Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Free (ish) Scar Treatment!! (Vinegar and Lemon Method)

Ok...2 questions...first: Do you put the vinegar all over your face or just on the problem areas. Second: HOW DO YOU STAND THE SMELL?!?!?! I haven't even put it on my face yet and it REEKS! lol! Thanx for the info...

Ok...2 questions...first: Do you put the vinegar all over your face or just on the problem areas. Second: HOW DO YOU STAND THE SMELL?!?!?! I haven't even put it on my face yet and it REEKS! lol!

Yes, all over my entire face!! It certainly does reek. The apple cider is worse than the white vinegar. You don't notice the smell after a few minutes. Hope nobody else does either!! 8-[

I am getting used to it. If it works, it is well worth the stench!!!!!

Well, it reeked. I kept in on for 20 minutes 'n had to take it off....first off because it stunk and second, the mixture of that and aloe vera were making my face stick to my pillow....EEEWWW!!!! Lol!

I got white vinegar today - its 'Distilled Malt Vinegar'. Its the same acidity - 5%. I thought that white vinegar was stronger?

Don't know if thats the same strength tomato. But if you're feeling adventurous, why not go the full way and apply some turpentine? Let us know how u get on....I start my kerosene treatment next week by the way - don't know if it'll work or not, but it'll sure make one hell of a conversation piece.

hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have had more success with the lemon/vinegar method than with gylcolic/lactic acid peels for pigmented scars, or do you use them just cuz they're cheaper? thanks.

hi everyone,izzit ok to use the vinegar straight frm the bottle?cuz i dun understand why must we mixed with water, izzit due to irritation?what i do is use those facial cotton dab with vinegar straight frm the bottle than apply like toner,im using a apple cider vinegar for i week plus with no irritation and no result yet.should i mix with water or continue with what im doin now?

soleil - both work! I think Glycolic can be quite irritating to use long term though ... diluted vinegar seems to help because it's something you can do daily - so it is a continual exfoliation.

Keith - you will probably get faster results using it neat - some people get irritation that's why it's good to dilute - so just continue with waht works for you.

Your face should turn slightly red immediately after applying the vinegar but it should fade after a couple of minutes. If it is still red a good while after then i would suggest diluting it with water. Or gravy. No, actually, just stick with water.

It took about 2 hrs to make me look like I wasn't completely sunburned, and it's still sorta red. The vinegar I'm using is already diluted some...about half 'n half. So, I think i might just stick to it at night or try something else. GRRR... ](*,)

it seems difficult to believe so simple will get you rid of rolling acne scars. I have near perfect skin. The only problem area is a small area on my left jaw where i have the wavy like skin(shallow).And maybe in this little wavy skin i have maybe just 4 indented mainly broad and shallow and the edges are not rough thanks to a microdermabrasion session...I was wondering shall i try this? or do you think 1 or 2 sessions of subsicion and after 2 n-lite laser treatments will give me more benefits?

i'm on the same dilemmaas just like fireboy.I'm getting excellent results from vinegar and now i'm reconsidreing go for nlite at this moment (not in the future) because it's usd 1200 for a treatment for all your face (this price i took from www.marinaplasticsurgery.com- by the way? any comments about this clinic?) and i'm pretty sure this costs will go down in short time.

kiuti

it seems difficult to believe so simple will get you rid of rolling acne scars. I have near perfect skin. The only problem area is a small area on my left jaw where i have the wavy like skin(shallow).And maybe in this little wavy skin i have maybe just 4 indented mainly broad and shallow and the edges are not rough thanks to a microdermabrasion session...I was wondering shall i try this? or do you think 1 or 2 sessions of subsicion and after 2 n-lite laser treatments will give me more benefits?

I would certainly try the vinegar first. Maybe just use it on your problem area. I had lumpy bumpy rolling skin and the vinegar showed great results in only 2 weeks!! My complexion is now smooth except for the remaining indented scars(which look much better). If it doesn't work for you, then I would turn to the big $$ methods for the results you want.

hey all.. i diluted the vinegar in some water and dabbed it on with a cotton ball. my skin feels a bit stiff on the on the cheeks.... anyway thanks lot maya.

Heya,

I've been using the vinegar for about a week now. I diluted it to start, then decided to use it straight (on a wet face though). It stings for about 20 seconds, but nothing major and it's fine. However, and this might sound strange, around my eyes is all red. And I don't put vinegar near my eyes.. do you think it could be a vinegar fumes ? Just below my eyebrows and on the corners of my eyes, the skin is slightly red, looks a little sunburnt (however it's the middle of winter : P).

I use BP, too.. but not near my eyes and I haven't noticed my eyes reddening when using the BP before.. So do you think it's the vinegar ? And is there any way to prevent it, without having to stop the vinegar method ?

Thanks !

Gemm: It sounds like it could be irritation from the vinegar/fumes from the vinegar. I tried it straight and my eyes stung pretty bad so I determined that I needed to dilute it. I would try to dilute the vinegar and see if that helps. Be careful!

oursfan he says its around his eyes and not his actualy eye it self... My eyes sting when i apply the vinegar because of the fumes, but that is natura because it is a strong acid, me thinks.

sirex: I understand that he said it's around his eyes, not actually the eye itself, but it stands to reason that if he hasn't had this problem before using the vinegar - that's probably what is causing it.

Hrmm.. I'm a girl by the way, hehe, so less of the 'he' and more of the 'she' ! ; )

I didn't vinegar last night or this morning, but it's really tempting especially when I notice some marks have gotten lighter.. -frustrated- So yea, I might go back to diluting it again..

My eyes aren't really red at the moment, just around them has gotten dry and flaking.. a bit like after you're sunburnt.. guess the vinegar fumes somehow managed to burn my eyes ?

Crazy !

Thanks for replies : )

I get that flaking too but i wasnt sure if it was the vinegar or not. To get rid of it, I just moisturise the area. I use aloe vera cream and that works pretty well for me.

i used apple vinegar for about 3 or 4 weeks, then stopped cos i got a breakout, but it wasnt from the vinegar, it was the sand and the climate and all, everytime i travel i get abreakout, it was small and lasted for 2 weeks, but i was afraid of using vinegar and after a month of not using it i retook the treatment, and the improvement i got at first didnt fade, i mean, it is permanent, ive been again on the treatment for about 4 days and hope it gets better!

How is using Vinegar compared to Mandelic Acid or Kojic Acid? Does it work the same way...is any of these three better than the rest?

Basically, Does vinegar work as well as Mandelic or Kojic acid at removing red blotch marks and hyperpigmentation from old acne marks?

Greatly awaiting a reply!!

Thanks!!!!

:?