Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well i just got back from the mall and i bought some stuff for my face.So i bought a vichy cleanser for acne prone skin which i was told was really good.I also bought the BP and i bought the papaya mask made by life brand.I live in canada so i didnt think i would find that eucerin stuff but i did.The lady said it is good for dry skin which would be caued by the bp.She also told me though that it would only work for dry skin on the surface and with my skin being oily it would still eb underneith.It makes perfect sense because my skin is still oily after even if its dry on top.So i bought this vichy normadem anti imperfection hydrating care moisturizer.The lady said it was for hydrating not just moisturizing my skin to stop flaking.so i guess its kind of better to hydrate than to just do my surface.Anyways just thought i would let you guys know what im startin to use i will let you know how it works.

I tried the vichy products. i think i've used all of them on the market, including the Normaderm... didnt like it, hopefully you'll have more luck then i did...

Guest SuzanneWW

hi i'm new here. i have suffered from mildish ance for around 2-3 years now and it's really dented my confidence. i have had trouble finding products that I can use as I have senstive skin and everything i use has to be hypoallergenic. however i've seen the advert for vichy products and am very tempted to give them a go. i've just been into my local moss pharmacy this morning and picked up my free samples.

which products do you suggest to use? i've heard the hydrating creme is very good.

is it true that the products initially give you an outbreak?

the other thing i'm worried about is that i'm going abroad in just over 3 weeks and i never go out of the house without my makeup on however i don't want to be sunbathing in makeup so i want to get rid of my current pimples and scars before i go so that i can feel moderately ok about just wearing a tinted spf 15 instead of makeup. what can anyone suggest?

I used to use Vichy, but gave up on it several years ago. I used the Vichy cleanser that contained glycolic acid. I found it too drying, especially around the mouth area, making it hard to apply bp after. I also didn't like the smell, and especially the residue on my fingers which I couldn't get rid of no matter how often I washed my hands. I have very sensitive skin, and this stuff just dried my face out without really helping my acne. I learned the hard way that the cleanser is the least important factor in skin care; it's the topical treatment that really matters.

I also used the Vichy stick express, a concealer containing SA. It did not help heal pimples, and was too dark for my skin (I'm quite fair), and it only came in one shade. I find that their line is no more effective than any other product, yet more expensive, especially their sunscreen.

I'm just informing you from my own experience. Vichy is not harmful, it's just pointless when you can get a cheap bar of gentle soap and cheap moisturizer instead.

Guest SuzanneWW

Thanks for the reply. I have since read quite a few reviews on vichy and only a handful of them say it’s any good. So to be honest I don’t think I’m going to bother with it – it might even bring me out in an outbreak. As I say I’ve only got 3 weeks to go on holiday – I think I’m just going to drink stacks and stacks of water (although I already drink 2lts) and watch what I eat. The main thing I need to do is chill out – I get so worried about them and I’m full of cold at the moment so that’s probably not making them any better. I currently use a mixture of boots own and no7 products – my skin isn’t especially oily or has dilate pores but I do have outbreaks which leaves scars(I’m a naughty picker!)

I managed to order an oil free non-com sunsrceen for my face but I’m still worried about sunbathing with no makeup on. Do you think if I put a little coverup on it would aggravate my skin (whilst sunbathing I mean) or inhibit my tan?

Whew! I love Vichy. Especially the Anti-Dandruff shampoo. Really works! I mean, I tried Neutrogena, Nizoral, Head & Shoulders etc. But it was only Vichy that stopped my dandruff. I use twice a week. The Vichy Anti-Imperfection is not good though, never cured my acne. The green Vichy Face Wash for Acne-Prone skin is great but I only use it thrice a week coz I feel like it's too harsh to be used everyday. Anyway, if anyone has dandruff and doesn't want to use anti-dandruff shampoo everyday. Vichy is the best!