Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi there! i was looking online i notice cetaphil has a lotion and cream . i was wondering if anyone has tried thse and if they work. which is better ? thanks !

the cream is heavier and richer. lotion is lighter. both are moisturizing, but i'd say, for your face, stick with lotions if you're oily and breaking out.

i use cream-type moisturizers only on my body.

Hey scargirl,

To be completely honest with you I tried about every product under the sun- my acne wasn’t really ever that bad (moderate acne in teens- mild ever since, I’m 25 now) but it is more of a "mindset" thing with me. The last few months I decided to eliminate all the harsh chemical crap I been putting on my face and stick to a simple plan. I work outside- so my face gets wind burnt, plenty of sun, dirt and dust from the landscape work I do. At the end of the day my face use to be so red and irritated and I was only aggravating it worse by applying BP, SA etc. The one product that never caused me to break out, and eliminated any millia was cetaphil cream. I use a hefty portion of it on my face, after my shower in the morning and by the end of the day when I come home my face feels fully moisturized! The stuff looks and feels like Crisco, but it really works better than any other moisturizer out there- and doesn’t even leave you with a sheen on your face. Everyone is different, and there is no "one" regimen that will work for all. But I definitely found my solution.

Wash face in morning with mild cleanser. (in shower)

Apply Cetaphil Cream. (And sun block afterwards)

Get face abused by Mother Nature. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

Take shower when I get home, apply cream again.

If you have oily skin- which I dont. use -the lotion instead!

Give it a try- you won’t be disappointed. Just don’t buy the generic version of the cream/lotion that Rite Aid and Walmart sell. I can't guarantee their quality. And yes for me moisturizing fades red marks faster that the BP caused in the past.

thank u guys for the inpout !!!! u guys are so helpful i luv ya !

Hey scargirl,

To be completely honest with you I tried about every product under the sun- my acne wasn’t really ever that bad (moderate acne in teens- mild ever since, I’m 25 now) but it is more of a "mindset" thing with me. The last few months I decided to eliminate all the harsh chemical crap I been putting on my face and stick to a simple plan. I work outside- so my face gets wind burnt, plenty of sun, dirt and dust from the landscape work I do. At the end of the day my face use to be so red and irritated and I was only aggravating it worse by applying BP, SA etc. The one product that never caused me to break out, and eliminated any millia was cetaphil cream. I use a hefty portion of it on my face, after my shower in the morning and by the end of the day when I come home my face feels fully moisturized! The stuff looks and feels like Crisco, but it really works better than any other moisturizer out there- and doesn’t even leave you with a sheen on your face. Everyone is different, and there is no "one" regimen that will work for all. But I definitely found my solution.

Wash face in morning with mild cleanser. (in shower)

Apply Cetaphil Cream. (And sun block afterwards)

Get face abused by Mother Nature. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

Take shower when I get home, apply cream again.

If you have oily skin- which I dont. use -the lotion instead!

Give it a try- you won’t be disappointed. Just don’t buy the generic version of the cream/lotion that Rite Aid and Walmart sell. I can't guarantee their quality. And yes for me moisturizing fades red marks faster that the BP caused in the past.

Hi just wonderring if you guys know if it's safe to use the cetaphil cleanser on my face since I'm using accutane my face has been getting very dry, I use cetaphil moisturizing loition on my face works great it's just I still feel that dryness even though you can't see it, and maybe this cleanser will remove all that dead dry skin.

Hi just wonderring if you guys know if it's safe to use the cetaphil cleanser on my face since I'm using accutane my face has been getting very dry, I use cetaphil moisturizing loition on my face works great it's just I still feel that dryness even though you can't see it, and maybe this cleanser will remove all that dead dry skin.

I use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion and I like it. My skin usually gets red and irritated from creams and such but this one causes the least irritation. It's also pretty light and sinks in well. Great combination with the Gentle Skin Cleanser (I love this stuff)

I frequent Make Up Alley message boards and even if you have oily skin they still reccomend the cream over the lotion. I have to agree with them. I purchased the cream because of them and I am so happy I did. This is a wonderful cream and contrary to popular belief, it does not make my acne prone skin break out. You can control how heavy it is by the amount you put on. It sinks in right away. This is my holy grail moisturizer for so little money. I have used a lot of high end creams and this is right up there with them.

Both the cetaphil cream, and the cetaphil lotion have broken me out in the past. I know it was because of them, because it was the only new thing I added to my regimen at the time. I am still in search of my best moisturizer, because I swear, everyone I have tried is not comfortable on my skin, and it leaves me an oily greasy mess, which is impossible to put makeup on top of!!!! So I just stick to aloe vera at night to keep my skin hydrated. Alos, I drink a lot of water, which has been working.

~Cindy