Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been taking B5 for two days now, on the third...and jeeze, my urine looks like a fluorescent highlighter. Anyone know why? I know it is a result of B5, just curious what the B5 does to cause my mountain dew pee.

I've been taking B5 for two days now, on the third...and jeeze, my urine looks like a fluorescent highlighter. Anyone know why? I know it is a result of B5, just curious what the B5 does to cause my mountain dew pee.

ur pissing out the extra b5, drink more water, because the extreme color of your urine is a sign that your body needs more water to clean out ur kidneys

I take vitamin B complex every morning...it also turns the urine fluorescent yellow, only after a few hours after taking it...then the color returns to normal later on in the day.

I would like to know, is the yellow color natural to B vitamins, or is it some kind of added color? anyone know this???

I really believe if you're taking B5, you should drink enough water so that your pee is not that color anymore. The extra calcium in d-calcium pantothenate (b5) can be tough on your kidneys. After I stopped taking b5, I took lots of kidney herbs and drank lots of lemon juice. BTW, I quit b5 when I started getting stabbing stomach pains. I think water is VERY important while on B5... and LOTS of it.

yeah, sometimes it will be very yellow even if you drink plenty of water, b5 or not.

I know exactly what you mean by that color. It definitely looks like highlighter sometimes. I often get it persistently before I get sick.

How many pills are you taking a day? FOr me personally, I don't think it's effective to take a lot of pills that your body doesn't need because it's just going to eliminate it anywayz. I think you should take the amount of B5 that your body needs so you are not wasting it in your pee. I only take about 500mg (2 pills) a day and that works great for me and plus my pee is mostly clear. So i recommand you reduce the amount of pills you are taking.

How many pills are you taking a day? FOr me personally, I don't think it's effective to take a lot of pills that your body doesn't need because it's just going to eliminate it anywayz.  I think you should take the amount of B5 that your body needs so you are not wasting it in your pee. I only take about 500mg (2 pills) a day and that works great for me and plus my pee is mostly clear. So i recommand you reduce the amount of pills you are taking.

old thread, but I came across it again

I've noticed my pee isn't so yellow if I take vitamins with food like the labels say. They are absorbed better, I suppose.

When I first Started B5 pills my urine was normal but when i took B5 Complex 100 2 pills daily my urine started to be very yellow-green !!

Every morning my Urine is a very dark YELLOW Color and i usually drink about 4-6 L of water daily and its still a bit greenish yellow usually if i were to drink this much water my pee would just be white afterwards!!

Hopefully this is good my doctor told me it's good that it's yellow since your peeing out the excess vitamins and getting rid of the toxins in your body!!

How many pills are you taking a day? FOr me personally, I don't think it's effective to take a lot of pills that your body doesn't need because it's just going to eliminate it anywayz.  I think you should take the amount of B5 that your body needs so you are not wasting it in your pee. I only take about 500mg (2 pills) a day and that works great for me and plus my pee is mostly clear. So i recommand you reduce the amount of pills you are taking.

If you drink enough water, your pee will simply not be dark yellow, thats the bottom line. Dark, Dark urine is not a good sign. When I first began getting mono last year, it started with dark pee and I didn't think much of it. Be sure to drink lots of water, you want your pee to be as close to clear as possible.

I really believe if you're taking B5, you should drink enough water so that your pee is not that color anymore.  The extra calcium in d-calcium pantothenate (b5) can be tough on your kidneys.  After I stopped taking b5, I took lots of kidney herbs and drank lots of lemon juice.  BTW, I quit b5 when I started getting stabbing stomach pains.  I think water is VERY important while on B5... and LOTS of it.