Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi folks well just a small point to make here, others may take it on board.

Basically I have been using a 3% gycolic CLEANSER for about 2 months now but for the last week I have decided to leave it on overnight, bit messy as its a cleanser and not a fast obsorbing lotion but it appeared to be working fine,. However then I think I went overboard as when I got up the other day and knew I was not going out so I decided to (instead of just washing with it) put it on a leave it on again. Now I know its only 3% percent but basically the stuff was on for 24 hours straight.

Anyhow my skin has now burnt up and I have what looks like a port wine stain on one side of my face. My roscea area (which i don't apply AHA to) is now actually ligher than most of my face for the first time in months. I just want to say to people to only use this AHA stuff at night, unless they are absolutly sure their skin can tolorate that much continious burning.

Anyone have any idea if this burn (which looks like a port wine stain) will go away?

It was working an everyting, but i just wnet overboard. Your thoughts on the above question would be appreciated.

I get burns like that from BP. It takes a while (like a week sometimes) but they will go away. Make sure to wear sun screen and moisterize like crazy.

Maybe it is the brand of sunscreen you're using. I don't really ever notice my face being shiny from mine.