Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeVa

Does bp gel get rid of red marks or worse?

Hi everyone,

I stopped using bp, but decided to go back to it again now. My question is I remeber last time when I had used it my skin would peel alot, does that actually help fade away the red marks cause the peeling helps bring out some new skin? I dunno, please help! thanks.

You will find that BP Gel will actually slow down the process of red marks fading. This is due to the oxygen reaction (how BP kills acne) which creates free radicals, which in turn cause red marks to stay for longer periods of time. They will eventually fade, anything from 3-5 months, but you may see them fading as soon as 1 month in some cases. The way I see it, red marks are better than live acne, so I am sticking with BP until I am completely clear with no red marks, then all I will need to do is keep up the BP treatment.

Currently I am experimenting with Glycolic Acid, which causes the skin to shed its outer layers with an AHA effect, meaning that skin will rejuvinate much quicker. This is said to help with red marks and acne scars.

Also Green Tea fights free radicals, so I am drinking that.