Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smoyle127

In need of some support...

Yeah, yeah, I know all you hear from me is "I had such great success with Accutane, now I'm clear as a bell, blah, blah, blah."

Well, lately, I've been getting pop-ups on my forehead, and now even on my cheeks and nose. They aren't big or anything, but small pop-ups, and I fear I'm on the virge of a relapse. I've only been off Accutane for about 2 months, and my mom was clear for FIVE years after her first treatment, and I have only been happily clear for about a month. My mom says this may just be a 'breakout' period, but in my mind, I doubt that. It's coming back. Because I've been using Neutrogena Acne Wash and Clearasil Ultra for some spots but it continues coming back. It's overtaking me once again. I want to go on Accutane again as soon as I can, but I know both my mom and dermatologist will be hesitant.

Am I jumping the gun? Or do I have a valid concern?

Guest Shjaker

I'm not an Accutane user and never have been... but maybe you should use an acne regimen before it may get out of control. Ya know, kind of get it while it's mild?

If you're honestly worried it's on the rebound, maybe you should use some BP to just prevent breakouts. I've learned that BP can be acne's best friend. Hoo-rah!

I hope you haven't been picking eusa_eh.gif

Good luck with that ^_^ I'm glad accutane worked for you! Hopefully the rest of us will be able to say the same someday.

I am on sort of a regimen...I use Neutrogena Daily Acne Oil-Free Wash...morning and night...and was using Clearasil Ultra, but I may stop using that because I have a feeling that may be making it worse. And I haven't been picking. And wrt to BP, Clearasil Ultra has 10% BP in it...so maybe I shouldn't stop. AHHHHHHHHHHH. So confused!

Guest Shjaker

Well... I use AcneFree. O_O; 3 step program, buyable at Wal-Mart, works best on mild cases I find. The first few weeks kinda suck but I found it overall works.

You can look it up on product ratings on here if you want. I think you're definitely going to need some kind of washing thing.

Ugh >_o I hate Clearasil and those products. I used to use OXY products. eusa_sick.gif

dude mine came back also but not as bad. I doubt they will let you back on accutane if it is as mild as you make it sound. There is no way I can get back on accutane, because mine is not severe enough. I know if I coul djust go on another 6 months that after I probably won't ever get acne again. BTW I THINK I LOVE YOU SMOYLE BECAUSE I AM OBSESSED WITH THE EAGLES AND WILL BE FOREVER. ONE CITY, ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM

dude mine came back also but not as bad.  I doubt they will let you back on accutane if it is as mild as you make it sound.  There is no way I can get back on accutane, because mine is not severe enough.  I know if I coul djust go on another 6 months that after I probably won't ever get acne again.  BTW I THINK I LOVE YOU SMOYLE BECAUSE I AM OBSESSED WITH THE EAGLES AND WILL BE FOREVER.  ONE CITY, ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM

Hey, I've been off accutane for about 3 months and I'm getting a few, very small zits. I really don't want to go back on accutane, so for now I'm just using BP and Tazorac (note: I applied it and left it on all night and in the morning I peeled off my entire face, ouch! I think it drew other unseen pimples to face too). I hate lip zits. eusa_wall.gif

Well, my face is looking better today...it always seems that it looks the worst at night, or after coming in from playing basketball. So, maybe it's not as bad as I think. I also decided that I'm going to start drinking more water!

I had a tiny flare-up coming off of Tane, as well. It went away, so dont lose hope. Try using a really low percent BP. I occasionally use 2.5%, and it works pretty awesome.