Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leeb

question for any1 who stopped the regimen

im contemplating stopping the regimen for a number of reasons namely, its making my skin look bad even tho its killing off my acne and its taking too much of my time.

i was just wondering did you brakout or your skin go back to how it used 2 look when you stopped ? thankS

I think I gave the regimen about 3-4 weeks. It was so rough on my skin, that I could only do it at night. No one ever said anything negative about my skin before, but when I was on the regimen, friends asked if I was wind burned, chapped face. That's when I decided to quit, plus with all the time and money, the regimen was not paying off, I still brokeout. My skin's been fine ever since there have just been some trade offs. The left cheek is my worst area. With the regimen, I got less zits, but brighter red marks and irritation, now my skin is calm and even, but a few more zits. I make it sound a little bad but really I've been pretty content when I check myself in the morning.

I did the regimen for a couple months, I experienced a lot of times when it burned, and got red rashes from a moisturizer. I guess it eventually helped keep some breakouts down but it's not the end to acne, it's only a cover-up.

Acne is the disease we suffer from displacing real whole food with modernized crap. Abandon the modern diet and watch acne die. It doesn't stand a chance.

You know what happened when the Inuit people were introduced to the white man's food? They got acne along with all of our other problems. Children should not need braces, people should not get cavities, people should not die of cancer or heart attacks. This is what we get for altering nature's food. Acne is just one effect.

I think I gave the regimen about 3-4 weeks.  It was so rough on my skin, that I could only do it at night.  No one ever said anything negative about my skin before, but when I was on the regimen, friends asked if I was wind burned, chapped face.  That's when I decided to quit, plus with all the time and money, the regimen was not paying off, I still brokeout.

This is true 2 me aswell, my friends keep saying yo lee stay the hell away from that sunbed and once my face started peeling real bad thru the moisturiser n my mate jono was like what the f*** we need to get u to a doctor. Before the regime they diddnt say anything.

The only think thats keeping me on the regime is that it has darkened my skin and killed 50 % of my acne so my face looks better, but it is streched, red and getting wrinkly and im very scared of premature wrinkles.

Hey it sucks if the regimen is not working out. But the side effects yiou are talkin about make me suspicious of the products you are using.

I mean I have naturally very sensitive, allergy prone, acne prone, very dry skin. The first two weeks on the regimen made my skin dry and scaley but since then you really couldn't tell I was using any treatment and no spots. (I use panoxyl aq 2.5 bp, cetaphil liquid, and an avene or clarins moisturiser for sensitive/dry skin)

Leeb before you give up can you list the products you are using on your skin. Also what your underlying skin condition is like (dry, oily) when you use no products.

when not using any products my skin is usually quite oily but it also gets v dry at times.

when i 1st started using the regimen a month ago i was using a non sensitive cleanser and moisturiser. disaster struck and i disscontinued.

now im using

cleanser: Oilatum soap bar, for dry skin

says it "gently cleanses without drying" my skin does get so dry after using it that i cant open my mouth but im pretty sure this is the bp ?

says it contains liquid paraffin BP 7.5%

http://www.oilatum.co.uk/

BP: Oxy on the spot 2.5% 1 finger pr session :-

moisturiser: E45 Cream, treatment for dry skin conditions

http://www.e45.com/information/info.asp?Le...8&showLev3=true

hope this helps and thanks for the advice. i diddnt buy the panoxyl 2.5% cos i diddnt think it would work aswell as the cream ? the tube is a lot bigger and cheaper than oxy right ?

V interesting!!!

Holy crap...all in all you are giving your skin a really hard time...going from very drying products to very oily. You are reminding me of myself 5 years ago I used to do exactly the same thing. It is hard when you have conflicting skin problems...me dry, sensitive and acne prone....you combination, almost certainly sensitive and acne prone.

Keep the 2.5 oxy that is fine.

"gently cleanses without drying" my skin does get so dry after using it that i cant open my mouth but im pretty sure this is the bp ?

Hey guys, I do believe that even if you keep using bp everyday, you will still breakout if they want to breakout. But bp is to stop the acne from formiing and doesnt seem like preventing from breakout. Because when I was having the worse breakout time, even with bp everyday, I will still see one or two new pimples or acnes forming. But actually washing two times a day and drink more water seems to help me for futhur breakout.

So I do not think you should keep using it when you actually are stop breaking out. Because yes bp can turn your face :oops: "RED". Anyway, maybe use less, dont use it for everyday. When is beginning to breakout then put some on. If not why should you put it on? To make your skin looks dead?

Yeah.. I've been on the regimen for a couple months also. At first I experienced redding of the face.. just like a combination of sunburn / windburn / capped face. It was terrible for a couple of weeks. I would say that you see results from the regimen the next morning from the first application. After a while, I would still get acne. Mostly cyst and palpaule acne. Also, quality BP cost a lot for a teeny weeny amount.

says it contains liquid paraffin BP 7.5%

is that BP benzol porozide ? i never thought for the life of me that it was i dont know much about this stuff tho. I think the e45 has similar ingrediant in it but bp 14% wait i find it.

White Soft Paraffin BP 14.5% w/w, Light Liquid paraffin Ph Eur 12.6% w/w, Hypoallergenic Anhydrous Lanolin (Medilan) 1.0% w/w

scarey if it is :-

thankS for the advice

I assumed that you were talkin about seperate ingredients. But now it sounds as though the BP is some kind of descriptive of the paraffin. So wouldn't worry on that score...a lot of oily crap to be rubbing into your face though.

scarey sh*t is tho, if i dont then my skin peels uncontrolabley. even with all this i shead a new layer of skin every couple of days .. it just falls off in the shower. thats my my face is looking clean tanned and shiney im just scared that i do some kinda damage 2 it.

I had the same problem. The regimen made my face so red everyone was commenting. It was much worse than the acne. I got on accutane, which people complain constantly about the side effects, but for the most part dont seem as bad to me as the regimen.

And I used cetaphil gentle cleanser, Nuetrogena 2.5BP, and cetaphil moisturizer.

peace

-Cory

hey incubus ..

did you stop the regimen like a week or a few days b4 u went on accutane ? .. im due 2 start it on the 25th n i dont know how im gonna make the changeover from the regimen 2 the accutane.

I did the reg. for a few weeks, got clear, dried out, and then broke out worse than ever. I actually think the regimen is pretty genius, especially in an age of super bacteria. Oxygen will never go out of style. What I really learned that's been the best is to be gentle with products while washing. i was always down for the ultra-antibacterial-alpha-hydroxy-salicylic acid fruit peel scrub nonsense. now i use purpose, no scrubbing. I also learned from this website that my acne is hormonal. basically, this site at least allows us to be open enough to find out what will work, even if the regimen is too harsh for some.

My regimen:

Orthocyclen bcp's

Purpose am/pm

MD formulations face cream {alpha hydroxy}

plexion treatment cream

I'm clear today....who knew?

Well, a thought occurred to me a few days ago. The only areas that I was still breaking out in was the areas I apply BP. The rest of my face has long since cleared up. So I stopped the BP and lo and behold I am clear. I think this is because I have REALLY fair skin and no matter how little or low the concentration of BP it was still too much for my skin.

Now I just wash with the cleanser bar twice daily and moisturise. If the regimen's not working for you, why not do a trial period of just washing. However, having said that I think the regimen can work for a lot of people, but I guess I'm not one of them. Btw I performed the regimen religiously for 5 months. Good luck with your complexion! :P