Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ADRIAN

tanning post accutane

Sorry if this is a repetitive question, havn't been to this site in awhile. I finished a 6 month course of accutane on 4/3. My lips are still dry but slowly going back to normal. I have a few tanning questions.

For those of you who have finished a course of accutane, did you tan at all after? And if so when did you start and was it a bed or natural sun. My dermo told me to wait a couple months to tan because my skin will remain sensitive due to the fact the accutane keeps working for a couple months after the treatment. I am soooo white though! If I use a strong spf can I start say, next week? Maybe for 10-15 minutes 2-3 times for a couple weeks just to get a base tan back? Will it cause another breakout?

Also kinda off topic but have any of you had a post accutane breakout when coming off it? A little worried of this happening. Did your dermo give you anything to start putting on (retin a) right after your course ended or did you wait awhile to start any other meds. I'm sure I will get on something to make sure this crap doesnt try to creep its way back.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

I just finished my 5 month accutane course @ 80 mg/day last week. I have actually just started tanning and don't really find it to be any more sensitive than when I was on antibiotics. I just started out every other day to gradually build up a base tan and I cover my face with a towel about half the time. The only problem I am having post-accutane is that my face is still pretty red.

Ya I agree with the red face comment. I've gone golfing a few times in the past couple of weeks and my face gets quite red by the end of the day. But this is after 5-6 hours in the sun. So I guess I will try 15 minutes here and there over the next couple of weeks and see what happens. I'll try not to use the tanning beds and go for the natural sun. Would that be better? How has your skin been looking as far as acne? Any breakouts since stopping?