Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antony

Vitamin E on Accutane

Some people think that taking vitamin E 400-800 IU daily while on Accutane is an excellent way to minimize the likelihood and severity of such side-effects as dry eyes and hair loss.

Others believe that taking vitamin E actually limits the effectiveness of Accutane and so while it may help alleviate dryness it is ultimately counterproductive.

What do you think?

Actually, it depends on the individual. For instance, several members of Acne.Org have great luck with Vitamin E while on Accutane but for others, like Unlucky Guy and myself, it seemed to aggravate our acne. I took (and continue to take) Evening Primrose Oil during my treatment and I think he did the same.

Either way, I have not seen or read any evidence supporting a theory that Vitamin E or any other vitamin or supplement really reduces the effectiveness of Accutane. As long as people aren’t popping Vitamin A, they should be fine taking anything they like.