Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurt by my skin

HELP! I am very hurt by my acne scars!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I am a 44 year old man who has acne scars on parts of his face, and on his chest and back.

Although I can live with them on my back and chest, I really don't want them on my face.

My acne has been such an agonizing experience! The emotional scars I have are deep!

Oh how I have prayed, and prayed, and prayed that my face would not scar. Although I am sure my facial acne scars could be much worse, they are bad enough to drive me crazy.

Today I saw myself in several photoshoots from work. In these photos I saw the naked truth about my acne scars. They are real! People can see them!

I can't accept this. I dont' want to accept this.

I am educated in the treatments for acne scarring. I have gotten consultations. But I have not done anything yet.

I just read about Isolagen. It sounds very promising. Is Isolagen available in the United States yet? If I could have my own collogan fill in my acne scars, that would ideal. I have evern prayed for something like this to come along.

I can't stand it anymore! It has driven me insane long enough! I want to smooth out my skin.

But is there a way?

OH GOD HOW I PRAY THERE IS!

I'm sorry, but I just need to talk a little more about the pain my acne scars have caused me.

Nothing else in my life has caused me as much pain.

I used to be obssessed with my scars. I have been in denial. I have even talked about the scars when I was in therapy. But it took me years to bring up the scars. I was telling this man everything about myself, but the subject of acne scars was just too painful! IT WAS TOO PAINFUL! Until finally, one day I had to bring it up. It was like some big dark ungly secret to get out to him.

He said he could see them. Sure, that made me feel good. But it didn't stop the fact that I had them.

I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE SCARS.

Hi HBMS,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure in time you will find a lot of useful information and meet some kind, helpful and knowledgable people on this board.

For starter, here is a very informative scar treatment FAQ put together by Oursfan.

I don't think isolagen is FDA approved yet, but when it does you will find it annouced in the press release. I am not familiar with the effectiveness of isolagen, but if you really want it you can consider flying to UK to have it done.

Many people on this board recently had dermabrasion by Dr. Yarborough in New Orleans. You can do a search on "dermabrasion" to read about their experiences (mine included).

Good luck,

Sword

Hang in there .. We are all in a same boat as you eusa_angel.gif

you should put a pic of ur scars here ..

then we ll be able to help you even more ..

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear how much you have suffered with your acne scarring. But I'm glad you've found acne.org - there is a vast amount of resources and information available here, and most of the members will be able to appreciate how you feel about your scarring. Hopefully you'll be able to find a treatment that gives good results and come to a point where you can be more happy with your skin.

To start, I've done a search for isolagen for you, which has a lot of info that you might want to read up on. Here's the link:http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ghlite=isolagen

Try not to view isolagen as a miracle treatment, though - it has not been designed with acne scarring in mind, and on its own, it may not give particularly good results, particularly for the price. (which has recently increased in the UK to around £3,700 - about $6000) If combined with other treatments such as subcision and N-lite the results may be improved.

What sort of scarring do you have on your face? I'd recommend you look into skin needling, subcision and TCA CROSS - these can be effective treatments for most types of facial scarring. You may also want to look into different kinds of fillers from isolagen, such as restylane. These aren't 'natural' (in that they don't utilise your own skin cells), but they can still give good results. (and are less expensive than isolagen).

Good luck with researching!

Paul.

smile.gif

PS From looking at your other posts, I'd also recommend you give up smoking ASAP. I realise this will be difficult, but I think the benefits to your skin will be worth it.

I'm sorry, but I just need to talk a little more about the pain my acne scars have caused me.

I used to be obssessed with my scars. I have been in denial. I have even talked about the scars when I was in therapy.  But it took me years to bring up the scars.  I was telling this man everything about myself, but the subject of acne scars was just too painful!  IT WAS TOO PAINFUL!  Until finally, one day I had to bring it up. It was like some big dark ungly secret to get out to him.

He said he could see them. Sure, that made me feel good. But it didn't stop the fact that I had them.

yes, I feel your pain!! I haven't had nice skin since I was 13 and I'm 35 now. I'm so embarrased that my clogged pores make me look dirty. My cheek have pits and boxscars-my chin has a strange lumpy texture. I have wasted so much money with doctors who claim they can repair my skin. I'm still searching after having laser, syneron,obaji. Sometime I wish I would wake up and they'll be gone. I hate being around people because I know what they see. Where ever I go the first thing that is always on my mind is people will see my scars. I hate my dermatologist for not saving my skin when I was 13.No one knows how hurting it is inside-I just pretend to be o.k.

I used to be obssessed with my scars. I have been in denial. I have even talked about the scars when I was in therapy.  But it took me years to bring up the scars.  I was telling this man everything about myself, but the subject of acne scars was just too painful!  IT WAS TOO PAINFUL!  Until finally, one day I had to bring it up. It was like some big dark ungly secret to get out to him.