Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...getting a good night sleep? This may sound stupid but I read a book about sleeping and it said getting a good night sleep, every night, is very important for the repairing of your skin. It stated that if you wake up to an alarm clock you aren't getting enough sleep. I tried going to be earlier, 11pm, and woke up every morning by myself and within a week or so I noticed my face began to clear up. Getting a good night sleep relieves stress which is a cause of acne. I know this may sound weird but it did work for me. I would like some feedback.

It might be worth a shot, the more time your skin has to heal while you sleep the better.

definately true. also dont eat anything for 3 hours before you go to sleep because your body will be working on digesting it rather than healing your skin in simple terms.

DEFINETLY TRUE!!

Slept for 2 weeks at 11:00 pm and woke up at 8:00am everyday str8, no new breakouts and my skin felt smooth

After that i started to slack off sleeping at 1:00-3:00am for 2-3 days for one week 2 days later i had breakouts and lots of oil production

Sure, I believe it, but I doubt that you can "cure" your acne by getting enough sleep. Doubtlessly it helps, but I can sleep very little and use the regimen, and I stay very clear, and vice versa.

Good point about the eating. I know sleeping sounds too easy but I'm sure, for whatever reason, most people do not get enough sleep.

And just to clear things up, no pun intended, sleeping won't cure anything. It will only help your existing pimples go away quicker and red marks look less obvious.

Yes, there is a connection between acne and insomnia and yes, good night sleep may speed up the healing process of the skin, help the liver

discahrge of toxins and purge itself during the night what can possibly contribute to reducing stress and the inflamation associated with acne which may prevent new breakouts, but it is by no means a cure for acne.

To my knowledge, there is no isolated solution for acne.

Cheers.