Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

I'm really not sure if it will. Seems as though it could although I think retin-a , even a mild version would almost certainly. They even have generic retin-a now so on a decent insurance plan a large tube is 10$.

On my plan anyway. I must say I think I tried this method alot later than most here cause I just found this site around a month ago. Anyway, My worst scar on my face has seen around a 30-40% difference. I also irritated it to the point it looked very bad for a few days. At first it seemed only the skin around the scar was reddened. Then the skin around it kinda scabbed-- then healed and seriously the scar looks like it has shrunk. It's almost hard to notice now from a bit of a distance. I'm going to keep it up but as far as the more aggressive approach I took-- well I took a chance and it did help. Not sure I'd do it again though. Was kinda worried for a few days. I'm also not the kind of person to claim results when there arent any. I even took a few pics after i irritated the area on my digital. Will compare in a few months. The only bad thing im noticing is my skin looks a bit cracked in a few areas. Just surface but this is someone with moderately oily skin. Hopefull it'll bounce back from that after I get a new humidifier. good luck

i've been applying white vinegar with a cotton ball morning and night for about 4 days so far. i think its making me break out! is this happening to anyone else? i think my skin gets pissed off when i keep putting all these different things on it (:))

ive noticed that after using natural peels and this vinegar method, my skin has become paler, is it alright to use sunless tanning lotion for my face? and are there and known side effects for this?

NolanDW - yes it works on brown marks, i had one dat is pretty much gone on the side of me nose. i got it jus before i strated the vinegar treatment.

but it depends on ur skin colour and wat vinergar you use.

for example i have a taned brown colour skin so i use a mixture of apple cidar vinegar and distilled malt vinegar.

i mix it together to a colour lighter then my own complection so that i lighten up my dark marks rather than jus put on distilled malt vinegar, which will lihten my skin too much.

good luck!

MAYA WHERE U AT GAL!

tell us how it been goin and let us no about ur gal friend result, her marks and scars must all be gone now. how long she been using now?

peace!

It took me at least 4 hours to do it, but I just read all 56 pages of this thread. =D>

I walked to the store today and bought a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar, and picked some lemons from my tree in the backyard. I just put ACV on my face with a cotton ball while my face was still wet, and squeezed some lemon juice into my water bottle. I am hoping that this truly works, thank everyone for their posts!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Hmm... :-k I tried dabbing some white vinegar on my skin yesterday, I couldn't feel anything (not sure if I have a thick skin or not :) ). Cause I read some say they experience burning, tingling, etc....

Also- I was actually thinking about this before Bubbles post. I think it's a good idea to edit some of the posts on this thread because man..56 pages is pretty damn long to go through, even my final term paper is only half that! :D

Nothing too much to edit, just erasing duplicate questions...or replies like "thanks"...etc...so pretty much editing without sacrificing the content.

Do you agree Maya/Oursfan? I'm only moderating the lounge for now. If you agree- you can persuade Dan to add me here :D

I understand what you are saying Obi, but there is a lot of good information here. Frankly, I wouldn't know where to begin with it. Maya started this thread and so I will defer to her on this.

Also, if you read the FAQ at the very top of the Scar Board it has the answers to some of the basic questions about this method. We definitely encourage people to read all of the FAQ so that questions are not repeated as often. :)

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Thanks Tamara...no problem just a suggestion :)

I'm checking that FAQ now :D

I think it's a good idea to edit some of the posts on this thread because man..56 pages is pretty damn long to go through, even my final term paper is only half that! :)

Nothing too much to edit, just erasing duplicate questions...or replies like "thanks"...etc...so pretty much editing without sacrificing the content.

Do you agree Maya/Oursfan? I'm only moderating the lounge for now. If you agree- you can persuade Dan to add me here :D

I understand what you mean, but I think it's important to keep threads intact even if a few of the posts aren't useful - the main details are on the first few pages anyway, so it's uneccesary to read the whole post. And then the FAQ has the summary of this method.

I was the only moderator on this board a while back but felt I needed some back-up from someone who has a lot of experience with dealing with scars (not just red marks) and I asked Dan to add Tamara/Oursfan as joint mod with me. Personally, I don't think too many mods on one board is a good idea, nothing personal.

Recently I asked Dan to take me off as mod for the Lounge board because It wasn't really a place I visited too much - and Mercer was doing such a great job anyway.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

No problem Maya. Just thought you and Oursfan needed some extra hands :)

I've tried it off and on for a week now. I bought 5 percent undistilled organic apple cider vinegar and have been putting it on with a cotton pad. I find that it irritates my skin a lot, and actually makes me break out, and makes my skin oily. Has anybody had this as well? Has anybody diluted even the 5 percent mixture? I think i'm going to have to do that.

Maya hows the vinegar treatment goin wid u and ur mate at college?

I still use it every day - hasn't shown to improve my deep pits but it does seem to help to keep my skin smooth and that's good in itself. It also works as a brilliant toner! I still use it diluted.

My mate is doing really well - if you didn't know her 1 year ago, you would now look at her face and think she just had a few cute freckles!! That's how amazing it has been for her. Guess everyone reacts differently, she looks really great. It's been close on to 9 months/a year for her with this method.

Maya,

Just wondering what type of scarring your friend that introduced you to the vinegar method had... was it similar to scaredofscars' pics on his thread "newb needs help"?

Thanks!

I used distilled apple cider vinegar without further diluting it with water. Just wash my face with it and left it on my face. After my face dries up, I apply my topical treatment.

Works very well! My face is going to clear up pretty soon. It really helps with shallow scars and acne. I can see very visible results after 3 days. But the vinegar didn't reduce the oiliness of my face though...

Maya,

Just wondering what type of scarring your friend that introduced you to the vinegar method had... was it similar to scaredofscars' pics on his thread "newb needs help"?

Thanks!

I started using organic apple cider vinegar about 3 weeks ago, and my skin has definitely been showing improvement. Initially it caused me to break out, but I think it's because it brings all the bacteria to the surface. Maya's right though, it acts great as an exfoliant. It's just too bad my bathroom and face smells like an old dirty sock :) .

Hi can anyone tell me if this Lemon and Vinegar method can be used while on Ro-accutane. :-k

Probably not.