Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

Is it ok if I use distilled white vinegar as opposed to apple cider vinegar. ACV's smell is unbearable. Hopefully someone experienced on the topic could help me out, thanks.

-Mikey p

Is it ok if I use distilled white vinegar as opposed to apple cider vinegar.  ACV's smell is unbearable.  Hopefully someone experienced on the topic could help me out, thanks.

-Mikey p

yea hello im new to this site and last night i came across ur viniger lemon treatment then i went to the store and got some and started up on it just to see if this works. mostly what i have are some uneven shallow pitted skin and some old red marks on my skin from old acne 7years old to date what i wanted to ask u guys is i also scheduled an appointment with dr rapport for a consulation im thinking he might perform a subcision and i will end up wasting well over a thousand dollers there easy and maybe a second procedure. should i just stick to this vinigar treatment for the next month or so and see if it does the trick or should i just go to the doc and empty my wallet out pretty fast which im willing to do if the results are great. but after hearing how this worked for that girl im tempted to just do this and only kill 1doller thanx? #-o

Ray - definately do some less invasive methods before sepnding big bucks.

Cheap methods:

Vinegar

tape method

mandelic

lactic peels

TCA complex and microcrystals cystals

Someone mentioned that lemons can cause tooth cavities. I like to drink a cup of water/lime/sugar daily. We all know how acidic is lime. Do you think i am overdoing it and hurting my teeth enamel? I guess i should stop, is that i just like this stuff so much and is healthy as well. I will try the lemon regimen

Hows the vinegar and lemon juice for oilyness? I notice that acne acne (slighty cystic) leaves red marks which turn purple and then take forever to go away. My face also is very oily and shiney. Will this help me with oilyness as well as my scars?

i just went to pathmark and got some malt vinegar but this one has wine in it and it even smells like it when i opend it i want to go with malt cause from what i read here it seems to have slightly better results but the store i went to only had that one do they have another one that doesnt have wine in it or does all malt vinegar have wine in it?. well also ive been on this since tuesday night it's sunday now and yes im actually seeing improvement on scars and it's early on so im thinking maybe in a month or 2 i'll see vast improvment hopefully

Someone mentioned that lemons can cause tooth cavities. I like to drink a cup of water/lime/sugar daily.  We all know how acidic is lime. Do you think i am overdoing it and hurting my teeth enamel? I guess i should stop, is that i just like this stuff so much and is healthy as well. I will try the lemon regimen

I am writing desperately because I try the vinegar method, last night (i have try it 2 days prior) but this time, I think I may have used too much. I wash my face with water and then rub the vinegar with a cotton ball. I probably rub too much. My face looks red, really red and stinging. I have never looked like this before, I have dark skin,(latino, sort of like thailand people skin). Well, now i am burned, please what do you recommend to put rapidly. It's 9:30 am(sunday), tomorow i have to go to work and don't want to go like this. Should i go ahead and wash with my repechage products.

Here is the link of products i am using, I have posted in the over the counter medications. I am novice in this, please help me

thank you

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=16878

when i burnt my skin by waxing whilst on accutane, I used aqueous cream to cure the burns - its really cheap and comes in a nice large, value tub and is available from the pharmacy/chemist - i got mine from tescoes - however it took about a week to heal completley, but was great as didnt leave any scars

My husband and I have both noticed quite a lot of improvement on some of my rolling scars. I have been using the vinegar method for six months.

The biggest change is when I look into car windows. I used to see large indents, now I can see only slight indents and one scar is level with other skin. I skipped using for several weeks and I think it was good as my skin started to appear smoother at that point. Now I am using again daily.

I think that the vinegar has helped with clearing up my cystic acne also.

My husband still complains about the smell. But a small price to pay.

Jane- thanks for sharing. I have lot's of rolling scars and have started vinegar a few weeks ago. I'm doing it along with my smoothbeam treatments.

pyro123- I dilute it with distilled water to half. It hasn't been burning me that much now. I noticed for me, that the redness doesn't last to long.

I'm glad to see that so many out there are being helped by the vinegar, but unfortunately it never worked for me. I noticed it made my face itch and I also developed a hives-like rash on my neck. I was using it as a face bath. I would fill the basin with hot water, pour the apple cider vinegar in, and then splash the combo over my face, 15 or 20 times. I tried this for several weeks, but in the end, the rash proved to be too much. (I had earlier tried applying the apple cider vinegar to my face, straight-up, on a moistened cotton pad, but that was way too strong and besides, the smell was rank.)

When you say you use one part 1 and what part vinegar, what do you mean? Do you just fill a bottle with half water then half vinegar and shake? Then do you just keep using the same diluted bottle until it runs out.

When you say you use one part 1 and what part vinegar, what do you mean? Do you just fill a bottle with half water then half vinegar and shake? Then do you just keep using the same diluted bottle until it runs out.

I have been starting up on the vinegar/lemon water method for a little while now. I was hoping someone can tell me w/ some experience, is this just good for scars or is it also helpful for acne itself. That is my main problem and nothing seems to work. Just lots of bad acne, well I guess there is no good acne. Anyway, look foward to some helpful insight. peace

mbphv7

I think it's also very good for acne as it balances the PH levels on the face. I have also been reading good reports from people who are treating their acne from a sea-salt solution.

Get some sea salt (any good food store should carry it), dilute a little in water and rub all over face and let it dry .. do this twice a day.

Another option is to dilute an asprin in the vinegar and dab on spots.

Both seem to work very well and cost next to nothing..

But.. I will still say that diet plays a large role in acne.