Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

Hey jc

What kind of improvement did you have with vinegar? like fading the red marks and filling some scars? how much did you improve? and for how long did you do it? Did you start with diluted then switched to undiluted + aspirin?

It s a lot of questions but I m asking you cuz you seem really satisfied with the vinegar method.

What kind of improvement did you have with vinegar? like fading the red marks and filling some scars? how much did you improve? and for how long did you do it? Did you start with diluted then switched to undiluted + aspirin?

It s a lot of questions but I m asking you cuz you seem really satisfied with the vinegar method.

What good would the aspirin do?  How would you put it in? 

Leave the vinegar on a cotton pad? You mean...leave it on your skin for say...5 minutes? Actually, some ppl have been doing that to spot treat whiteheads and certain areas. They say that it helps to dry it up.

It shouldn't do any harm leaving it on. Just so long as you're used to the vinegar and not a newbie. Take it slow.

In my kitchen I got 'Distilled Malt Vinegar' and it looks totally clear like water, is this okay to use? I tried it diluted today and didn't get much irritation, but will dafinitly get ACV tommorro.

^I'm not sure about that one Ono. The malt vinegar I have is really dark, and most other ones are dark as well. Most important thing is that it has 5% acetic acid I believe. Your best bet would be to get ACV. It's so cheap anyways! smile.gif

Hi everybody, i m new here.... currently i m using the vinegar method but yet to see any result.

Have u guys heard of Dermasponge? #-o some kind of home dermabrasion i think..... Anybody use it before that can share the experiences?

Cheer

Have u guys heard of Dermasponge?  #-o some kind of home dermabrasion i think..... Anybody use it before that can share the experiences?

Ive been using the ACV for almost two weeks now. and I can defintly see my skin having a better tone, its smoother and I can see some of the scars in a diffrent way...hard to explain but my cheeks look better.

Plus it dries out the zits so fast.

hm.. so the diluted ACV would basically be same as a toneR?

im using the Perricone reg right now.. and the toner isnt doing a whole bunch on my face yet..

if i was to do the ACV method.. could i just apply the ACV and then the TONER from perricone reg?.. or would that cause .. breakouts ](*,)

^yes you can squeeze a lemon if you wish. Better to get organic of course, but regular lemons are fine. They're fairly cheap...just get them at your supermarket.

What I do is I squeeze a whole slew of lemons and fill up a bottle and that's my stash that I use for almost a whole month. I just drop some lemon juice (and bits) from my lemon bottle into warm water. Others use the juice from lemon concentrate, but I'm not sure how effective that is.

Maya, did you see the improvements of your friend lately ?  (the girl that told you about vinegar)

I hadnt entered this forum for a while.I see new posters in this thread.I just wanted to add that i am a fan of apple cider vinegar and i've been using consistently for almost a year.

This long period of usage brings obviously some knowledge that i'd like to share with newbies to apple cider vinegar.

Disclaimer: Every skin is diiferent so take this carefully.

1.I've noticed greater results when vinegar is mixed in hot water and then applied all over your face.

2.Your skin reaches a period of time when it gets tired of apple cider vinegar.So you'd better try not to use it daily for long periods.At the beginning i was currently using it every day, then my skin reached that period of "i am sick of vinegar.stop it", because it went extremely read when i aplied it all over.I I am currently using it every other day.

3.One part vinegar One part hot water is not recommended.Maybe You should try 1 Vinegar / 4 Hot water and see how it works on you.From that point you will know if you can tolerate more concetrated solution or dilute it even more.

I hope I helped some of you.

Kiutiboi

I know this is safe to use with other topicals, but what about topicals that include antibioitcs? Im currently taking a shower (Dove for face), using vinegar (undiluted) when I come out as a toner then applying Benzamycin (3% Erythromicn, 5% Benzol Peroxide).... too strong? My face is redder than usual, but I think thats the initial reaction of the B topical.

Yeah same!

I used to use undiluted vinegar fine and it was great, but Im using Benzamycin (BP + Erythro) and my skin is now much redder and sensitive...

I think we need to start diluting the vinegar