skin uh? but i went for a dermabrassion a few years ago and altough my skin got better definetely, it sure shows acne marks.I know and a mirror always reminds me that.I tried egg mask, yolk mask,you name it , i tried it!.I wasn't quite happy with my skin.Marks were still noticeable.To make this story short,one day, i found this forum and soon after a thread that Maya posted about apple cider vinegar.I remembered i had tried that, i even thought not to try it but i recalled back when i tried vinegar method i hadn't diluted it and got rid of it in my face as soon as i smelled it.So i gave it a chance and guess what? It worked.My skin complexion is far better than before.Pores tend to be finer.Red marks tend to be pinkish but not in a ugly way , i mean it is noticeable but not in a horrible way like before.Brown marks tended to be clearer and over all , it gives you a bleaching tone.Also, I can tell you that i ve tried AHA acids which gives you similar results.Great products and altough it can suit better for some people , I stick to my cheap $USD 2 bottle of apple cider vinegar.

As I mentioned before,you will have to learn when to pause and stop using vinegar for some days or using it every other day because your skin can't be exposed to a constant exfoliating method.But when you had learned that and complemented with other things like healthy nutrition,sports,no stress, I am sure you will get excellent results.

I hope I helped you

Kiutiboi

are you supposed to break out intially after using ACV? I've started to use it for around a week and some spots have broken out and enlarged/reddened? is this supposed to happen

ok i read the 1st 11 pages of this thread and my eyes began to hurt so ill do it the easy way. biggrin.gif

how do i fit the vinegar treatment into dans regime ?

ok i read the 1st 11 pages of this thread and my eyes began to hurt so ill do it the easy way. biggrin.gif

Question: does the ACV method produce permanent results or is it more like a toner, keeping your skin looking better for as long as you use it?

(maybe a little of the former, but mostly the latter?)

I incorporated the ACV into the regimen beautifully and my skin is looking better each day.

I wash my face, watit 15 minutes then apply the ACV all over my face (I use it straight) then wait another 15 minutes then apply a generous portion of Dans BP Gel wait 15 minutes then apply the moisturizer.

It wonderful and altho' it sounds VERY Time consuming I do stuff in between the 15 minute waits (dishes, laundry..ya' know all that fun stuff...lol)

Aurelia

Question: does the ACV method produce permanent results or is it more like a toner, keeping your skin looking better for as long as you use it?

hello...i was like reading and skipping a few pages to find exactly what i was looking for and cant find it so ill ask. tho this post sounds brilliant. sorry but i dont mean fo you ppl to right it over again.

1. what does the lemon drink do? and what does the vingar face wash do? im looking for a treatment that will reduce some redspots i have on my face. its not major but its still invisble from a distance. which would you recommend the best vingar, lemon or both?

2. can i use pure white vingar from a bottle which you you on food? when your mean diluted you mean in a liquid right? if not then how is ACV sold? a liquid or in cyrstals? and you can buy this any food store? im kinda confuse on this...dont laugh

3. can this traetment damage your face if there are no results?

4. im also confuse on this. you wash your face then apply the vingar water then what? leave it for 5 mins then wash it off or leave it over night and day with the smell on your face?

thanks

Kevin

Vinegar and Lemon are mild acids. The red marks are disappearing because the acid is gently removing skin.

In response to the hot water and vinegar application being absorbed better: When you apply the hot water it is equivalent to steaming your face in that you are opening your pores up.

The upside is that it will result in better absorbtion of the vinegar. The downside is that your pores will be left widen which leaves room for dirt to enter. So youd need to make sure to close it using cold water or an astringent. However, by doing this, it would wash off the vinegar you just applied.

If you wait for a while for the vinegar to soak in, it may leave the pores open, allowing dirt to enter the pores.

Hey maya,

okay please tell me if i should do this or not, or if i can do this.

Morning-Wash face with cleanser. while damp. Put (how much) vinegar on to face.(can be diluted).

after vinegar is dry, put On The Spot.

Evening. Shower at 7pm, before dinner. while showering, do cleanser. After cleanser and showering, While damp put (how much) vinegar.(Again?).

After dinner, before sleep, wash face, then put On the Spot.

*Throughout the day, Drink 8 glass of water, with lemon.

Please tell me if this is good. Thanx in advance

Hey,

Started the lemon regime a few days ago, and started the vinegar method last night. Realised that I don't actually have all that many active spots, just that my face is plagued with lots of red marks from acne cysts over the years.

I'm 19 now, have had spots since mid-teens, but last year I started breaking out into acne cysts. First only had spots around my chin, either side of my mouth and my nose. Last year, I started developing them on my forehead. I've never had much breakout on my cheeks (touch wood), which I've always found strange. I've got a few questions:

1) I'm using the lemon juice from one of those plastic squirt bottles, which you normally use for adding flavour to things like pancakes. Is this okay, or should I exchange it for good old fresh lemon?

2) I used Malt vinegar (straight from our kitchen) last night, and it really did sting when I applied it. First washed my face using soap, then dabbed on some vinegar (on a dry face) with a cotton pad. Anything I cxan improve here, apart from switching to the cider vinegar?

3) If I'm following the method twice daily, just wondering how long it will take to get some visible results? What will change in a week?

4) I've cut out fizzy drinks, and now just drink water, water and lemon juice, or fruit squash. Wondering if normal supermarket bought, diluted squash will have the same effect as just water on its own? Also, I've eliminated milk from my diet (after reading some posts here), but has anyone seen any results from doing that?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

I've got a few questions:

1) I'm using the lemon juice from one of those plastic squirt bottles, which you normally use for adding flavour to things like pancakes. Is this okay, or should I exchange it for good old fresh lemon?

2) I used Malt vinegar (straight from our kitchen) last night, and it really did sting when I applied it. First washed my face using soap, then dabbed on some vinegar (on a dry face) with a cotton pad. Anything I cxan improve here, apart from switching to the cider vinegar?

3) If I'm following the method twice daily, just wondering how long it will take to get some visible results? What will change in a week?

4) I've cut out fizzy drinks, and now just drink water, water and lemon juice, or fruit squash. Wondering if normal supermarket bought, diluted squash will have the same effect as just water on its own? Also, I've eliminated milk from my diet (after reading some posts here), but has anyone seen any results from doing that?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Hey maya,

okay please tell me if i should do this or not, or if i can do this.

Morning-Wash face with cleanser.  while damp.  Put (how much) vinegar on to face.(can be diluted).

after vinegar is dry, put On The Spot.

Evening.  Shower at 7pm, before dinner.  while showering, do cleanser.  After cleanser and showering,  While damp put (how much) vinegar.(Again?). 

After dinner, before sleep, wash face, then put On the Spot.

*Throughout the day, Drink 8 glass of water, with lemon.

Please tell me if this is good.  Thanx in advance

Tried the Vinegar Method tonight for the first time....didnt feel any burning but my skin feels really tight and I can see lots of peeling....assuming its drying out too much, so Im using lots and lots of moisturizer. If I use too much moisturizer can it actually hurt my skin ??

Also, my acne is 95% gone but Im left with many many Red marks all over my skin, anywhere the acne used too be. They're mostly fairly small but very visibly close up, fairly red, but flat and just as smooth as the rest of my skin. Think the Vinegar method + Lemon Juice will help this over time???? (im also using Dan's BP Gel and Neutrogena SPF 15 Moisturizer)

hey guys, I've been on the vinegar treatment for about 3 days, don't really see any difference, but I do have a question. Does the vinegar treatment work for red/dark spots that pimples leave behind? Cuz I have those and I'm just slapping it on like aftershave.