Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Bp when taking retin-a micro?

I know that bp is good at killing zits and preventing them. I also knmwo retin-a micro is good for preventing zits.

It is safe to sue bp in the morning for example and at night put on retin-a micro?

I know that bp is good at killing zits and preventing them. I also knmwo retin-a micro is good for preventing zits.

It is safe to sue bp in the morning for example and at night put on retin-a micro?

I'm not sure but I thought I read w/ my retin a micro stuff that bp is counter active - I will look and get back with you - has anyone else heard this?

BP and Retin-A work very well together. Either one of those treatments alone isn't enough to kill off acne. BP attacks the bacteria only, while retin-A stimulates cell renewal. Together, they work to eliminate 2 out of the 3 factors in pimple formation (third factor is sebum secretion).

I would follow whatever your dr. said but here is some info from teh retin a micro site:

"Can I use an over-the-counter product that contains benzoyl peroxide at the same time I'm using RETIN-A MICRO?

Tretinoin and benzoyl peroxide neutralize each other when applied at the same time. Talk to your doctor about the use of these two products in conjunction with each other."

and here is the link to the site:

http://www.retinamicro.com/faq.asp#go221

I would follow whatever your dr. said but here is some info from teh retin a micro site:

"Can I use an over-the-counter product that contains benzoyl peroxide at the same time I'm using RETIN-A MICRO?

Tretinoin and benzoyl peroxide neutralize each other when applied at the same time. Talk to your doctor about the use of these two products in conjunction with each other."

and here is the link to the site:

http://www.retinamicro.com/faq.asp#go221