Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What the hell is up with car mirrors? I was driving around all day and it was nice and sunny, so I had the window down. Copped a look of my face in the rearview mirror outside and my red marks just popped right out. However, on camera or in the mirrors in other places, they don't look that bad.

oh man seriously.. car mirrors and subway reflections are the absolute WORST for me.. ill be having a good day, then look in one of those and feel bad sad.gif awwwwwwwwww

Guest Zitro

mm, I don't find car mirrors annoying for me. I see my skin average looking in it

Guest Shjaker

The mirrors at the side are my best friend because the shadows block out everything ^_^

The ones you fold down from the ceiling infront of you I sorta hate.. but surprisingly today whilst my mother was in the bank.. I pulled it down.. had my eyeliner on.. and said to myself I said "Damn I am one sexy beast!! I am ridiculously good looking!"

Ahhhh. I'm happy.

Guest Zitro

Shjaker : I am ridiculously good looking!"

haha, this is the third time I read the exact thing from you ... you sexy girl! cool.gif

Keep having that attitude ..

Guest Shjaker

I know.. I think I need to think of something else to say sometime.. or watch another movie I can plaigarise a phrase from.

And despite popular belief, I am just being as Joe calls a "facking nutjob."

Guest OnlyJoe

facking nutjob... thats a quote straight from zoolander tongue.gif

EDIT: im talking about the ridiculously good-looking quote.

DOUBLE EDIT: or maybe you already knew that and ive just made a ignoramus out of myself

Guest Shjaker

I knew that. And you knew that. BUT.. I bet you didn't know that line was inspired by my charming good looks. That's right. Call Ripley's.

Guest Shjaker

Which is why it's better to put your make-up on in the natural light.

I used to use rear view mirrors as a "reality check", if I looked o,k in a rear view mirror I knew i was o,k.

the reason you look so bad in them is

a) the natural light

b) the magnifying effect, everything seems closer in the rear view mirror, as meat loaf once said.

I used to use rear view mirrors as a "reality check", if I looked o,k in a rear view mirror I knew i was o,k.

the reason you look so bad in them is

a) the natural light

b) the magnifying effect, everything seems closer in the rear view mirror, as meat loaf once said.

Probably slightly worse than reality but if you can look o,k in harsh light with a mirror that makes everything look huge then you certainly have nothing to worry about.

The best mirror I had for a "reality check" was my sisters back-lit morror, it just told it the way it was i guess

Hm. Well I don't really have acne anymore.. Just redmarks. But they turned out all bright and shit in the mirror today. Then again, I'm on tane, and I heard that inflames red marks.

Mirrors/lighting this ALWAYS messes with me. What the hell does my skin "REALLY" look like? When I was younger and had wonderfully perfect skin I still thought my skin looked bad in those bathroom mirros/harsh lighting so what the HEY...

driving down the highway I looked in the rearview and I still saw my marks, scars, but my skin glowed.....looked at my face with light from overhead could see the nasty scars, well the redin them which makes 'em look indented.....looked the next day, when my skin wasn't dry/irritated scars looked very mild.....ARGH. It drives ME NUTS. And....are those tiny tiny holes SCARS or freakin' PORES.....wacko.gif

idea.gif You don't look as bad as your worst reflection and you don't look as good as your best reflection

Car Mirrors are the worst. And their inaccurate in my case ( i think ) tongue.gif

Window reflections get the best out of ya i think

Yeah, car mirrors are really bad for me too. sad.gif But then again, it's not like I like good in any mirror or window.

Black monitor screens for some reason... really allow me to see my oil accumulation. eusa_doh.gif Windows too, like in a subway or room. doubt.gif

EDIT: The worst is my scarring though.

I think it has something to do with being dark inside the car and having the sunlight shine though. There's a mirror in hallway in my house and it's usually dark. And on a sunny day the sun shines right though the window behind it and you can see every little flaw in your skin in this mirror. I avoid it like the plague.

Reflections in car windows are even more worse than the rear view mirror. Seriously, looking at your reflection in a shiny, tinted car window is the worst, especially in the morning when the sun is just rising. You can just see every single little scar. Unless you are standing in the beating sun and your whole face is lit from every direction (like around 4 pm), then the skin can actually look pretty good.