Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeCA

What power levels are people's smoothbeam at?

Smoothbeam is affordable in my area so I'm giving it a try and I'm happy with the results thus far. I'm not doing it for scar removal but instead sebacious hyperplasia (enlarged oil producing glands). I was just curious on everybody elses power lvls

I just finished my third. They were spaced every 2 weeks so I started about 4 weeks ago. The first lvl was on 13. I noticed no redness. Two weeks later before the 2nd treatment I noticed some slight improvement. The doc put it up to 13.5, this time there was redness which lasted a couple hours. I looked like a goof for a couple hours but so is life. At 4 weeks, just prior to my 3rd treatment, I noticed quite a bit imrpovement. The doc upped it again to 14. I think this is as high as I want to go. There was some redness which lasted until the next day. I'm hoping for further improvement. If I still want to go further in my treatment I'll probably go to accutaine or PDL.

thanks for any info on other peoples smoothbeams lvl.

thanks,

mike

My first was set at 10.5. Post-treatment, my face was not red at all, in fact, I could've gone back to work. Over the past four weeks, I've noticed some improvement, in fact, after some initial sporadic blemishing, I haven't broken out the past week and a half.

My next one is this Saturday, and I'm hoping that the LPN will bump the setting up a little, because, well, why not? If I can take a 10.5, I should be able to tolerate at least a 12 or 12.5.